Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble starting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Trouble starting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble starting - 6/15/2007 9:07:01 PM   
MasterServer

I posted this question and had to leave, now I don't remember where is was and I can't find it. Sorry if this is a duplication and I missed your responses.

Have downloaded SPWAW several times after giving up and reloading all versions one at a time from 8.2 to 8.403. My last attempt to load 8.403 said I needed to insert disc #1. Where does this come from?

I have Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell E520 PC.

I get the Desktop link to start the game, but I have no idea what I am supposed to do next. Where is the guide book or manual or on screen help?

The next time I tried to run it, it went to a black screen, then came up in black and white negative. Sound was fine, good music. I could click on various menu items, but have no idea how to play the game, or make selections, or maneuver.

This looks like a fine game, why am I having so much trouble after three days of trying?

Help please.
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble starting - 6/15/2007 10:57:54 PM   
vahauser

It could be a problem with Windows Vista.

I'm guessing that you downloaded the game directly from the Matrix site and that you have no discs.  So, I'm not sure why the game wants you to insert a disc.

I've never had the problems you are describing. 

My suggestion is to uninstall everything you have, delete your Matrix Games folder, and start over.

Then:
Install 8.20
Install the 8.30 patch
Install the 8.40 patch
Do NOT install the 8.403 update.
Instead, download and install the Enhanced DVRN Mod (which is the final evolution of the 8.403 update, the 8.403 update is included in Enhanced DVRN).

EDIT: Alby and FlashFyre can walk you through step by step how to install Enhanced DVRN using ModSwap if you have questions.

< Message edited by vahauser -- 6/15/2007 10:59:31 PM >

(in reply to MasterServer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Trouble starting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI