Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question: DCG Upgrade problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Question: DCG Upgrade problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/25/2007 5:59:37 AM   
Jason Petho

Well, I have been tinkering around with East Front for the last couple of weeks and have finally managed to figure out how to fix the Campaign Upgrade problem. I think. I played through the first few scenarios of an Infantry Battalion, Army Group Center and ran into the first upgrade on cue, happily seeing the new AT battalion with an assortment of full strength 50mm and 37mm AT guns.

Unfortunately, it has involved creating the Company, Battalion, Regiment, Division and Campaign OOBs from scratch. At present, I have "completed" a draft of an Infantry Corps with three "historic" Infantry Divisions to use through the war (39-45) in the East.

Question: Would you like this released into the soon coming patch/update? The only downfall is that existing campaigns will be FUBAR and that there is no possiblity to use a Panzer formation - for now, that will change the more time I have to work on it.

Take care and good luck.

Jason Petho

Post #: 1
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/25/2007 7:48:45 AM   
paulsalayko

I dont know if i'm reading you sir. The DCG upgrade will affect infantry battalions, but will not affect panzer battalions? For instance the Barbarborosa campaigns upgrades will work as originaly designed, but not if you choose a tank battalion, regiment, corps,army? I'm here for the armor, so if you need more time to figure it out take the time you need. No need to rush out a patch for an upgrade problem thats literly 10 years old if its not 100% And to be critical (HeHe) its not only AT guns but assult guns as well ie- stugs, and pzjg 1,2,3, I know you hate DCG games, But i appreciate you working this hard to fix this problem.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 2
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/25/2007 8:26:28 AM   
rockmedic109

I always had the bug while having a Panzer battalion.  It did not affect any of my own battalion, but did affect the troops of those fighting with me.

(in reply to paulsalayko)
Post #: 3
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/25/2007 6:47:29 PM   
golfbill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Well, I have been tinkering around with East Front for the last couple of weeks and have finally managed to figure out how to fix the Campaign Upgrade problem. I think. I played through the first few scenarios of an Infantry Battalion, Army Group Center and ran into the first upgrade on cue, happily seeing the new AT battalion with an assortment of full strength 50mm and 37mm AT guns.

Unfortunately, it has involved creating the Company, Battalion, Regiment, Division and Campaign OOBs from scratch. At present, I have "completed" a draft of an Infantry Corps with three "historic" Infantry Divisions to use through the war (39-45) in the East.

Question: Would you like this released into the soon coming patch/update? The only downfall is that existing campaigns will be FUBAR and that there is no possiblity to use a Panzer formation - for now, that will change the more time I have to work on it.

Jason:

My I assume that the upgrades are all company and higher? In other words, no individual platoon upgrades.

Would really like to get it all working if possible.

Bill

Post #: 4
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/25/2007 6:53:01 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: golfbill

quote:

Jason:

My I assume that the upgrades are all company and higher? In other words, no individual platoon upgrades.

Would really like to get it all working if possible.

Bill

You are correct, it is only company and higher upgrades.

Platoon upgrades will have to come in the form of company upgrades.

Jason Petho

(in reply to golfbill)
Post #: 5
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/26/2007 11:50:41 PM   
warhead2

I don't think it's a bug. i think it's a design intent. in later years I'll get attached AT companys to my panzer divsion in which the HQ platoon of the older marders will be a full four while the 2 platoons of jadgpanzer IVs will be one each. i.e. as the new equipment becomes available you don't get the full str platoons until they've been in the field for a while

on the other hand I'll often get attached infrantry coys w/ only a 4 MG platoon and no basic infantry,but their soft transport is there
4 sets of sdkfz6
1 mg platoon
that's a bug
happens with AT guns often too
the soft transport is there,but no guns
not even 1 str guns

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

Post #: 6
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/27/2007 12:20:28 AM   
golfbill

quote:

ORIGINAL: warhead2

I don't think it's a bug. i think it's a design intent. in later years I'll get attached AT companys to my panzer divsion in which the HQ platoon of the older marders will be a full four while the 2 platoons of jadgpanzer IVs will be one each. i.e. as the new equipment becomes available you don't get the full str platoons until they've been in the field for a while

on the other hand I'll often get attached infrantry coys w/ only a 4 MG platoon and no basic infantry,but their soft transport is there
4 sets of sdkfz6
1 mg platoon
that's a bug
happens with AT guns often too
the soft transport is there,but no guns
not even 1 str guns

Warhead:

The upgrades that are for platoons only will not upgrade as they should while the company and higher upgrades are ok. The platoon upgrades are occuring at a 0 strength factor. Your results are caused by a combination of platoon and company or higher upgrades occuring at the same time.

On all dynamic ccmpaigns the upgrades for platoon units work as follows:

1. If the new unit (platoon) has no strength and comes out on the board at the start of
the scenario the unit will not appear.

2. If the new unit comes out as a reinforcement it will have a strength of one.

This upgrade problem is a carry over from the TS version.

Good luck,

Bill

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 7
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/28/2007 5:25:11 PM   
Jason Petho

I have now a Panzer Division and Motorized Infantry Division ready now for Poland '39.

I'll continue working so there is at least a Panzer Division and Motorized Infantry Division for '41-'45 for the coming update.

Jason Petho

(in reply to golfbill)
Post #: 8
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/28/2007 9:40:28 PM   
golfbill

quote:

I have now a Panzer Division and Motorized Infantry Division ready now for Poland '39.

I'll continue working so there is at least a Panzer Division and Motorized Infantry Division for '41-'45 for the coming update.

Jason Petho

Jason:

I really admire your work in this fix. Putting all of the upgrades in companies or higher units is an extreme amount of work.

Is there not a way to fix the program so the upgrades would work for platoon upgrades?
Appears to me there has got to be an easier fix. Just thinking out loud.

Take care

Bill

Post #: 9
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/28/2007 10:00:18 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

I really admire your work in this fix. Putting all of the upgrades in companies or higher units is an extreme amount of work.

Yes, yes it is.. I am a sucker for punishment!

quote:

Is there not a way to fix the program so the upgrades would work for platoon upgrades?
Appears to me there has got to be an easier fix. Just thinking out loud.

I figured if there was, it would have been looked after 10 years ago when the problem first surfaced. It wasn't, so I am left to assume a major overhaul was required.

Good times, good times.

Jason Petho

(in reply to golfbill)
Post #: 10
RE: Question: DCG Upgrade problem - 6/30/2007 7:15:51 PM   
Norry

Hi Jason, Thanks a bunch for all your hard work to make CS a reality again. I think there is a lot of us DCG players out there, and we're all hoping that 1943 glitch can be found and included in the next patch.

It's great to see CS back in action, Kudos to you and the team at Matrix!

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Question: DCG Upgrade problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI