Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades - 6/13/2007 1:47:00 AM   
Gray_Lensman

Hey Gil

Keeping in mind what Rasmus stated above re:combat bonuses from Generals stacked with a brigade, that does give some more impetus to having more (one-stars) available to pair up with brigades.

With that thought, comes to mind the rule about attaching more than one general to a container, and the one (general) used is alphabetically determined. Maybe for the expansion, there should be a way to mark which general is actually in overall command of the container, and thereby allow extra generals to be attached to the higher (division) container for dispersal as brigade commanders on the HW map if someone wants to play that deep. This would kinda give the original poster what he wants, regarding brigade generals, without too much change in the current coding, I would think.

< Message edited by Gray_Lensman -- 6/13/2007 2:04:37 AM >

You've GOT to hold them back!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 31
RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades - 6/13/2007 1:57:53 AM   
Gil R.

I think I see what you're saying -- you want the player to be able to designate which of 2+ 2-star generals commands a division, so that one can use other 2-stars with good ratings to command brigades? I guess I can see some value in that -- might as well add it to the Wish List.

(in reply to Gray_Lensman)
Post #: 32
RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades - 6/14/2007 7:47:06 PM   
Mr. Yuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman

Hmm, would another annoyance have the initials "Butler"?  Nah, he's too politically connected to treat that way, NOT!

Just stick Butler and that terrible 3 star in Ft Monroe. They'll be sitting in Andersonville by the time Sherman needs Butler's slot.

(in reply to Gray_Lensman)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: 1 Stars attached to Brigades Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI