Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied opponent wanted for Big B Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied opponent wanted for Big B Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied opponent wanted for Big B Mod - 6/27/2007 6:50:14 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

Hi,

I'd like to play a PBEM using Big B's mod on AB's extended map. Looking for Allied player. Suggested start Dec 7.

Some house rules/settings:
1) Sub doctrines off
2) Allied dmg control on
3) PDU on

I'd like to play 2-day turns. Just started doing that with Aztez and the game moves along fast.

I am looking for

House rules, just suggestions, send me yours:
1) Fortification limits - 2 times the airfield plus port SBS size. Ie, if a base is AF 2(3) and Port 1(0) then the max forts would be six [ (3+0)*2]
2) Some stacking limit on islands and atolls. Something related to number of men times the AF+Port+Fort level (pays off to build forts and improve the island). Maybe 5,000 times the level. Assaulting troops - maybe 2x the number of AF+Port for up to four weeks after the base is taken? Open to suggestions. Just want to avoid ahistorical Japanese stacking 200,000 men on Iwo and also force Allies to have to isolate, cut off supply, and pound defenses by air & sea to invade.
3) No pursuit in ground combat - optional, Aztez and I are playing this rule and I like it
4) Maybe a stacking limit on non-island, atoll hexes of 200,000 or something like that to eliminate the Uber-stack moving around and force some linear combat.
5) 4E bombers - naval attack altitude limit
6) AF basing to 50x AF size, 20x AF size for Atolls (excepting Truk and Kwajalein).
7) ASW TFs limited to 6 ships, no more than one per hex.
8) PT Boats - some limit, propose something - just don't want to deal with 50 PTs in one hex using up all my gun ammo trying to sink ONE!

Otherwise, Japanese first turn rules - maybe something like:
1) One port attack (or maybe if you want to do more than one then Allied player is notified that he may create TFs with up to 1/2 the ships in any port or something); or IJN must select one port and may attack any number of ports within 5-10 hexes east or west (to reflect time zones basically).
2) Something to limit ahistorical invasions - name a line not to be crossed, or something like no TFs past Singapore-Kuching-Brunei-North PI and down the other side to Sorong.

PM or post here. I can typically do 1-3 turns a day after the first couple of days of getting organized (minus occasional hiccups for real life...).
Post #: 1
RE: Allied opponent wanted for Big B Mod - 6/27/2007 4:01:06 PM   
aqui

Then you propose to play scen 192. It's Ok. I like your settings. About house rules I accept everything as soon as it's not to complicate to calculate during the game . Get a look to this site
http://www.theblitz.org/ladders/show_ladder.php?ladder=11
...maybe you are interested in this ladder.
let me know
Aqui
uomodellospazio1@alice.it

(in reply to donnie_1974_texas)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied opponent wanted for Big B Mod - 6/30/2007 6:24:18 PM   
pmath

Donnie

Thanks for the info on the mod. I am interested in playing, but may be in over my head in a stock PBEM game. I will follow up when things settle down to see if you're still interested.

(in reply to donnie_1974_texas)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied opponent wanted for Big B Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI