Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 6:02:15 PM   
puresimmer

OK, after doing some thinking and trading emails with Matrix, I think the best approach will be to do a traditional new version with as many brand new features as possible as opposed to doing a subscription. The subscription probably would have been a little too difficult to manage and it might have made it tougher to really re-build large sections of the game.

The great news is the good folks at Matrix are excited about publishing PureSim Baseball 2008 (Maybe I should call it PureSim 2009?), so I don't have to worry about finding a new home for the game or self-publishing. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate the way Matrix has treated me all along, especially when I pulled back on this year's version of the game in the 11th hour. Thanks Matrix!

So, my focus for the next few weeks will be around charting the high level feature roadmap for the next major version of the game.

Here are some ideas I am batting around. I'm interested in your feedback on these areas. While I likely would not able to do all of them, it is a pretty solid list to work from.

* More in-game graphics and animation (animated icons for fielders, runners etc..)
* Dynamic text Play by play engine (With ability for users to write their own?)
* Expanded drafting and trade functions and AI improvements
* Hiring/Firing of managers, with different managers having different personalities, strengths, weaknesses etc.
* Retired players could come back as managers
* Some simplified version of Rule 5 type draft? (Every time I look at this one it seems like it's more complicated than it's worth, but it's always hanging around on "the list")
* Optional ability for the association to automatically expand based on how it did in real life when playing with real players
* In-game Box score on PSPNCast
* UI improvements like remembering sort order on grids etc. The little things that add up
* Brand new graphical roster view page with greatly expanded stats / new UI
* Add a tab to the player card that 3rd party developers could employ to write "player card add-ins"
* September call ups (40 man roster in September)
* Ability to try and train a guy to play a new position in the minors
* A screen to set all player usage settings at once as opposed to having to go to each of their player cards to do so
* Improve the GM AI -- it needs to be a tougher opponent.
* Ability to archive box scores
* Store window positions on PSPNCast on a park by park case so the layout could vary a bit based on the individual park pics.
* Make suggestion button for ammy draft
* Import players from other associations into the current one
* Improved filtering when looking for players (Especially when looking for someone to trade for)
* Rain outs, delays and rain-shortened games
* View Game log in PSPNCast
* Playoff tie breakers (sudden death playoff)
* Allow users to modify / manually select hall of fame selections
* Wild card standings
* Balks
* More new PSPN stories
* Ejections
* More custom filter options on player lists
* Define what your team is looking for and have AI teams respond appropriately with offers
* One-off Exhibition games
* Option to look at / sign free agents available from the Team screen menu
* New pitcher fatigue / recovery modeling
* One page that shows the trade disposition and available $ of every team in all leagues (add to financial report?).
* Add a salary report (team and association) during that would be accessible during Free Agent bidding and Amateur draft.
* Show blown save in pitching summary, same as W/L/S/H are shown now.
* Multi-day trade negotiations

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 6:31:40 PM   
Beach23BoyP

I like the sound of most all of it. Especially the ability for users to customize the "play by play" text. I'm not sold on more "in-game graphics", but (as you know) the animated ball flight disturbed me.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 6:53:55 PM   
LetsPlay2

That all looks good !

The animations though seem to be OK now. I like the ball flight now

< Message edited by LetsPlay2 -- 6/24/2007 6:57:51 PM >

LP2

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 6:56:31 PM   
KG Erwin

I'm with BeachBoy on this one -- the present animations are fine. As for the rest of it, the ideas for the trade disposition page & having the AI make counteroffers for trades, the expansion of PSPN stories and in-game play descriptions, the addition of balks, ejections & tie-breaker playoffs all sound promising.

As for rain-outs and rain delays, I'm uncertain how this would affect the importation of historical schedules.

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 4
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 7:07:33 PM   
33sherman

These all sound great. As great as graphical improvements would be, I think my wishlist priorities have GM AI improvement and more stat-tracking in the almanac first and foremost. I love to see single-game records, for instance.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 7:31:16 PM   
ezpkns34

love the idea of hiring and firing managers!

will the financial model stay the same? or will there be a little bit more adding to it to give it a little depth?
another option i would find intriguing would be 3 team trading, but i cant imagine how hard that would be to program, so im not holding out any hopes for that...

overall sounds pretty good though

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 6
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 7:49:55 PM   
SirWolf1960

I love the new ideas. And as always, if you need a beta tester, I'm holding my hand up. :)

This could be a fun summer.

Steve

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 7
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 8:03:19 PM   
PadresFan104

Looks awesome Shaun, my Top 10 (in no particular order) would be:

- Dynamic PbP Engine so we can have some of the unusual occurrences...
- Retired players come back as managers, as this adds life to the fictional universe
- UI Improvements
- New roster view
- September call-ups
- Improve GM AI
- In-game box scores
- Store window positions on a park by park basis
- New fatigue modeling
- One-off exhibition games

Really excited about the prospect of a new version next year!!!

PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 8
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 9:59:58 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

When I read "Ability to try and train a guy to play a new position in the minors" I almost cried. This was one of the reasons I was holding onto an association in Puresim 2005 for so long. I often had a great, talented infielder (say, a SS) who couldn't be promoted to the majors because I had an even BETTER SS in the majors already. However, the prospect was just too good to "waste", wallowing in the minors. In PSB 2005, I would put him in to play a different, relatively similar position (3B, 2B, etc.), until he became proficient in it, then I could move him up and replace the 'merely adequate' major league player in that slot. This was a wonderful ability that was lost with 2007's multi-affiliate implementation. The possibility of this returning is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

"Rain outs, delays and rain-shortened games" - YEAH! Make managing the Marlins feel like managing the REAL Marlins!!!

Another couple of options would be to implement "CASH" as a commodoty when trading players. I've seen many occasions where MLB teams will trade a player & cash to another team.

I don't know, programming-wise, how difficult this would be to implement, but maybe a PSPN "On Demand"? Perhaps where we request what the PSPN reports? For example, "Years of Service" isn't as important to me (aside from the fact that I've never been able to determine how it calculates those values) but "Who's Hitting Hot?" is. I would like the option of selecting what PSPN reports, as well as 'calling' for a PSPN report whenever I want- compared to it reporting on a pre-set time frame.

Something else I would love to suggest- if it would be possible to show ALL the positions a player is proficient in when viewing the lineup screen. I often have newly promoted, newly signed or newly traded-for players who I am not as familiar with as my core team. When I have to replace a Tired 1B and I look at the lineup, I see that Joe Schmo's primary proficiency is in LF, but I could have sworn he played 1B too. I have to click on him and open up his screen to see if he playes more than 1 position. If you could list them both (if applicable) in the lineup screen, that would eliminate the 'hunting process' necessary.

One last thing I'd like to add is the ability to change the name of an association after it's created and/or the ability to name ANY association, not just fictional ones. I say this because I would like my '06 or '97 Marlins replay association to have a name other than the mandatory 'Replay_2006 Association" that I'm stuck with.

THANKS SHAUN!!!!

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 6/24/2007 10:08:47 PM >

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 9
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 10:03:07 PM   
motnahp

Looks like this is the time to chime in with my preferences and feelings for your future updates. As with all changes, please continue to make things optional, whenever possible.

In order of preference, including a couple of "write-in" candidates:

1) September call-ups

2) Eliminate the Aug 1st trading deadline. I have many transactions listed after Aug 1st that are listed as trades. As is, I must release and sign players to make it happen.

3) Play-off tiebreaker games (Bucky F----ing Dent)

4) When using real MLB players, PS season AB/IP compared to real-life season AB/IP, giving a more accurate replay. Players' ratings and/or injuries based on a maximum allowable AB/IP in a season. See: J. R. Richard, 1980.

5) Archive box scores. While you're in there, make past game logs available, as well. If possible, it would be nice to view the individual players' game logs from seasons past, too.

6) Import players from other associations

7) HOF selection input, but don't take the mystery out of it entirely, please. Allow "managers" to vote, but you (Shaun) decide how much the vote is actually worth.

8) Return the link from a player's almanac page to their "regular" page in the assn. This link was removed during one of the updates in 2006.

I'm all for the MP improvements, as long as those improvements don't take away the ability to run in the MP mode without actually going on-line. This set-up is essential for almost every association I run or will run in the future.

I may also be available for testing.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/24/2007 11:12:34 PM   
dneely

Shaun:

I like a number of the things mentioned by others, in particular the updated and increased use of PBP in the game. A couple of others for me.

1. Era specific XML files!!! I have harped about this one for years. I want to replay the dead-ball era, for instance, and be able to get believable stats without major efforts. No other game in this genre offers this capability!
2. Try to load in as many of the player photos and ball park images as possible and/or make it extremely easy to add those.
3. Make it for easy for those in this community to create an "All in One Universe" so we don't have to DL various mods to improve and make the game more interesting.
4. Lastly and most importantly DO NOT LOSE THE FUN ASPECT OF PURESIM!!!!! Please! As you know some games now are so hard to play, have so much "depth", that they are just not fun.
5. Get all the features for online leagues going! A big part of this is not currently working!

Great to have threads like this one again about PS

< Message edited by dneely -- 6/24/2007 11:14:00 PM >

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 11
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 12:04:36 AM   
modred

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely
4. Lastly and most importantly DO NOT LOSE THE FUN ASPECT OF PURESIM!!!!! Please! As you know some games now are so hard to play, have so much "depth", that they are just not fun.

I'll second this one.

I'll add one feature request also - don't shuffle a human owned team's lineup and roster assignments in the offseason. This seems to be happen during the amateur draft, everything is where I left it before the draft but everything is every which way after the draft.

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 12
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 12:05:48 AM   
DonBraswell

Here is my list,

2008/9 Improvements PureSim

1.More in-game graphics and animation (animated icons for fielders, runners etc..)
------ I have no opinion on this one.
2.Dynamic text Play by play engine (With ability for users to write their own?)
------- I can not wait for this one.
3. Expanded drafting and trade functions and AI improvements
---- Sounds good to me. Using real players is tuff for the GM AI. I would like to be able
to stop generating scrubs. After the first two seasons with early entry you
don’t need scrubs any more. And for some reason the GM AI loves scrubs.
4.Hiring/Firing of managers, with different managers having different personalities, strengths, weaknesses etc.
------- I have been hoping this one would come back into play.
5. Retired players could come back as managers
------- This would make the game even more fun.
6.Some simplified version of Rule 5 type draft? (Every time I look at this one it seems like it's more complicated than it's worth, but it's always hanging around on "the list")
------ I don’t care one way or the other.
7.Optional ability for the association to automatically expand based on how it did in real life when playing with real players
----- Optional is the key word
8.In-game Box score on PSPNCast
9.UI improvements like remembering sort order on grids etc. The little things that add up
------ Would be nice.
10.Brand new graphical roster view page with greatly expanded stats / new UI
11.Add a tab to the player card that 3rd party developers could employ to write "player card add-ins"
12.September call ups (40 man roster in September)
------ This might be fun.
13.Ability to try and train a guy to play a new position in the minors
14.A screen to set all player usage settings at once as opposed to having to go to each of their player cards to do so
15.Improve the GM AI -- it needs to be a tougher opponent.
------ I hope this one makes it to the top of the list.
16.Ability to archive box scores
17.Store window positions on PSPNCast on a park by park case so the layout could
vary a bit based on the individual park pics
18.Make suggestion button for ammy draft
19.Import players from other associations into the current one
--------I like it. I like it.
20.Improved filtering when looking for players (Especially when looking for someone to trade for)
21.Rain outs, delays and rain-shortened games
22.View Game log in PSPNCast
23.Playoff tie breakers (sudden death playoff)
------Thank you Shaun. Thank you.
24.Allow users to modify / manually select hall of fame selections
25.Wild card standings
26.Balks
27.More new PSPN stories
28.Ejections
29.More custom filter options on player lists
30.Define what your team is looking for and have AI teams respond appropriately with offers
-------This would be a great one to do.
31.One-off Exhibition games
32.Option to look at / sign free agents available from the Team screen menu
-----#32, I’m ready for this.
33.New pitcher fatigue / recovery modeling
----- Yes, Yes. In my associations (30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s) pitchers never get enough complete games.
34.One page that shows the trade disposition and available $ of every team in all leagues (add to financial report?).
35.Add a salary report (team and association) during that would be accessible during Free Agent bidding and Amateur draft.
36.Show blown save in pitching summary, same as W/L/S/H are shown now.
37.Multi-day trade negotiations

Don Braswell

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 13
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 12:10:35 AM   
hano13

I'll throw in my hat in to say that I would like to see improved in-game animations and think it is an important (and exciting) proposed addition.  I'd like to see player faces in the field, where the ball gets thrown after it lands, etc.  I grew up on Micro-league baseball and I think the simple animation in the game added a lot to the overall experience.  If the animation could be configurable then everyone could be happy :)  One suggestion I have is to allow the animation to throttle to a quicker speed.  I find that even on the highest speed, the ball animation is currently a little too slow for my liking.  Adding more animation without an increase in animation speed would likely slow it down too much.

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 14
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 3:08:18 AM   
The Monkey

I would also like to chime in & support the in game animations. I think this added feature would bring a lot of new fans to the game as well. I have known many baseball fans who dislike complicated button sequences, or 15-12 scores, despite flashy graphics...but not all of these same people can immerse themselves into "text sims" the way I can, and other fans of the game. And even though the goal isnt to attract the ADD teenager crowd...I think anything which broadens the customer base, allows for a brighter future.

It's the crack of the bat...the ball soaring into the air... the RF heading to the wall...and NO!!! he robs him & makes the catch!!! Seeing that played out...ala EWB-style, or Microleague...knowing you've got years & years of realistic simulation ahead of you is what makes that even better. Some basic team color selections, maybe a jersey style, and it should be enough. Throw in dynamic field positioning (similar to the ball flight set points), and it's golden. My 2 cents anyway.

Again...doesnt have to be flashy, or even very realistic looking. Not sure if you've seen it out there Shaun...but Eddie Dombrower made his game shareware and called it IGIBall. I tried it again after all these years (and granted, a few improvements from the old IBMPC -version), but I was amazed how much more I still enjoyed it over the average console baseball games out today. Not sure if I'm allowed, but here is the link to it http://www.bangbangplay.com/. Mods delete if it isnt appropriate, but IT IS shareware(or abandonware) afterall.

Glad you're back...and here's to PS 2008, or 2009...or whatever.

(in reply to hano13)
Post #: 15
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 3:35:54 AM   
KG Erwin

Yikes. I suppose my preference for concentrating on the the meat & potatoes of the game, rather that flashy graphics, makes me a bit of a dinosaur. The ball-flight animations alone have worked for me, as I can see the trajectory of the ball into the outfield gaps and get that momentary anticipation: is it a fly-out? Will it fall in for a hit?

Line-drives to the outfield are even more dramatic: will my defender have the range to snare it, or will an extra-base hit result?

That being said, any attempts to snare teen fans with flashy graphics is the wrong way to go. PS is a text-sim strategy game. None of its hardcore fans would accept sacrificing depth of play for the sake of adding bling. No way.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 16
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 4:22:34 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

RE: Graphics-- I'm with KG on this one. PureSim isn't an arcade baseball game and it isn't trying to be... so why make the effort to get it there? If you add graphics to a non-graphic type of game, you're going to change its category and put it into a different (no pun intended) league. For example, as a text/statisc-based game, PureSim is hands-down on the TOP of its category. Period.

If you add graphics, PureSim will "evolve" (or degrade, depending how you look at it) from the BEST text/statistic-type game to the worst animated game. PureSim cannot compete in that field without the kind of drastic overhaul that would change the basis and foundation of the game, significantly impacting the end result and making it into a different kind of game.

If anything, I would personally like to bring back the "line" graphics for hits instead of the animated ball; that, or let us choose which of the two we would like to see. Graphics beyond that would risk changing too much of a good thing; it reminds me of the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I haven't seen more than a couple of posts where anyone has complained that the game "doesn't have enough animation". If you add animation to PS, you change the type of game it is and thus push it into a different genre, one where it would be severely lacking behind other giants (the EA MVP/NCAA, the ESPN series, etc). Keep it in its game-type category and it will continue to reign above the others.

Frozen Stiffer
President, SPAA (Society of Puresimmians Against Animation)

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 17
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 4:35:14 AM   
Nukester

Man, that sounds awesome. One thing I would love to see is the ability to turn on/off free agency, for us historical guys that would like to simulate some sort of reserve clause type thing in the early years, then switch to free agency later on in history

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 18
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 4:48:15 AM   
PadresFan104

I love the "idea" of more animation, but wouldn't want it to come at the expense of the other features people like.  I think just tuning up the current ball flight animations might be enough to "freshen up" the franchise. Have some ball flights be a few pixels to the left or the right of the current paths for variability, and maybe allow users to add some stadium specific graphics or sound files, that are triggered by certain events.

In the end though, just having Shaun "engaged" with the community again will probably pull me back into PureSim and away from Mogul, no matter what new features are added.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 19
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 4:54:51 AM   
kenparker23

I am a paying customer and I think your sim is the best out there.  I will second the notion of the microleague style graphics.  This will bring in a lot of new fans.  I am also an older fan, but watching/managing your games with the suspense is something I want to see in "text" sims.  A text sim like puresim with fps baseball graphics, nice clean stadiums....... would be heaven (without the corn field)!

Post #: 20
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 5:02:27 AM   
KG Erwin

OK, Frozen Stiffer, I appreciate your opinion, but I wouldn't go that far, as I explained earlier. A bit of graphics enhancement, i.e., what we now have, is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I mentioned the fly ball thing, but in my old-time historical parks, there's the added drama of a deep fly ball: "It's going, way way back, near the wall -- Furillo grabs it! In other ballparks, that might have been a home run." To watch that ball arc way out there, and you're literally breathless, only to have it snatched up by that excellent defender, is a moment that results in a sigh of relief.

This is balanced by the heartbreak of seeing a line drive sail past your third baseman and into the left-field corner, resulting in a double or triple. You don't have to read the play result. You know it means trouble.

Post #: 21
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 7:09:00 AM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: If you add graphics, PureSim will "evolve" (or degrade, depending how you look at it) from the BEST text/statistic-type game to the worst animated game.

If anything, I would personally like to bring back the "line" graphics for hits instead of the animated ball; that, or let us choose which of the two we would like to see.

I'm with you.

Post #: 22
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 8:47:19 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

OK, Frozen Stiffer, I appreciate your opinion, but I wouldn't go that far, as I explained earlier. A bit of graphics enhancement, i.e., what we now have, is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I mentioned the fly ball thing, but in my old-time historical parks, there's the added drama of a deep fly ball: "It's going, way way back, near the wall -- Furillo grabs it! In other ballparks, that might have been a home run." To watch that ball arc way out there, and you're literally breathless, only to have it snatched up by that excellent defender, is a moment that results in a sigh of relief.

This is balanced by the heartbreak of seeing a line drive sail past your third baseman and into the left-field corner, resulting in a double or triple. You don't have to read the play result. You know it means trouble.

I agree with you on this one. I love watching that ball flight and guessing if the outfielder is going to get it or not.. or the slow grounder from a bunt.. will your infielder get to it in time? All of that suspense is great. After managing tons of games you kinda get an idea on what the result may be and also with pitch counts if the count is 1-2 your pitcher is going to most likely strike the guy out.. but then again sometimes that guy gets a hit.. it's so much fun managing a game :P

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 23
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 3:10:37 PM   
gipat

Improvements look awesome! I also would be very cautious about expanded graphics. PureSim is just that--I would hope it does not become a graphics dominated game.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 24
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 4:41:01 PM   
wileecoyote100

Shaun,

I am so glad to hear you are coming back. Just remember to keep family first. I am excited about all the options you are looking to add to the game. The play by play, balks, ejections, rain delays, and rain outs are the ones I am looking forward to seeing. I would like to ask you and all the other players about HBP. Is this currently an option in the games. I have never saw one if it does occur. I think this would be a great option if it is not in the game. It could add to the game because with the HBP you could have pitchers ejected for beaning players and also have the option to add in brawls where players that leave the bench could be hurt during the melee. Just a suggestion. Also, like some of the others that have replied, I also would like to be considered for beta testing if you need it. Thank you for a great game!!!!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 25
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 5:36:52 PM   
motnahp

I'm also in the KG camp here. Some minor improvements in graphics would be OK, but if graphics are what I'm seeking, I'm going with a PS or Nintendo, where I can go head-to-head against my teenage son and the 8-foot players with 100 ratings he has created. Please, let's not go there. He doesn't care about historical stats or realism. I do (and very much), so let's keep things in the current genre, please.

* Perhaps a compromise before I (we) start a war on the board. Maybe Shaun could go with an optional box titled "Enhanced Graphics Mode", containing the improvements. I'm thinking along the lines of the "Enable Speech Engine" box. We would then have the freedom to choose.

** Another suggestion would be to have a 2008 release and 2008 "G" release. The "G" release would be more expensive, due to the time and effort involved.

Also, someone mentioned logos and faces. I'm no lawyer, and don't even play one on TV, but there may be some licensing issues here. As long as these things are added by the user and not included as part of the program, Shaun may be "safe" from paying MLB licensing fees (if any). Shaun, please correct me and/or elaborate on this.

< Message edited by motnahp -- 6/25/2007 6:31:16 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 26
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 8:39:27 PM   
kentcol

Love rain outs, rain delays and rain shortened games! I'm just that way! Also, love the idea of more and varied PBP. The more the better.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 27
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 8:39:49 PM   
hano13

I just want to clarify that I'm not looking for this to compete with MLB2007 for XBox 360 or anything.  I don't really even care if the players look realistic.  I'd just like to see the entire play play out on screen from the ball being pitched until the play is over.  I'd like to watch my fielder grab one right as it is about to go over the fence rather than have to imagine it.  MicroLeague baseball's animation was simple, yet still added a great deal of excitement to the game play.  That is all I'm looking for.  I don't need to see the Left Fielder's tatoo or see the worms in the grass or anything fancy like that.  And I wouldn't want the addition INSTEAD of other core enhancements.  I was just excited to see it listed AMONG the proposed enhancements.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 28
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 8:50:33 PM   
PadresFan104

Thought about this in the shower this morning ....

For historical simmers, have each teams actual ballpark data move with them from season to season.  (Not photos and such, just the dimensions, altitude, etc. - the stuff that affects stats).  This is such a pain in the current version, and would be a big help.  We have the data, it just needs to be in some sort of internal DB....

(in reply to hano13)
Post #: 29
RE: Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" - 6/25/2007 8:57:56 PM   
jtfesta

Weak graphics (MicroLeague quality) would detract from the game expereince for me.  It is all about suspension of disbelief and PureSim accomplishes that wonderfully.  I am not saying that graphics can't be improved (maybe photos of players on the field) but tread carefully.  If it ain't broke........

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tentative plan for "PureSim 2008/9" Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI