Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/8/2000 10:30:00 AM   
KG Erwin

See, THAT's the difference you guys have made in revitalizing the wargame community---you guys make US feel that we have a stake in how successful or not a game may become. The company becomes an extension of the community, in a sense. Hmmm...why don't y'all consider issuing stock in the company? I'm almost certain that most of the forumers would buy into it. In that way, each of us would be more involved in promoting the company's products. Just a thought. On the other hand, maybe you guys can better serve the community by remaining a private concern, since offering public stock would obviously attract corporate sharks who would lower your standards for the sake of sales in a heartbeat. Whew--thank God for free enterprise! [This message has been edited by KG Erwin (edited September 07, 2000).]

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
- 9/8/2000 11:31:00 AM   
Supervisor

Nick, It is your stunning shape files that make the maps so good. Very Few have any idea how much time it takes just to get one shape tile , then take it and scale it to the 4 levels and then make sure it is centered correctly or how your kids are saying to your wife, "Who is that man who is always on our computer at night making all of those funny looking drawings, Mommy"
quote:

Originally posted by Nick Papp: Then back to work it is Grenadier...the gamers are gonna love your maps!! A good map is as labor intensive as a scenario. Thanks to you, Bill, Marauder and the whole crew for keeping the good stuff comming. Once I get that coffe, I may just have time to play this game too!! Regards, Nick
------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

Post #: 32
- 9/8/2000 12:15:00 PM   
Joe Osborne

This is where we intend to devote our time!!! [QUOTE]Originally posted by KG Erwin: [B]See, THAT's the difference you guys have made in revitalizing the wargame community---you guys make US feel that we have a stake in how successful or not a game may become. You guys are the reason we're doing this crazy enterprise. We all belong to the same goal...we've had 2 guys setup their own fan sites as a result of what we're doing!! This is very cool....... Joe Osborne

Post #: 33
- 9/8/2000 1:57:00 PM   
Scipio Africanus

I read the manual- I'm just freaking out with excitement. Matrix, if I had a Victoria Cross, I'd give it to you. ------------------ Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Post #: 34
- 9/8/2000 2:26:00 PM   
BomBeer

Great work on the game. I cannot wait to get it. I hope its ready before the weekend. BomBeer ------------------ IYAAYAS

IYAAYAS

Post #: 35
- 9/8/2000 11:13:00 PM   
Keebler

Victoria Cross. Presented to the Members of Matrix Games on behalf of gamers around the world. For valour, gallantry and tenacity in the development of the best WW2 era tactical combat simulation. For tirelessly working many hundreds of hours under grueling conditions, while under fire from spouses, family members, and friends that just did not understand. For all those sleepless nights spent basking in the dim glow of the computer screen, struggling through endless piles of historical data, I am proud to present you with the Virtual Victoria Cross. (VVC)

If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!

Post #: 36
- 9/9/2000 1:05:00 AM   
Grok

I can't express my sentiments of eveyones' time and effort involved in SPWAW, any better than has already been written by so many others. So I will just simply say THANKS!

"My teeth have more bite, than your mouth has bark!"

Post #: 37
- 9/9/2000 1:53:00 AM   
sami heimola

Good idea, Keebler! If I have picture of Finnish Mannerheim Cross, I could follow your example ... Behalf of Finnish SP-players to Matrix Games for untired and continuing process of SPWAW. BTW, if someone Finnish player has a picture about Mannerheim Cross, please add it into your message! Thanks in advance Sami
quote:

Originally posted by Keebler: Victoria Cross. Presented to the Members of Matrix Games on behalf of gamers around the world. For valour, gallantry and tenacity in the development of the best WW2 era tactical combat simulation. For tirelessly working many hundreds of hours under grueling conditions, while under fire from spouses, family members, and friends that just did not understand. For all those sleepless nights spent basking in the dim glow of the computer screen, struggling through endless piles of historical data, I am proud to present you with the Virtual Victoria Cross. (VVC)

Post #: 38
- 9/9/2000 3:44:00 AM   
crazyivan

yes all i can do is echo the sentiments and priases of all on this post and say thank you all at matrix for an outstanding effort for my pleasuer i haven't got a medal for you but this is the dearest thing to my hart apart from your game so i will dedicate my new bike to the matrix team and call it steel panther.its a TL1000R SUZUKI vtwin.

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 39
- 9/9/2000 3:47:00 AM   
crazyivan

quote:

Originally posted by sami heimola: Good idea, Keebler! If I have picture of Finnish Mannerheim Cross, I could follow your example ... Behalf of Finnish SP-players to Matrix Games for untired and continuing process of SPWAW. BTW, if someone Finnish player has a picture about Mannerheim Cross, please add it into your message! Thanks in advance Sami
Sami how do you post or add a picture to your reply as you have done for the medal

"The best form of defence,is attack"

Post #: 40
- 9/9/2000 4:11:00 AM   
philippe hubert

hi guys a thousand thanks for Matrix team for your marvellous working expected large plaesure with this new version thanks from all the french wargamers

Post #: 41
- 9/9/2000 4:12:00 AM   
sami heimola

Crazyivan, I just replied into Keebler's message... Unfortunately I have not picture about Mannerheim Cross... In fact, I can't do it without advices anyway ... Sami
quote:

Originally posted by crazyivan: [QUOTE]Originally posted by sami heimola: Good idea, Keebler! If I have picture of Finnish Mannerheim Cross, I could follow your example ... Behalf of Finnish SP-players to Matrix Games for untired and continuing process of SPWAW. BTW, if someone Finnish player has a picture about Mannerheim Cross, please add it into your message! Thanks in advance Sami
Sami how do you post or add a picture to your reply as you have done for the medal [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 42
- 9/9/2000 4:14:00 AM   
Keebler

I posted the Finnish Mannerheim Cross on your behalf in the SPWAW Forum, thread Medals awarded to Matrix Games. http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001798.html

If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!

Post #: 43
- 9/9/2000 5:05:00 AM   
sami heimola

Thank you! I noticed it earlier . This is very good mark of international "SPWAW team spirit" (not only among Matrix staff). Sami
quote:

Originally posted by Keebler: I posted the Finnish Mannerheim Cross on your behalf in the SPWAW Forum, thread Medals awarded to Matrix Games. http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001798.html

Post #: 44
- 9/9/2000 8:52:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

My day/paid job is as a Marketing and Sales Director for a division of a healthcare company. I think the marketing lesson that Matrix seems to understand is that the development of a product does not end when the product goes out the door. Encorporating the suggestions and enhancements brought to us by the gamers themselves gives us a chance to make the games better for what we may have missed, and makes the gamers parteners in the development process. In the end...it becomes a little bit of everyone's game. Regards, Nick [/B][/QUOTE] Nick: Yes, you know, I'm a big follower of Alvin Tofflers concepts. And I keep thinking that we are witnessing in the Matrix business model something which was described in "The Third Wave." I just can't put my finger on which thing. You are obviously operating outside the traditional envelope; the internet has largely made it possible; You are doing something that might be impossible for a conventional company, and we, the potential (and rather focused) market for the product are tightly locked into the product developement process. I find that whole thing facinating all by itself. With regard to the neccessary cash flow; hell, I've been ready to send Matrix $50.00 for this product from the getgo. I imagine many others feel the same way. Of course I understand you can't profit on THIS one, but my point is that Matrix has already got the undivided attention and admiration of many game buyers worldwide already, and yet, in practice, you have neither a costly marketing blitz, or (as yet) a for sale product on the shelf. I'm sure they're coming, and we cant wait. Greg. [This message has been edited by Greg McCarty (edited September 08, 2000).]

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 45
- 9/9/2000 9:26:00 AM   
pops

.....this is like the Grateful Dead of war games.........:>'

Post #: 46
- 9/11/2000 11:19:00 AM   
Supervisor

Danke, I will wear it proudly next to my Ritterkreuz
quote:

Originally posted by Keebler: Victoria Cross. Presented to the Members of Matrix Games on behalf of gamers around the world. For valour, gallantry and tenacity in the development of the best WW2 era tactical combat simulation. For tirelessly working many hundreds of hours under grueling conditions, while under fire from spouses, family members, and friends that just did not understand. For all those sleepless nights spent basking in the dim glow of the computer screen, struggling through endless piles of historical data, I am proud to present you with the Virtual Victoria Cross. (VVC)
------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI