Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW v4.0 is Loading Up and Getting Ready to Ship

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v4.0 is Loading Up and Getting Ready to Ship Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW v4.0 is Loading Up and Getting Ready to Ship - 9/7/2000 8:04:00 AM   
David Heath

Men Its get getting close to Launch Time. We are working on setting up as many download sites as possible. We are still unsure how big the download will be but I am sure you will find this the most incredible Steel Panthers ever! We have put a lot of new and revolutionary features in this game. We are going to try to release the manual a little bit early so give everyone a chance to read the new features and changes. Trust us make sure to read the manual. Brent Richards has spent a lot of time adding and clearing up our SPWaW manual and is well worth the reading. Programming and beta testing is over and the production line is fired up and getting ready. Buy your wife, girlfriend and or kids something nice before you start getting involed because once you start it may be a while before they see you again. David

Post #: 1
- 9/7/2000 9:04:00 AM   
troopie

When's launch time? I'll warm up the GoZilla troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 9/7/2000 9:04:00 AM   
Jackk

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------------ Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Post #: 3
- 9/7/2000 9:34:00 AM   
Huffy

Buy my wife something nice...I already used up that option with version 2.3 . I'll figure something out...or maybe just let her be mad...naaaa, she'll get over it....I hope. Thank you for all the work and time put into this game... Huffy

Post #: 4
- 9/7/2000 9:43:00 AM   
Bonzo

A Great big THANK YOU to all and sundry involved in getting Version 4 out. Will David unshackle you from your computers and stop the caffeine drips? Bonzo

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

Post #: 5
- 9/7/2000 9:51:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

What can I say other than Thank you very, very much Matrix! Your devoting to wargaming and to your players through these boards have earned my devotion to your company. I look forward to purchasing games from your company for many years to come. Thanks again! ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Post #: 6
- 9/7/2000 10:22:00 AM   
Mark_Ezra

Thanks David and All the Matrix Team members for SPWAW...your hard work is, as it always has been, deeply appreciated. Mark Ezra

Post #: 7
- 9/7/2000 11:15:00 AM   
Nick Papp

quote:

Originally posted by Bonzo: A Great big THANK YOU to all and sundry involved in getting Version 4 out. Will David unshackle you from your computers and stop the caffeine drips? Bonzo
WHAT!!?? No...more...coffee!! MUST...HAVE...COFFEE, MUST...HAVE...COFFEE!! (And sleep, and happy families, and...well, you get the picture.) Really has been a wild ride, but would not trade the experience or this terrific product that we have helped bring to you for anything. Okay...except maybe...COFFEE!! MUST...HAVE...COFFEE...MUST...HAVE...COFFEE. Enjoy!! Nick Papp Assoc. Producer/ Director of Art and Graphics Steel Panthers: World at War

[FONT=Garamond][FONT=Arial Black]Magyar[/FONT][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Black]"[I]All battles are won in the end by infantrymen." [/I][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Field Marshall Viscount

Post #: 8
- 9/7/2000 11:28:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

On the download page you Matrix guys mentioned not to check back every five minutes. I haven't been this eager for something since my unit was coming home from Bosnia after a long, long tour there. Your killing me Matrix. Just kidding. I really, really can't wait for this though. Thanks! ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Post #: 9
- 9/7/2000 1:39:00 PM   
Hans

How cruel! I'll be on vacation in Denmark for the next three weeks - in a house without PC! I think I will take the manual with me to have at least a little bit of SPWaW around . Hans

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Post #: 10
- 9/7/2000 7:10:00 PM   
slammer

quote:

Originally posted by Hans: How cruel! I'll be on vacation in Denmark for the next three weeks - in a house without PC! I think I will take the manual with me to have at least a little bit of SPWaW around . Hans
I'm sorry I love SpWAW but if I was going on vacation for three weeks in Denmark I would be willing to make the sacrifice!!!!! You'll have something to look forward to when you get back.

Post #: 11
- 9/7/2000 7:32:00 PM   
Hans

quote:

Originally posted by slammer: I'm sorry I love SpWAW but if I was going on vacation for three weeks in Denmark I would be willing to make the sacrifice!!!!! You'll have something to look forward to when you get back.
Yep. Hans

Post #: 12
- 9/7/2000 8:29:00 PM   
bluesdawg

I just wanted to echo the sentiments already expressed........Thanks guys , for a job well done. now, as someone said earlier..... "Lets Rock!!" ------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- "It takes a lot to win a war....to lose one it takes everything you have"

------------------------------------------------------------------------- "It takes a lot to win a war....to lose one it takes everything you have"

Post #: 13
- 9/7/2000 8:34:00 PM   
Nikademus

so many battles....so few hours in the day.........

Post #: 14
- 9/7/2000 9:27:00 PM   
Fuerte

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/images/dilbert2000018268825.gif

Post #: 15
- 9/7/2000 10:58:00 PM   
Supervisor

Magyar, Are you coming up for air too? I ran out of coffee days ago. Now I can actually play some more. Oh, No, I have to finish the Berlin map so everyone can see the work we did so far and above the call of duty .
quote:

Originally posted by Nick Papp: WHAT!!?? No...more...coffee!! MUST...HAVE...COFFEE, MUST...HAVE...COFFEE!! (And sleep, and happy families, and...well, you get the picture.) Really has been a wild ride, but would not trade the experience or this terrific product that we have helped bring to you for anything. Okay...except maybe...COFFEE!! MUST...HAVE...COFFEE...MUST...HAVE...COFFEE. Enjoy!! Nick Papp Assoc. Producer/ Director of Art and Graphics Steel Panthers: World at War
------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

Post #: 16
- 9/7/2000 11:01:00 PM   
Supervisor

Yeah, Like reading 10,000 posts on this Forum!!
quote:

Originally posted by slammer: I'm sorry I love SpWAW but if I was going on vacation for three weeks in Denmark I would be willing to make the sacrifice!!!!! You'll have something to look forward to when you get back.
------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

Post #: 17
- 9/7/2000 11:05:00 PM   
Rhone

I've been playing the East Front/West Front games this last week since I didn't want to continue my v2.3 long campaign that won't transfer. Their actually pretty good, but I like the Steel Panthers level of tactics better. I can't wait!

Post #: 18
- 9/7/2000 11:31:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Gentlemen! I've come out from my private tombs to say a word. I hear the bolts working on sniper rifles so I won't stay long . Look for maps, over 70 new maps, many of them historical, others, genetic for use with your battle generator. I won't say any more about that! Look for scenarios, many scenarios, some that you already have are updated for version 4.0. Grenadier and others (including myself) have checked scenarios for problems and fixed them to make them compatible with 4.0, including some of your all time favorites. You'll find special scenarios set up for multi-player TCP-IP battles. Now four people can be involved in the battle online. These are ready to go. A beautifully done manual and FAQ section. You can't imagine how many hours Brent Richards has put into this. You really do need to read this to see all that is now in the game. To not do so would be a big mistake. New scenarios? Yeah, we got 'em, including the Colonel Trotter special included in PC Gamer article for October, a real Momo scenario on Omaha Beach, map done by good old Drake, scenario done by yours truly. I spent nearly 50 hours on this one alone and if you want to have the feel of Omaha, the Bloody one with the best map to date of Omaha Beach, play this one. Great job on the map, Drake! And Drake and I plan to work together to get the other four beaches done for a complete D-Day series of battles. Campaigns? Two are included. One, West Front, one, East Front. They are the new branching type campaigns, with as few as five battles or as many as 13 depending on how well you fight. Two more are being worked on right now. And that is on my end. Now the work of the rest of the crew has been on the same level of intensity. There are many "new" things in SPWAW version 4.0. You know, after over five years of working with SP, since being on the team for the first game and each team since, and having designed hundreds (about 800) scenarios and campaigns for five versions of SP, I am of the opinion that SPWAW is the game I have always longed for the SP game to be. Okay, now I'm headed for cover (those snipers are checking windage and elevation) and to finish some final touches for your gaming pleasure. The very enthused Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 19
- 9/7/2000 11:48:00 PM   
Tabs

You guys are the best! Thanks to all. Tabs

Post #: 20
- 9/7/2000 11:56:00 PM   
BobD

Wild Bill:- ...you just keep right on enthusing! Its much appreciated. I've done the West/East Front bit, and am now looking forward to my first SP experience...from what I've seen I don't anticipate being disappointed. Reminds me of my transition from PanzerLeader to ASL many moons ago... Thanks for the great efforts

Post #: 21
- 9/8/2000 12:59:00 AM   
Rover

WB, a while back there was a question about whether we should move scenarios back to their original number as the 4.0 version will be looking for them to update. Can I assume this to be true from your comments above or will the patch know to find them under whatever scenario number I have moved them to? Thanks again and can hardly wait!

Post #: 22
- 9/8/2000 4:00:00 AM   
Hans

I'm drooling! Hans

Post #: 23
- 9/8/2000 5:47:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Updated scenarios will have the same numbers as they did before. As I understand it, it will install the new scenarios and updated ones into your scenario subdirectory. It will overwrite the old ones automatically. and should not disturb the others....WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 24
- 9/8/2000 5:49:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Oh, I will Bob! You've got to be enthused about this one. EF/WF/RS are great games, no doubt. This one, however,...well, you will see. It is worth it. And you get to keep your hand out of your billfold. Nothing wrong with that either ..WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 25
- 9/8/2000 5:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Coffee? I think I must definitely own stock in Maxwell House and Folgers after this last month! And the other members of the team can say much the same. To see this being created before your eyes, however, to see it forming, well you just have to keep at it. It won't let you go...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 26
- 9/8/2000 7:39:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

We cant thank Matrix enough. When I think of all the unimaginative game companies out there that continually miss opportunities because they cant tolerate development outside an economic profit model. Or perhaps shelve potentially popular games because they (the marketeers) lack vision. Then you folks come along. Reminds me of a remark attributed to Mark Twain: "Always do good. Some will be gratified (those of us) --but the rest will be astounded."

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 27
- 9/8/2000 8:45:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

Folks, We do it all for you. As long-time wargamers ourselves who many times felt we were getting the short end of the stick from many software companies that will remain nameless . We decided enough is enough and we're bringing it all home to you guys! We are getting an absolute rush getting this product out to you. There have been over 75 testers working their proverbial butts off getting this thing ready. Many times I would look at a testers post and say to myself "He saw THAT?" Not to mention guys working around the clock to get this RIGHT. Unbelievable. Many times I said to David: "Maybe we should end the SPWAW development and move on to one of our paying projects", and we'd discuss it, and he was right......finish off SPWAW the way it should be! When this puppy flies I hope everyone really enjoys the efforts put in by this amazing bunch of guys. I'm proud to say I've played a small role in this incredible team. As the Competitive Director I've been waiting on the sidelines chomping on the bit to get moving, but just wait and see what kind of human vs human competitive environment Matrix Games will bring you with the Matrix Games Network!! Again, thank you for your support...we are indeed overwhelmed by the messages, critiques, and gifts that you folks have sent our way. This has truly exceeded our expectations! Thank You, the wargamers! Regards, Joe Osborne Director Of Competitive Play Matrix Games joeo@matrixgames.com

Post #: 28
- 9/8/2000 9:33:00 AM   
Nick Papp

quote:

Originally posted by Brent: Magyar, Are you coming up for air too?
Yep...air, water, bathroom break, human contact, more COFFEE!!!
quote:

Originally posted by Brent: I ran out of coffee days ago. Now I can actually play some more. Oh, No, I have to finish the Berlin map so everyone can see the work we did so far and above the call of duty .
Then back to work it is Grenadier...the gamers are gonna love your maps!! A good map is as labor intensive as a scenario. Thanks to you, Bill, Marauder and the whole crew for keeping the good stuff comming. Once I get that coffe, I may just have time to play this game too!! Regards, Nick

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial Black]"[I]All battles are won in the end by infantrymen." [/I][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

Post #: 29
- 9/8/2000 9:53:00 AM   
Nick Papp

quote:

Originally posted by Greg McCarty: When I think of all the unimaginative game companies out there that continually miss opportunities because they cant tolerate development outside an economic profit model. Or perhaps shelve potentially popular games because they (the marketeers) lack vision.
Hey Greg, Great post. There is a lot of truth to what you say. There is that old addage that goes" No Money, No Mission". And this is a REALISTIC concern when you consider the costs of producing, marketing and selling a retail game. We had a great game to start with, and fortunately the chance to make it even better through the work of voulenteers. My day/paid job is as a Marketing and Sales Director for a division of a healthcare company. I think the marketing lesson that Matrix seems to understand is that the development of a product does not end when the product goes out the door. Encorporating the suggestions and enhancements brought to us by the gamers themselves gives us a chance to make the games better for what we may have missed, and makes the gamers parteners in the development process. In the end...it becomes a little bit of everyone's game. Regards, Nick

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v4.0 is Loading Up and Getting Ready to Ship Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI