Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied newbie looking to get pummelled by Japanese opponent!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied newbie looking to get pummelled by Japanese opponent! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied newbie looking to get pummelled by Japanese oppo... - 7/5/2007 1:48:03 PM   
Historiker

Hi.
I seek a Japanese opponent for the CHS scenario 157, extended map.

Rules:
Sub Doctrine : both on
Fog of War : on
Advanced Weather.. : on
Allied Damadge : on
Historical First Turn : on/off
Player def Upgrades : on
Dez. 7 Surprise : on
Reinf. : +/- 15 Days
Combat Anmationen etc. : on
Auto Sub Ops. : off
Auto. Upgrades f. Air groups : off
Turn Cycle : 1
AI : Historical

House rules:
The "channels" from Aden and Panama and everey hex in range 3 from their Exit to the Ocean are forbidden to the enemy.

anyone likes to play?

admin [at] inclutus [dot] com

I have icq and can play from 1 to 10 turns a day, in most cases one should be sure.

Time Zone GMT + 1

< Message edited by Historiker -- 7/6/2007 6:40:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Seeking Japanese opponents for CHS - 7/6/2007 2:30:41 PM   
Historiker

Is there a reason, why nobody is interested?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 2
RE: Seeking Japanese opponents for CHS - 7/6/2007 5:57:18 PM   
Feinder

Give it time. It usually takes 2 or 3 days.

a. You're looking for a CHS game. While it is the most popular mod, it -is- a mod and takes some doing to get it installed. So you're only appealing to about 20% of WitP players to start with.

b. "Seeking Japanese opponent". The good thing is, you're asking for a Japanese opponent. Playing Japan means an never ending list of game proposals. It also means a finite number of players who are actually willing to tackle Japanese production; so you're also competing against every other "Allied player seeks Japanese opponent" thread.

c. Don't take this personally, but your post-count will work against you. Fair or not (and true or not), folks will assume that a low post count means somebody new. Often veteran players will avoid an (appearent) new player, because things can be a bit lop-sided and actually nobody really wants a -crushing- victory where one person goes off in huff, and swears that WitP is broken, never to play again. The point is for folks to enjoy the game, hopefully make a new virtual friend, and come back again to dish out ten-fold. Again, you might well have been a lurker for a year, with extensive experience at WitP and PBEM, but many folks will only have your post count to go by.

d. It takes 3 - 4 days to pick up an opponent, even for us old-salt blabber-mouths like myself. Give a little bit, if you see that your sunk down to the bottom half of page 1, give yourself a bump, to bring your post again.

e. It's also about salesmenship. Consider the difference in titles between "CHS seeking Japanese Opponent" vs. "Allied newbie looking to get pummelled by Japanese opponent!" They both say the same thing, but then again, they don't... Which one do you think will get more hits (and thus be more likely to pick up a game... )

Actually, the hardest point (esp as Allies PBEM), isn't finding an oppoent (takes about 3 - 4 days). It's the wait AFTER you've gotten an opponent, and Japan takes about a week to complete their first move. That -week- of waiting is what sucks!

Be patient. Someone -will- pick up your game. Welcome to WitP!

-F-

< Message edited by Feinder -- 7/6/2007 6:01:49 PM >

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3
RE: Seeking Japanese opponents for CHS - 7/6/2007 6:25:05 PM   
Rybeck

What Feinder said. Plus you stated you can manage 1 to TEN turns a day... really intimidating

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 4
RE: Seeking Japanese opponents for CHS - 7/6/2007 6:45:01 PM   
Historiker

better this way? ;-)

Well, I have a PBEM with a really experieced player, now at 11/42. With him we played up to 15 turns a day, depending on which day of the week, the weather and how much work we have to do ;-)
So in most cases I can play 1 turn, but when we're both online and have time, of course we can play much more...

I'm fairly new to the game, but already got some realy hurting lessons tought by an expert player, who not only gives me advice in drestroying my armys, but in addition telling me everything I need to know by ICQ.

Moreover I now play strategy games since the C64, so I shall have eough ideas even if I am not a WitP veteran, yet. Moreover I served my duty in the military myself, so I know what it's about ;-)

< Message edited by Historiker -- 7/6/2007 6:46:07 PM >

(in reply to Rybeck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied newbie looking to get pummelled by Japanese opponent! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI