Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Very Tempted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> RE: Very Tempted Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Very Tempted - 6/21/2007 3:56:14 PM   
JudgeDredd

Nice looking graphics for it's age, too!

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 31
RE: Very Tempted - 6/21/2007 5:05:37 PM   
targul

Game still has major work to be done.  AI seems is poorest I have seen in along time.  No action in the med at all.  No attempts to retake France.  No help in Greece from Allies.  Nothing happens in Libya/Egypt.

Graphics are adequate nothing to write home about.  No weather except in Russia.  No political results from invasions.  No diplomacy at all. 

PBEM which is the way to play this while they put in an AI would be great but it is undeveloped compared to other games.

I like the game but it is only really playable as PBEM or Internet at this time.  AI is barely adequate for you to train with for human opponents.

Hope they start putting out some patches quickly and make this playable since it has a nice size map and hexes.  Looks like real potential is undeveloped and regrettfully the players are not given an oppertunity to fix it since no mods.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 32
RE: Very Tempted - 6/21/2007 5:28:51 PM   
JudgeDredd

I can concur with your points I think, now that I am in late 43 of my 1st game. I expect (and have heard) that the allies will invade in '44...but I currently fail to understand why they wait....

I mean, I have 3 fighter units, some garrison units and half a dozen regular units (a couple of which are low quality). North Africa is completely open, with no more than 4 units covering the entire North African front. Italy too...with a half dozen units (including garrisons). I have one foot unit marching across from Egypt through Isreal (or what it was then), declaring war on Iraq so I can grab it's 5 point oil point...marching towards Rostock (I think - southern Russia) declaring war on Afghanistan just so I can march through and grab the undefended production points in southern Russia.

There is no attempted AI invasion of Europe or North Africa and I've left them very, very open.

I'm not a big fan of PBEM, but the missing replay feature just makes PBEM pretty unplayable, beaing as when you get your turn back, you would be wandering aimlessly across the continent looking for what damage was done and wondering what did the damage....

I love this game, I really do. It's brought back great memories of a fantastic game.

The AI is fairly competent on the theatre level...but strategically it's a bit poor it seems. So if it's being attacked, it's pretty competent...otherwise, a bit lame.

But...that said, as I've said in another post, I don't really need the AI to do anything at the moment, 'cos I'm tied up trying to fight the Russians. The AI is still going to beat me...of that I'm sure. D-Day will come (apparently) and when it does I have nothing to fight with. I was desparately trying to secure Russia before June 44 and I will not...so I'm thinking the only thing I can do is rest some units and hold the Russians (but they will only grow!) and move these units to protect my borders and try and slow both enemies to hold Berlin and Rome.....

So the AI isn't THAT bad....it just looks bad, sitting there doing nothing. I am surprised there is no North African campaign going on.....

I expect, though, when I get proficient at the game mechanics, that there will not be much of a challenge here.....but it's ealry days.

Wait and see what the patch offers when it comes.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> RE: Very Tempted Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI