Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch 1.02 issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Patch 1.02 issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 2:06:06 AM   
Brother Jayne

Hmmm... it seems that North Cental and south Barborossa all have the same oob's... is there any way to chance the oob's for the dynamic campaigns?
Post #: 1
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 2:50:40 AM   
Jason Petho

No, but you can pick a different division each time you play. They are all different with different upgrade paths.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Brother Jayne)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 5:09:24 AM   
Brother Jayne

Huh... so the same divisions are availible for the north central and south campaigns? Cuz that's way a-historical

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 5:27:32 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brother Jayne

Huh... so the same divisions are availible for the north central and south campaigns? Cuz that's way a-historical

That is how the Dynamic Campaign Games are set up - one big generic order of battle. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately.

All the more reason to play the Linked Campaign Games!

Jason Petho

Post #: 4
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 12:19:56 PM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

Well I remember you could sometimes get Slovakian forces as assist forces (non-core forces generated for an individual scenario) only in the southern campaign back when East Front was first released. If the OOB's are all the same today, something has been changed because that wasn't always the case.

Jim

Post #: 5
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 4:01:59 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

Well I remember you could sometimes get Slovakian forces as assist forces (non-core forces generated for an individual scenario) only in the southern campaign back when East Front was first released. If the OOB's are all the same today, something has been changed because that wasn't always the case.

In order for the DCG's to function properly, the Order of Battles for Barbarossa have been redone.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 8:00:31 PM   
1925frank

Others would know more about this than I, but my impression from reading the various posts is that the DCG's are very loosely-based historically, especially on things like the order of battle.  They're designed to give you a feel for various theaters of war.  For more accuracy, my impression is you'd have to go to a LCG, and, even then, the OOB accuracy would depend on the designer's focus.

Post #: 7
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 8:06:42 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

Others would know more about this than I, but my impression from reading the various posts is that the DCG's are very loosely-based historically, especially on things like the order of battle.  They're designed to give you a feel for various theaters of war.  For more accuracy, my impression is you'd have to go to a LCG, and, even then, the OOB accuracy would depend on the designer's focus.

You are correct.

Dynamic Campaigns are random.

Random battles, happening on random maps, fighting against random opposing forces, fighting with randomly generated assisting forces following a loosely scripted timeline.

As you point out, Linked Campaigns are the way to go for accuracy.

Jason Petho

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 10:39:36 PM   
Ladmo

This is not an "issue" -thrilled with the patch, but is there any documentation regarding just what graphics were upgraded. Only curious and not really expecting an answer.

< Message edited by Ladmo -- 7/26/2007 10:41:16 PM >

"The world is not divided into East and West anymore; it is divided into North and South..."

Post #: 9
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 10:58:57 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

This is not an "issue" -thrilled with the patch, but is there any documentation regarding just what graphics were upgraded. Only curious and not really expecting an answer.

I could find out this weekend, or you could take a look in the folders, sort by date and see which BMP's were updated.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Ladmo)
Post #: 10
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/26/2007 11:06:45 PM   
Jason Petho

Additionally, there are more graphic updates coming for 1.03.

Jason Petho

Post #: 11
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 2:11:39 AM   
sub jockey

Hey Jason,

How can I send you something to check-out to see if it's worth fixing, or maybe to put in the next patch of sceniaro in 1.03. Hummmm!

Sub Jockey

Post #: 12
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 2:23:53 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: sub jockey

Hey Jason,

How can I send you something to check-out to see if it's worth fixing, or maybe to put in the next patch of sceniaro in 1.03. Hummmm!

Sub Jockey

jasonpetho (at) hotmail (dot ) com

Make a clear indication in the subject of what the email is about, otherwise it will be deleted.

Jason Pehto

(in reply to sub jockey)
Post #: 13
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 5:04:49 AM   
Flak88

Jason,

Has the replacement rate been modified for EF? I've started playing the Barbarossa DCG and haven't gotten any replacements after 2 months. My Panzers are getting pretty thinned out after losing 1 or 2 every engagement. They used to dribble in every week or so.

Thanks

Post #: 14
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 5:17:47 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flak88

Jason,

Has the replacement rate been modified for EF? I've started playing the Barbarossa DCG and haven't gotten any replacements after 2 months. My Panzers are getting pretty thinned out after losing 1 or 2 every engagement. They used to dribble in every week or so.

Thanks

Bugger. Yes, they were modified, trying to add more reinforcements as the years go on to compensate for the bigger battles. Means it will have to be redone and not be released until 1.03.

In the meantime, there are two options.

1. Keep playing as normal, your tank platoons will be upgrading, providing you with full strength units every time.

2. Send me your campaign.ccd and campaign.ccx files and I can hopefully tweak a few of your platoons.

Jason Petho

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 7/27/2007 5:19:19 AM >

(in reply to Flak88)
Post #: 15
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 6:21:45 PM   
Flak88

Thanks for the quick reply!

A couple more questions.

How quickly do upgrades come?

Is it random which units get them?

I looked in the campaign CCD file and see that the highest upgrade is a Panzer V. Can you modify that for 1.03 so we can get some Tigers?

In the past versions I would get upgrades - mainly AT and AA units - that would only include 1 gun or 1 vehicle. Has that been changed so units arrive with their full complement of equipment?

Thanks

Post #: 16
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 7:41:28 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

No problem!

quote:

How quickly do upgrades come?

They vary, depending on the division. Usually you don't have to go longer than a year before a company is upgraded with new tanks. Sometimes the wait is only a few months, especially when upgrading between the different Panzer III models.

quote:

Is it random which units get them?

No, the upgrades are scripted although differently for each of the divisions trying to keep it as historical as I could as a preliminary adventure.

quote:

I looked in the campaign CCD file and see that the highest upgrade is a Panzer V. Can you modify that for 1.03 so we can get some Tigers?

Unfortunately, in the interest of trying to keep things relatively historical, the Panzer divisions chosen were ones that fought primarily on the Eastern Front. That being said, I don't believe any of the Panzer divisions in the order of battle ever received Tigers.

There is, though, a Tiger battalion that you can play with if you play one of the later Dynamic Campaigns.

quote:

In the past versions I would get upgrades - mainly AT and AA units - that would only include 1 gun or 1 vehicle. Has that been changed so units arrive with their full complement of equipment?

Yes, the units should now receive their full compliment of equipment.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Flak88)
Post #: 17
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 9:59:26 PM   
Flak88

Thanks again Jason,

I understand the historical context of the campaign - wouldn't want things to get out of hand. I'd still like to petition for the availabliity of some Tigers late in the campaign. Since replacements are scripted, maybe just a company?

I really enjoy replaying the EF and it would be greatly rewarding after a couple hundred successful engagements to get some. I've played some of the late scenarios and having Tigers is a blast!

Post #: 18
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/27/2007 10:28:20 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

I understand the historical context of the campaign - wouldn't want things to get out of hand. I'd still like to petition for the availabliity of some Tigers late in the campaign. Since replacements are scripted, maybe just a company?

Two Options.

1. I will alter the 12. Panzer Division (I believe that is correct) to receive one company of Tigers late in 1944

2. Although they won't be part of your core, there will be a Tiger battalion available as support units.

quote:

I really enjoy replaying the EF and it would be greatly rewarding after a couple hundred successful engagements to get some. I've played some of the late scenarios and having Tigers is a blast!

Glad to hear you're enjoying East Front!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Flak88)
Post #: 19
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/28/2007 9:57:11 AM   
Brother Jayne

So is there a way to change which divisions are availible for the DCG's?
Back in the old East Front there was a different set of divisions and army korps availible for each of the Barb. campaigns

Post #: 20
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/28/2007 7:30:38 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

So is there a way to change which divisions are availible for the DCG's?
Back in the old East Front there was a different set of divisions and army korps availible for each of the Barb. campaigns

The old East Front would randomly generate numbers for the divisions and army korps available each time you started one of the barbarossa campaigns.

Jason Petho

Post #: 21
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 7/29/2007 1:15:38 AM   
Flak88

Thanks again Jason,

Adding some Tigers will only make a great game that much more enjoyable.

How does the DCG calculate time advancement? Sometimes it seems stuck and only advances you a day or two before the next engagement, but other times (rarely) it might be 20-30 days.

Thanks

Post #: 22
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 8/1/2007 6:22:36 AM   
Brother Jayne

Will there be additional units added in the future?
Kavallerie and Waffen SS divisions, perhaps?

(in reply to Flak88)
Post #: 23
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 8/1/2007 6:51:16 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Will there be additional units added in the future?
Kavallerie and Waffen SS divisions, perhaps?

In the future, yes there will!

Jason Petho

Post #: 24
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 10/19/2007 9:40:20 PM   
markoid

Hi JAson,

Did these modifications take place? If yes, are they in the 1.02b patch?

Also, I asked a question a while ago regarding information on the vast array of new units and their capabilities...such as snipers, maintenance units etc...

Any snippets would be gratefully recieved.

Take care

Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

Two Options.

1. I will alter the 12. Panzer Division (I believe that is correct) to receive one company of Tigers late in 1944

2. Although they won't be part of your core, there will be a Tiger battalion available as support units.

quote:

Glad to hear you're enjoying East Front!

Jason Petho

Post #: 25
RE: Patch 1.02 issue - 10/19/2007 10:10:14 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: markoid

Did these modifications take place? If yes, are they in the 1.02b patch?

They will be released with the 1.03 Update available around Christmas.

quote:

ORIGINAL: markoid
Also, I asked a question a while ago regarding information on the vast array of new units and their capabilities...such as snipers, maintenance units etc...

They will also be explained in the 1.03 Update with a number of smaller tutorial scenarios.

Jason Petho

(in reply to markoid)
Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Patch 1.02 issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI