Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bleeding planes from my squadrons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Bleeding planes from my squadrons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 2:08:29 AM   
niceguy2005

OK. I have now been hit with this bug, the one where planes dissapear from my squadrons, and I know others have experienced it before. Can anyone tell me what the work around is?

I am losing planes (mostly P-38s) from my bases. Losses don't add up to account for the missing planes.

Best I can tell the units most affected are those that have unit fragments. The parent unit seems to be losing some random number of planes and no they aren't in the fragment either. The losses are significant and can be upwards of 10 or more planes a turn. This is a highly annoying bug...I'm having to majorly alter my strategy to deal with it. Any ideas on what causes it or how to fix it?

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
Post #: 1
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 2:30:12 AM   
Graycompany

I have had this happen too, Mostly from a Tojo Squadron. Some of it I traced to flying Cap over bases where you had cap too, and I was either trying to protect Air supply or catch Air supply.

I thought this place was a empire, now im the last, I can't be sure...

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 2
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 2:53:07 AM   
eloso

I had this happen in my PBEM too. We have PDU on. It is a CHS 2.08 scenario 160 game.

I upgraded the 1st AVG to P=38s when they became available. I downgraded that partial squadron in the States to make this happen sooner. I have paid PP to transfer the AVG squadrons to operate under SE Asia command.

I kept the 1st AVG in the rear in Bangalore or something until it was fully repaired before transferring it back to the front. By this time I had enough P-38s in inventory to upgrade the 2nd AVG.

I did this and still no problems. I needed these fighters in the front ASAP as the hurricanes weren't pulling their weight. I transferred the serviceable P-38s to Calcutta. The very next day I had planes missing from the 1st AVG that weren't accounted for in the losses list.

I have since downgraded the 2nd AVG back to P-40E and the problem hasn't resurfaced yet. I've also discovered that you can transfer a group that isn't fully operational and then transfer the rest by rail on the same day. I've been doing this when possible (rail connection needed).

I'm still about 2-3 weeks away from receiving my first "official" P-38 group other than the one that starts in game. I'm awaiting to see if the problem resurfaces.

(in reply to Graycompany)
Post #: 3
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 3:11:03 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graycompany

I have had this happen too, Mostly from a Tojo Squadron. Some of it I traced to flying Cap over bases where you had cap too, and I was either trying to protect Air supply or catch Air supply.

There can be AC lost to combat that doesn't appear on the combat report, as well as op losses. However, I am losing planes that don't even appear on the aircraft losses screen.

(in reply to Graycompany)
Post #: 4
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 3:22:35 AM   
rtrapasso

i had similar problems with P-38s - reported the bug about 1 year ago... never could figure out what was going on... some of the planes will show back up in the pool in a turn or so, but some just seemed to leave forever.

Shortly after this, some of my B-17s started to vanish as well.

EDIT - if you have saves (unfinalized, before and after the boys vanish) - send them to me, and i'll see if we can replicate it.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 7/16/2007 3:23:43 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 8:23:16 AM   
Yamato hugger

I have been tracing this one. It seems (but the annoying thing is I cant MAKE it happen, ie it doesnt do it all the time) that if you divide an air unit (ie fly it to another base when there are still damaged aircraft in the squadron), the fragment left behind bleeds aircraft. Seems more often to happen if there are more planes than pilots. However, near as I have been able to determine (and I am still looking into this one) the missing planes go back to the pool.

There is a simular one for pilots. If there are more pilots than aircraft in the fragment left behind, they seem to "bleed" also. And near as I can tell they go to other squadrons.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 6
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 10:36:21 AM   
DSwain

There is another option - maybe it's chickenlivered ground staff (and pilots?) sabotaging the grounded AC for an easy life.....

Not to belittle the problem, it sounds like a swine - hope you work it out.

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 7
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 1:02:01 PM   
AmiralLaurent

I saw the same for two of my units that get badly hit by Allied heavy bombers. They had after two days about 90% of their pilots but only 20% of AC so I flew them to a rear base and gave each pilot an AC (with the "get new AC button").

Two days later I flew them back to the forward base... And the next evening their fragment in the rear base had more pilots than AC, without any loss (even ops) that may explain that, and no WIA pilot came back (global number of pilots remained the same). I didn't check if the AC came back to the pool or just disappeared, as a Japanese player pilots are far more important than AC...

Robert I have saves for this case. What is your e-mail ?

(in reply to DSwain)
Post #: 8
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 4:08:15 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

I saw the same for two of my units that get badly hit by Allied heavy bombers. They had after two days about 90% of their pilots but only 20% of AC so I flew them to a rear base and gave each pilot an AC (with the "get new AC button").

Two days later I flew them back to the forward base... And the next evening their fragment in the rear base had more pilots than AC, without any loss (even ops) that may explain that, and no WIA pilot came back (global number of pilots remained the same). I didn't check if the AC came back to the pool or just disappeared, as a Japanese player pilots are far more important than AC...

OK - we a dealing with a "disappearance" here, so i need NON-FINALIZED saves.

Send to rtrapasso @ gmail.com (no spaces)

Send details where it happens, passwords (if necessary), version of the game, and anything else you thing useful. If you need to, have your opponent send his pw to me at same address (or they can send a PM to me with it).

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 9
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 6:34:28 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

I have been tracing this one. It seems (but the annoying thing is I cant MAKE it happen, ie it doesnt do it all the time) that if you divide an air unit (ie fly it to another base when there are still damaged aircraft in the squadron), the fragment left behind bleeds aircraft. Seems more often to happen if there are more planes than pilots. However, near as I have been able to determine (and I am still looking into this one) the missing planes go back to the pool.

There is a simular one for pilots. If there are more pilots than aircraft in the fragment left behind, they seem to "bleed" also. And near as I can tell they go to other squadrons.

I seem to be having a little different problem. I will move a unit, say a divided fighter group to another base leaving behind a fragment of damaged planes. The group that flew to the new base loses planes the next turn. However I also think it is happening with units that don't have fragments anywhere else, but are under strength. So, the problem could be with understrength units, whether the reason they are understrength is because there is a fragment somewhere or simply from ops and combat losses.

Post #: 10
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/16/2007 6:36:19 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

This is a very similar situation to what I am seeing.

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 11
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/17/2007 7:14:26 AM   
afspret

Okay, since this seems to be happening to more people, it would be nice if someone from Matrix takes a look at this new bug.

Post #: 12
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/17/2007 10:25:31 AM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret

Okay, since this seems to be happening to more people, it would be nice if someone from Matrix takes a look at this new bug.

Well, Im the first step in that process, and I AM looking into it

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 13
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/17/2007 3:39:25 PM   
rtrapasso

we still need (non-finalized) saves for this AFAIK - hard to look into it if we don't have them.

i do have saves from Amiral Laurent re: pilot problem (received this a.m.)

Post #: 14
RE: Bleeding planes from my squadrons - 7/17/2007 7:58:19 PM   
Yamato hugger

I just sent before and afters on this to Joe (finally got one to do it on command )

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Bleeding planes from my squadrons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI