Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WishlistTe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: WishlistTe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WishlistTe - 6/13/2007 6:26:10 PM   
RAF

If we are wishing:

(1) Programmable scenario building. This feature would allow an individual not only to set the initial placement of units, but also create a program for a particular type of attack. Thus, a scenario designer can say, "These three companies will move up along road R until they get to town T, then take a left," or "If victory location L is in friendly hands, advance to L. If it is in enemy hands, advance to K."

(2) Team play. Regimental leader gives commands to battalion leaders who pass along commands to company leaders who move and fire.

(Ultimately, my "dream game" is still a game like this, except that company leaders operate on a game model more like "Close Combat" - with their company represented as 15 "close combat" units. Then, I would be pleased if scenario designers would go to work converting Campaign Series scenarios into this model - at least for the smaller scenarios.)

Okay, enough dreaming. Back to reality.

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 31
RE: WishlistTe - 6/13/2007 6:36:09 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: RAF

If we are wishing:

(1) Programmable scenario building. This feature would allow an individual not only to set the initial placement of units, but also create a program for a particular type of attack. Thus, a scenario designer can say, "These three companies will move up along road R until they get to town T, then take a left," or "If victory location L is in friendly hands, advance to L. If it is in enemy hands, advance to K."

This is one of my dreams too!! An event editor like the one found in TOAW.

quote:

ORIGINAL: RAF
(2) Team play. Regimental leader gives commands to battalion leaders who pass along commands to company leaders who move and fire.

(Ultimately, my "dream game" is still a game like this, except that company leaders operate on a game model more like "Close Combat" - with their company represented as 15 "close combat" units. Then, I would be pleased if scenario designers would go to work converting Campaign Series scenarios into this model - at least for the smaller scenarios.)

Okay, enough dreaming. Back to reality.

You can already do this, either as a PBEM or using a TCIP connection while playing live. It's just a matter of finding opponents whom are willing to take orders. The Blitz usually has team games going on. I also believe that Gamesquad is looking to start one!

Jason Petho

(in reply to RAF)
Post #: 32
RE: WishlistTe - 6/13/2007 9:18:00 PM   
Chris Bisson

I would like to see minefields reworked so that they do not become invisible after out of LOS. Always, later on you "blunder" back into them when moving and they should stay visible once discovered. I have no other wish regarding minefields. Just that they stay "discovered".

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 33
RE: WishlistTe - 6/13/2007 9:30:16 PM   
Chris Bisson

Another wish for the list... During a Dynamic Campaign. At the beginning when you are in setup mode. All your units from the same organisation are all over the map. If the map is very large it can take a loooooong time to sort them and then place them before you even start playing. I am not asking for any kind of intelligent setup so I can get started immediately, I am asking for same organisational units to be stacked or placed together or close proximity (within reason of course) Maybe have a control for organisation size at setup. Meaning you can pick a level of control for close proximity placement. Like Battalion level or Regimental level or Divisional level as far as proximity goes. Maybe Battalion level units of the same organisation could be placed in an area within 4 hexes of each other. Say 10 hexes for regiments ....etc. This way setup mode could be made much easier and you can get to the reason your running the program in the 1st place and "start playing".  ;)

(in reply to Chris Bisson)
Post #: 34
RE: Wishlist - 6/14/2007 12:34:30 AM   
Lesbaker

One wish i would like is to revamp the range display in the Unit Handbook;

as it is, it's hard to discern what the attack values of the units are at the verying ranges or steps displayed by the graphic; this is fine if a units weapons characteristics decline at an even rate for the range. however some units weapons deminish in attack strenght more rapidly at longer ranges or they don't get to the 0 line at all even at there max range.

i would like the attack value shown for each of the steps displayed along the 'Y' axis and the range steps along the 'X' axis, red numbers for hard values and blue for soft. 

(in reply to Chris Bisson)
Post #: 35
RE: Some suggestions - 6/15/2007 5:43:27 AM   
warhead2

quote:

ORIGINAL: warhead2

add the coy leader function to arty HQs so they have a purpose
that is the arty HQ "helps" undisrupt artillery
let's get some function for the arty HQs

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 36
RE: Some suggestions - 6/17/2007 8:52:37 PM   
schaef

I notice that you have included SMG sections (2 SMG) for the Germans infantry and SS infantry, YOU SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE A SIMULAR UNIT FOR THE MOTORCYCLE TROOPS!! The German early WW2 Motorcycle units had these sections also!

Larry

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 37
RE: Some suggestions - 6/17/2007 9:40:10 PM   
Hertston

Coupla things.

Firstly, I'd like unit organisation and other additional info shown in the unit info box on right clicking, as in the HPS games.

Secondly, I'd like a revision of the scale views in 2D with an additional option added. With increased monitor resolutions since the initial release the 2D zoom-out is pointless for anything but the very largest scenarios, with 2D normal serving the purpose zoom-out used to have at 800 x 600. The counters in 2D normal are really too small and hard to see in 1280 x 1024 and above (it doesn't help that the business bit only occupies the middle part of the counter). The game needs another, more zoomed in 2D view to do what 'normal' should be doing, complete with new, larger, unit counters that provide rather more information at a glance.

(in reply to schaef)
Post #: 38
RE: Some suggestions - 6/18/2007 9:49:30 AM   
warhead2

variable game ending like in SPWAW
mostly for DCGs but it would be useful for some user designed scenarios

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 39
RE: Some suggestions - 6/18/2007 10:59:14 AM   
Bonjr

The things I like to see:

* Get the special units working, like airfield units, trains, special engineers, boats, etc etc
* divided ground included in the game with possibility to play in the vietnam war
* possibility to group organisational units together during setupo phase
* possibility for artillery to use counterfire. (firing back at suspected position of enemy artillery)

Cheers

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 40
RE: Some suggestions - 6/19/2007 6:45:21 PM   
JJKettunen

A hotkey for highlighting disrupted units would be nice! (at least I haven't found one yet)

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to Bonjr)
Post #: 41
RE: Some suggestions - 6/19/2007 6:51:48 PM   
1925frank

Isn't there a way to do that with the menu?  Push "m" to bring up the menu.  I don't know if it's the "Options" or some other heading, but on one of them you can highlight units in various conditions.

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 42
RE: Some suggestions - 6/19/2007 7:05:48 PM   
JJKettunen

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

Isn't there a way to do that with the menu? Push "m" to bring up the menu. I don't know if it's the "Options" or some other heading, but on one of them you can highlight units in various conditions.

Sure, but there's no hotkey for lightning fast players like me.

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 43
RE: Some suggestions - 6/20/2007 4:05:01 AM   
1925frank

I don't have the current manual.  The old manuals do not show a hotkey to highlight disrupted units.

-A plodding pachederm proceeding placidly with pulldowns.

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 44
RE: WishlistTe - 6/20/2007 4:08:57 PM   
Gudadantza

Some Improvements could be...

-Possibility of On map results as it works in Panzer Campaigns.
-On map mark of fixed unit, etc...
-More physical interface as in Operational art of war: metalic sounds on buttons, etc...
-clearer soldier figures?
-Clearer group movement.
-Revision of the night graphics (the antique way of simulate darkness is very ugly) and movement shadows. Perhaps something like iluminated green hexagons as it worked on Panzer general III could be a good way. The same in command range etc...
-Perhaps this means a jump to 16 bit graphics?
-Possibility of line of front as it works in operational art of war or decisive battles series... It could be an easy way to know which of your units are unsupplied in a physical way.

Sorry for my english and thanks for the oportunity of revisit these clasics.

(in reply to RAF)
Post #: 45
RE: WishlistTe - 6/21/2007 10:16:13 PM   
HobbesACW

I hope many of the good ideas on the original list will still be considered :-

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=961583&mpage=1&key=

Cheers, Chris

(in reply to Gudadantza)
Post #: 46
RE: WishlistTe - 6/21/2007 11:21:50 PM   
Gudadantza

One more:

-Right click on an unit or hex where the unit is=Pop up menu with options (dig in... blow up walls...construct..F2 Information of unit perhaps? )

-Weapon sounds from SPWAW... (this is optional)

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 47
RE: Some suggestions - 6/26/2007 5:11:56 PM   
MengCiao

quote:

ORIGINAL: warhead2

redo DG in phases so we get product sooner. that is get a DG system/game in place to handle '48-50s and thus the Korean War
and then release a 60s-70s product for nam and the later arab-israeli wars
and then a final modern war product introducing 80s weaponry to current,or at least 90s

these all would require extensive work and should probably be priced as separate product
except for the first DG on which much work has already been done and the weaponry doesn't diverge too much from world war II era

and I would love for the new DG to be able to handle DCG(dynamic campaigns)

This is a great idea. The wars in the Middle East until the Israelis get those French wire-guided missles...are pretty much just WWII gear with maybe a few extra jets.

The corpus of a thousand battles rises from the flood.

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: WishlistTe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI