Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone Else Having this Problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Anyone Else Having this Problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone Else Having this Problem? - 6/6/2007 3:02:57 PM   
Leegen

Since converting my replay association to CE, i have this recurring problem every season of certain pitchers that are drafted having astronomical ERAs in the thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands. I first noticed this when one of my Tigers box scores was something like 122-3. I started checking and found all minor leaguers were batting .600 or above because of 2 or 3 pitchers. I have to go in a couple of weeks into each season and find the culprits and force retire them. They seem to have low potential or low velocity in common. While it makes sense for the AI to give these guys a shot on the mound, it doesn't make sense for it to allow them to face 90-100 batters in a row while recording one out.

"But sir, how would that make him a better general?" Lee to Longstreet's request to courtmartial Stuart for disobeying orders.
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone Else Having this Problem? - 6/7/2007 6:03:16 AM   
motnahp

(1) Click your "Statistics and Reports" box at the bottom of the screen.

(2) Click on "Sortable Pitching"

(3) Click on ERA to arrange your association's pitchers by ERA, low-to-high.

(4) Click on ERA again to list the pithcers from high-to-low.

(5) Individually investigate any pitcher with an outrageous ERA. More than likely, you'll have several pitchers to examine. They will probably be pitchers who have very low "stuff" and "control". If you look at their real life stats, I'll bet they appeared in a low number of games in their "imported" year. You need to either get rid of those pitchers or go into their player usage screen and keep them on the bench. You can also make them mop-up men if a team is short on pitchers.

I'm not sure what kind of parameters you're set up with, but I had a similar problem with an earlier release. Since I was set up as "multiplayer", with all teams under human control, I could go to those pitchers via the edit screen and force retire them. I could have edited their ratings to make them competitive, but I noticed they had very few appearances in real life. Apparently, the program's AI liked them enough to keep them on the roster. Sometimes, the solution is as simple as changing them from starter to reliever, or vice versa.

If you feel you "must" have that player on your roster(s), just retire the version with the low ratings and high ERA, then import him from another season (one in which he had a reasonable number of games played in real life). Hope some of this is helpful.

Nice name, by the way. In my town, one of the major high schools is Robert E. Lee. Their nickname, of course, is the Generals.

(in reply to Leegen)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Anyone Else Having this Problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI