Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For the ones left behind

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> For the ones left behind Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For the ones left behind - 6/27/2007 6:24:13 PM   
VCFL Commish

Would it be possible to seperate the Roster updater and depth charts for those that bought the game and now can`t compete in leagues there already in?

< Message edited by VCFL Commish -- 6/27/2007 6:25:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: For the ones left behind - 6/27/2007 7:39:26 PM   
David Winter

Unfortunately I can't do that. The roster and depth charts are integral to the game so they can't be separated.

David

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 2
RE: For the ones left behind - 6/28/2007 12:41:16 AM   
MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter
Unfortunately I can't do that. The roster and depth charts are integral to the game so they can't be separated.

David, could you have two installs of Maximum Football in separate directories? One could be the pre v1.5 version, and the other could be v1.5. Then VCFL Commish would be able to use both -- one for leagues still on the old version, and one to take advantage of all the goodies in v1.5 (assuming I'm understanding the problem correctly).

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: For the ones left behind - 6/28/2007 5:40:26 AM   
David Winter

You could potentially install the game files into two different folders, but I am sure only one copy would run properly. The game includes a number of shared components that are updated to a matched set of files. By running a copy of the game in FolderA, it would likely be trying to use common components found in FolderB. This would cause a significant number of problems.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 4
RE: For the ones left behind - 6/28/2007 5:59:06 AM   
garysorrell

I tried to have two installs, but the most recent seems to take over. Even if you go into the folder to double click the exe to start the game, the newest install boots.

I wanted one install for online leagues and another for my tinkering and experimenting.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: For the ones left behind - 6/28/2007 7:24:56 PM   
Marauders

With older builds, I had two installs.  One was on Drive D: and the other was on Drive E:.  They both played, but only the last one installed would update with patches.

This was on a Windows 98se machine, so it may not apply to XP machines, and it may no longer apply at all anymore because of changes in the installer.  I have not had this setup for many months.

The best way to have two builds installed would be to install the game on two computers.  Just note that you may not legally play both games at the same time.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 6
RE: For the ones left behind - 6/28/2007 10:57:48 PM   
David Winter

My official view of installing the game on multiple machines may differ slightly from the official Matrix stance. So, keeping that in mind;

I have no problem if, for your own personal use, you install the game on more than one of your own machines. I have been asked by community members in the past for permission to install the game on a home desktop machine, as well as a laptop they use while they do a lot of work travel.

I'm completely okay with that. I'm not a fan of extremely strick DRM that prevents you from using the game (or song, or Operating System, or whatever else) you just purchased on more than one of your own devices. As long as it's your own device, I'm okay with it.

And even if that wasn't my opinion, there's nothing I can do to stop people from doing it anyway so why fight it?

But please note, I want to be clear that these are your machines.

thanks
David

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> For the ones left behind Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI