Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Canadian breakdown penalty

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Canadian breakdown penalty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canadian breakdown penalty - 9/8/2000 8:25:00 PM   
McGib

Just out of curiosity why do Canadian units have a higher breakdown rate when using Brit vehicles prior to 43? You guys trying to say we cant drive? Huh? Is that it? Well stand out on the road and say that! p.s. If this is the case shouldn't US units in Vehicles shoot at friendly units from time to time? (Drive by's and road rage dontcha know!) ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready [This message has been edited by McGib (edited September 09, 2000).]

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 9/8/2000 8:47:00 PM   
Seth

Did Canada use left-hand drive in the 30's? Maybe they're all screwing up in the right-hand drive UK stuff. Imagine Clark Griswold driving a Matador

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 9/8/2000 10:48:00 PM   
Wallymanowar

I think it may be because we always got the British hand-me-downs until our own industry was capable of producing enough stuff for us. This is especially evident for the RCAF and the RCN. Our flyers were still flying Sterlings while the Brits flew Lancasters; Our Corvette and Destroyers weren't equipped with up to date ASDIC and Radar sets until after the Brits got all theirs filled. I'm sure this was also true for the Aussies and Kiwis vis a vis the Brits. One aside to that though is that after Dunkirk, the best equipped division in Britain was the First Canadian Infantry Division. ------------------ 'Bitter Mike'

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
Yogi Berra

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 9/9/2000 12:07:00 PM   
thor

I hate to ruin the party but Canada produced more equipment per capita then anyone else in WWII. Our stuff was USED by both then US and Britain plus we also sent lend lease to Russia!!

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
- 9/9/2000 12:09:00 PM   
Deathwatcher

Hey the US didn't shoot u gys that much its not until desert storm whne we "accidently shoot u" ALOT

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 5
- 9/9/2000 12:13:00 PM   
Drake

Got to remember to that after Dunkirk the canadians were the only fully equiped troops in Britain. They had the canadains for a time driveing all over britain making it look to the Germans that Britain had more mobile forces and better equiped forces then they had at that time.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Canadian breakdown penalty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI