Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Are you having Campaign Problems?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/4/2007 9:21:44 PM   
Jason Petho

No problem, glad to hear it's working!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 31
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/9/2007 3:45:38 AM   
sabre1

I can't play linked campaign games, the others work ok if I save them in their proper directory. I have tried your fixes but I still get the scrambled buttons. Thanks for any help.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 32
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/9/2007 4:51:22 AM   
Jason Petho

Hmm, scrambled buttons are from saving the campaign in the incorrect location.

It might be possible that you saved one campaign in the incorrect location and then tried to save another campaign in the correct location?

Maybe go in, delete all your campaign games (usually identified by the character name) from the game folders and from wherever the default location is and try again.

Try an East Front LCG, ensuring you save in the East Front folder.

Jason Petho

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 33
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/10/2007 1:12:00 AM   
sabre1

I deleted all the .ccl files and still have the same problem. I can play dynamic campaign games with no problems, it's just the linked games that are giving me fits with the scrambled buttons. Thanks for such a quick response. I am still enjoying the game and do appreciate Matrix for bringing it back.

Lance

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 34
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/10/2007 2:48:18 AM   
Jason Petho

Did you happen to ensure you deleted any ccl files at the root of your drive as well? Can you do a search on your machine for *.ccl and see if you missd any?

Jason Petho

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 35
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/10/2007 6:49:15 AM   
sabre1

I did a search on my system to make sure all *.ccl files were deleted. No dice, same problem. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

I have upgraded to the latest patch and installed it according to instructions. Everything seems to wokr except for the linked campaigns.

Thanks for responding so quickly, I do appreciate your time.

Lance

Post #: 36
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/10/2007 7:27:36 AM   
sabre1

Finally got it to work. Don't ask me what I did, it just started to work.

You were probably right, there was some left over *ccl file someplace, and I finally got rid of it.

Thanks for the help, and a great game.

Oh yeah,

Merry Christmas too,

Lance

Post #: 37
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/10/2007 7:42:12 PM   
Jason Petho

Excellent news. Happy to hear it is functioning as normal!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Jason Petho

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 38
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/30/2008 12:03:21 AM   
King Conda

Hello.

For some reason whenever I try to complete a campaign mission with the Japanese vs Americans in return to the phillipines, I complete the current mission and hold the objectives but when the battle is over I don't receive any victory points for holding the locations and the game doesn't state what level of a victory or defeat it was. I then get a terrible score (though I did well and held the objectives) and suffer on the replacement points for the next battle. It pretty much kills being able to play a campaign. I haven't tried it with West/East front.

Post #: 39
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/30/2008 12:08:50 AM   
Jason Petho

Remember that campaign play is not always about holding the objectives. You have to factor your losses as well. If you lose too many men, you will pay the consequences with a low score and/or a tough play for future scenarios.

Jason Petho

(in reply to King Conda)
Post #: 40
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/30/2008 1:40:14 AM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: King Conda

Hello.

For some reason whenever I try to complete a campaign mission with the Japanese vs Americans in return to the phillipines, I complete the current mission and hold the objectives but when the battle is over I don't receive any victory points for holding the locations and the game doesn't state what level of a victory or defeat it was. I then get a terrible score (though I did well and held the objectives) and suffer on the replacement points for the next battle. It pretty much kills being able to play a campaign. I haven't tried it with West/East front.

KC, the score you see is always the attacker's performance. So if you are defender and see a negative final score, no worries - you the defender actually did quite well. The number of replacements can be randomly reduced but it is not dependant on how well you performed in a mission.

You can find out how well you did after the battle when you are returned to the Campaign screen - just click your 'Campaign History' button. My guess is that you did better than you think.

What you are striving for is 'experience points' which are weighted slightly more toward the final kill ratio than gaining the objectives. Another factor is the type of mission you played - some missions are more important to the High Command than others and thus will provide higher levels of experience points.

cheers,

< Message edited by simovitch -- 1/30/2008 1:53:34 AM >

simovitch

(in reply to King Conda)
Post #: 41
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/30/2008 3:35:57 AM   
King Conda

Thanks Guys for the responces.

So, my campaigns are working correctly then? I do recall seeing something like a -257 or something or the other with it saying first side Allies (I play as Japanese, aren't they Axis?). To me that means that the Allies won and I was 257 points in the negative as my held objective points didnt register in being actually held. At the end of the missions, I would seem to get yelled at by the Japanese high command and get very little replacment points sometimes. I seem to recall back in the day before I bought the Campaign Series that when I owned just West Front that I would get credit showing up for what objectives I held and it would also tell me that I got a certain victory level or defeat level (IE Total Victory etc)

I know I am killing more than I'm being killed, I mean I don't know how the computer keeps getting unlimited replacments or so it seems between battles that he is back to full strength when I killed probably 60%+ of his units.Then I get 3 replacment points.....

Anyways, I will try it with West Front tonight and see if its different or maybe take a screen shot and post it if I still think its not accuratly recording the battle outcome.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 42
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/1/2009 7:44:28 PM   
Salemi88

Dear Jason,

I'm having a problem concerning a DCG (Eastern Front) that prevent me from resuming the campaign. I've already have posted twice in the forum but I think I haven't done in the proper place.

At the last turn of a battle when I press the "next turn" button I get all the compliments of General Von Rundstedt (I think is his picture...) and the game crashes...

I tried to reinstall and apply the last patch, tried to replace de "ddl" file related to error (according to microsoft windows error message) and nothing has made any difference at all.

Could you, please, help me?

Best regards, happy new year and thanks in advance...

André Luis S Andrade

Post #: 43
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/1/2009 8:09:39 PM   
Jason Petho

Hi Andre

Can you send me your game files?

jasonpetho
at
hotmail dot com

Thanks!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Salemi88)
Post #: 44
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 3:08:11 AM   
Salemi88

Hi Jason,

I've already sent you the campaign files: .cpn; .ccd; .ccx; .map and .org.

Thanks,

André Luis S Andrade

Post #: 45
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 4:05:17 AM   
Jason Petho

Thanks Andre,

Files received A-OK. I will look into the issue tomorrow after work.

Hope you're well
Jason Petho

(in reply to Salemi88)
Post #: 46
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 5:35:45 AM   
Jason Petho

Well, I figured out what the problem is.

Unfortunately, with the adding of the old Talonsoft organizations to the OOB's, there was a numerical conflict with two divisional ID's which is causing the campaign to read two wrong Talonsoft divisions instead of two MCS divisions. Since they are reading the Talonsoft organizations, they are still reading platoon level upgrades and are causing the crash.

Damn Talonsoft!

I will see about what can be done without you having to start your campaign over.

Jason Petho

Post #: 47
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 5:47:25 AM   
Jason Petho

For those interested.

EAST FRONT Division01.oob -- which you can open with NOTEPAD.

CTRL + F

Type in: D0142241 and press Find Next

It should highlight this:

[-------------------------------------------------------]
[------- 255. Infanterie Division 41/06 - 43/11 --------]
[-------------Added by von Niemack----------------------]
41 06 43 11 D0142241 6 255. Infantry Division

Edit that bolded text to read this:

[------- 255. Infanterie Division 41/06 - 43/11 --------]
41 06 43 11 D0142141 6 255. Infantry Division

Press CTRL + F

Type in: D0142250 and press Find Next

It should highlight this:

[------- 267. Infanterie Division 41/06 - 44/07 --------]
41 06 44 07 D0142250 6 267. Infantry Division

Edit that bolded text to read this:

[------- 267. Infanterie Division 41/06 - 44/07 --------]
41 06 44 07 D0142050 6 267. Infantry Division

Any NEW EAST FRONT CAMPAIGN using a MCS organization that called upon the 29. Mot. Infantry will now function 100%

This does explain the Campaigns that have no problems and the odd campaign that runs into problems, as only two of the MCS organizations use the 29. Motorized Infantry Division: XXXXVII. Panzer Corps -- MCS AND XXXIX. Panzer Corps -- MCS.

Apologies.

Jason Petho

Post #: 48
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 3:36:18 PM   
cpdeyoung

Saving Andre's DCG, priceless! Good work Jason, I am so busy with another game I have put JCTS aside for a bit, but I drop in here frequently to check on what this commnity is up to.  As always the support is top notch

By the way, I enjoyed my trip to East Canada.

Chuck

Post #: 49
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 4:32:29 PM   
Salemi88

Hi Jason,

I've edited the file mentioned (division01.oob), using notepad, but unfortunately I couldn't make it work...

Thanks,

André Luis Salemi de Andrade

Post #: 50
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 4:37:10 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: salemi

Hi Jason,

I've edited the file mentioned (division01.oob), using notepad, but unfortunately I couldn't make it work...

Thanks,

André Luis Salemi de Andrade

André

No, that won't make your file work. The edits above will work only for NEW campaigns.

I am still trying to figure out how to make your campaign work, but I am afraid I will have to replace the entire organization of that division to do so. Hang in there, I will hopefully have it remedied in the next day or so.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Salemi88)
Post #: 51
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/2/2009 5:59:55 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

By the way, I enjoyed my trip to East Canada.

Chuck

Gorgeous country out there, I do miss it. Which parts were you in?

Thanks for the kudos! 'Tis appreciated.

Jason Petho

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 52
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/3/2009 9:10:23 PM   
Warhorse

Hey guys,

Just read this, did you guys try to restart EF, then resume the campaign? The K'talan campaign I'm in now appears to crash after EVERY scenario, just after the congrats by the General, however, if I just restart the game, and resume campaign, all is good! It appears to be something about the medals being awarded, near as I can tell...Worth a try!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 53
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/3/2009 9:51:43 PM   
Salemi88

Hi Mike,

In my case, even after restarting the game, as soon as Von Rundsted ends up his congratulations the game crashes... Jason has figured out and is trying to recover my campaign, but if I'm not mistaken, the problem was related to an old Talonsoft organization conflicting with a new MCS org.

Thanks for your help,

André Luis S de Andrade

< Message edited by salemi -- 1/3/2009 9:52:09 PM >

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 54
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/3/2009 11:48:23 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: salemi

Hi Mike,

In my case, even after restarting the game, as soon as Von Rundsted ends up his congratulations the game crashes... Jason has figured out and is trying to recover my campaign, but if I'm not mistaken, the problem was related to an old Talonsoft organization conflicting with a new MCS org.

Thanks for your help,

André Luis S de Andrade

I will try removing that organization altogether from the various files. Hopefully this will remedy the files for you. You don't need that division anyway, since you are playing with a different division.

In theory anyway!

Stay tuned and be patient.

Thanks much!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Salemi88)
Post #: 55
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 3/14/2009 5:29:00 AM   
1925frank

In Rising Sun, I'm playing "The Fall of Buitzenzort," and when I'm in 3D Zoom-Out and 3D Extreme Zoom-Out, when I hit the visibility button and the maximum movement (range) button, I get solid light blue or blue hexes in the nonvisible and nonreachable hexes.  I don't have this in other Rising Sun scenarios, at least not to my recollection.  I encountered this previously only in Divided Ground.

Post #: 56
Reinforcements at 1 SP???? - 3/15/2009 12:08:11 AM   
Warhorse

Hi all,

I did a search, but didn't really find what I was looking for unfortunately. I'm doing a DCG, and when my German reinforcements come in, all the PzGrenadier plts are at 1 SP. I know I had this happen before with a mod I did, and resolved it, but it was a few years ago, and I can't find any record of how I fixed it?! It is June 1944, the trucks are all 3 SP and the PzGrn at 1 SP, I went in and edited them to the right SP in notepad, but any idea as to what is happening? I think it's something to do with recently upgrading from the previous PzGrens, but these aren't core force units, and before when I had this problem, I thought I had to change something in the plt file????

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 57
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 4/9/2009 3:41:43 PM   
Rifleman

Hi, sorry but i need a little help with my campaign games, perhaps someone can help me with this...
I don't know why but after i installed patch 1.04 over the «primary» version of the game, i bought the CD, i've never been able, afterwards, of saving the campaign games correctly; before i began a campaign game in the «primary» version the game would «show» the directory where i would want to «place» the campaign game, allowing me to give it a name for each of the different campaigns i was playing but, right now, it simply overwrites any campaign i have saved previously, it doesn't even «show» the directory, or «root» if you want to call it that way, where i want to save the game and doesn't allow me to give a specific name for each campaign, e.g. campaign1 or campaign2, if e.g. i've been playing the LCG Kokoda Trail and i decide to begin the LCG Spearhead, in Rising Sun, it simply overwrites the Kokoda Trail Campaign replacing it by the Spearhead Campaign, and i've checked it and this happens in all of the three games...
I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again, thinking it was perhaps an installation error, and before the patch update i was allowed again to save the games as normal but after i installed the 1.04 patch the problem surfaced again...
I simply don't understand what is happening, i fortunately have my old talonsoft discs and i'm one of the lucky ones in which the games run on Windows XP but my old discs are already a bit worn out, and i guess they won't last much longer, that was one of the reasons why i bought these games, and now this, specially because what i play more in the Campaign Series Games are the Linked Campaign Games and, sometimes, the Dinamic Campaign Games...
All help would be appreciated, thank you!

A Good Easter to all fellow Campaign Gamers.

< Message edited by Rifleman -- 4/11/2009 11:55:38 AM >

Post #: 58
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 4/10/2009 2:43:46 PM   
simovitch

Rifleman, unfortunately overwriting of a linked campaign game is a quirk of the latest patch. There is a simple workaround

After you started your Linked campaign, exit the game and find the file called "campaign.ccl" and rename it to something else .ccl. It has to retain the .ccl at the end.

The file "campaign.ccl" can be found in the West Front, East Front, or Rising Sun root folders.

From then on, you will see your custom filename and you are safe from it being overwritten by a new "campaign.ccl"

simovitch

(in reply to Rifleman)
Post #: 59
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 4/10/2009 7:28:36 PM   
Rifleman

Thank you very much for your help Simovitch, i'll do as you say, let's hope that this small quirk is solved in the next patch but as long as my campaigns don't move to «another dimension» i'll take it as an excellent solution!
Thanks a lot for your help, it's always a pleasure to go to this Forum but it was the first time i had to ask for help for something concerning the game, fortunately there is a workaround for this problem and that is the most important.
All the best, and a very good Easter to you and your loved ones.

< Message edited by Rifleman -- 4/13/2009 4:03:28 PM >

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI