Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problem loading patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> problem loading patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem loading patch - 6/2/2007 7:32:53 AM   
billyzbear

I got this game over a year ago but didn't have XP OS. I got it all installed and it's working ok. I go to add patch and it says my CD key is invalid. I didn't register when I loaded the game. Is that the problem?
Post #: 1
RE: problem loading patch - 6/8/2007 8:43:12 AM   
billyzbear

Not one reply? Am I posting in the right place?

(in reply to billyzbear)
Post #: 2
RE: problem loading patch - 6/8/2007 7:47:10 PM   
Joel Billings

You need to register the game in order to patch it. You will need to reinstall your game and register it before you can patch. Registration is part of the installation process.

(in reply to billyzbear)
Post #: 3
RE: problem loading patch - 8/9/2007 10:04:57 AM   
monk000

I had the same problem.  I just loaded v1.005 that I bought retail.  The serial number works fine to load from the CD.  However I did not register prior to attempting to load patch v1.011.  That patch told me my serial number was invalid.  I uninstalled the v1.005 and reinstalled it.  When I try to register the serial number online, the site tells me the key is invalid.  Do you have any advice on how to install v1.011?  Thanks.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: problem loading patch - 8/18/2007 10:56:19 PM   
jimsottile

I am having the same problem. I recently reinstalled the retail version on a new computer. Install went fine with the serial number provided. When I tried to register, I got an invalid id message and when I tried to install the latest patch I was told the serial number was invalid. What can I do to register the game and install the patch? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as suggested above but had the same problems.

Jim Sottile

(in reply to monk000)
Post #: 5
RE: problem loading patch - 8/19/2007 1:58:58 AM   
rjh1971

FYI Joel Billings will be back on August 19th, so you will have to wait a couple of days before he probably gives you an answer to your problems. He usually answers real fast.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 8/19/2007 1:59:42 AM >

(in reply to jimsottile)
Post #: 6
RE: problem loading patch - 8/20/2007 8:38:03 PM   
Joel Billings

I'm not sure what the issue could be as the registration code comes from Matrix. I will send a note to their customer service to check out this thread and see if they have any ideas what the problem might be. When you first install the game, you should have typed in your registration number for the game. When you run the patch, it should ask you for your reg number and it should accept the reg number that you previously used.

I can see in my previous response about needing to register the game that I may have confused the issue. I don't think you have to register online, you should simply have to have entered the correct reg key number for the initial install and then repeat it for the patch. It sounds like this is not working for some of you. As for registering online, are you talking about registering the game in the members area? Were these copies of the game purchased from Matrix? In any case I'll speak with Matrix and see if we can figure this out.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 7
RE: problem loading patch - 8/24/2007 6:59:01 PM   
Joel Billings

As there've been no answers to the questions in my last post should I assume that all of you managed to get past whatever problem you were experiencing?

Post #: 8
RE: problem loading patch - 8/28/2007 5:35:50 PM   
jimsottile

No, I'm still having the same problem.  The game installs fine with the original serial number from Matrix.  When I try to install the patch, however, I get an error message saying the serial number was invalid.

Jim Sottile

Post #: 9
RE: problem loading patch - 8/28/2007 6:16:02 PM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimsottile
No, I'm still having the same problem.  The game installs fine with the original serial number from Matrix.  When I try to install the patch, however, I get an error message saying the serial number was invalid.

Just one point for clarification. Do you observe the problem when you try to download from Matrix, or after you have downloaded and you try to run the installation application?

(in reply to jimsottile)
Post #: 10
RE: problem loading patch - 8/31/2007 4:04:34 AM   
jimsottile

After I've downloaded the patch and try to install it, I get the invalid serial number error every time.

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 11
RE: problem loading patch - 8/31/2007 8:08:08 PM   
Joel Billings

We are guessing this is a problem with the install program and are trying to get in touch with Matrix Games and the person that creates the install programs to see what can be done. Sorry for the delay. If you haven't already, you should email support@matrixgames.com with the details of your problem.

(in reply to jimsottile)
Post #: 12
RE: problem loading patch - 8/31/2007 11:46:52 PM   
Joel Billings

For those of you experiencing problems with the serial number when attempting to apply the patch, please PM Greg Wilcox with your serial number so he can try to figure out what the problem is. Do not, I repeat NOT, post your serial number here! Thanks, and hopefully Greg can get you guys up and running.

(in reply to jimsottile)
Post #: 13
RE: problem loading patch - 9/5/2007 7:17:49 PM   
Joel Billings

Did anyone PM Greg and work through this problem? Just curious if it's been resolved.

Post #: 14
RE: problem loading patch - 9/13/2007 8:07:13 PM   
Munsterplatz

Same problem here as well. Sigh...
I try to register my serial number on the website and it says it's invalid.

Will possible solutions be posted here?

(in reply to billyzbear)
Post #: 15
RE: problem loading patch - 9/13/2007 8:41:02 PM   
Joel Billings

If you have this problem, please PM Greg Wilcox with your registration number. The last I heard Greg hadn't heard from anyone with a registration number. If you did send Greg your number please post here what the response was. Thanks.

(in reply to Munsterplatz)
Post #: 16
RE: problem loading patch - 9/14/2007 12:24:40 AM   
Munsterplatz

Alright, PM'ed Greg, waiting on a response. Will post here on the result.

Thanks.

Post #: 17
RE: problem loading patch - 9/21/2007 8:13:22 AM   
Munsterplatz

Well, sent a PM and he has not answered me yet in over a week. Any other suggestions?

Post #: 18
RE: problem loading patch - 9/21/2007 7:40:55 PM   
Joel Billings

I've emailed Greg and will try to find out what happened.

Post #: 19
RE: problem loading patch - 9/24/2007 6:48:24 PM   
Joel Billings

Greg says the two of you have determined that your number is for the original World at War game and that you were trying to use it for the newer A World Divided game.

Post #: 20
RE: problem loading patch - 1/6/2008 5:09:16 AM   
pmelheck1

I'm having a similar issue with patching.  I installed fine installed the public patches with no problems.  The beta patch will not install however with a invalid SN error

Post #: 21
RE: problem loading patch - 1/6/2008 7:39:52 AM   
WanderingHead

mullk - Just to check, based on Joel's post #20, you are referring to GGWAW:AWD, not the original GGWAW game, right?

If GGWAW:AWD, I suggest contacting Matrix tech support. They do the distribution, I doubt anyone monitoring this forum can help.

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> problem loading patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI