Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategic Bombing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Strategic Bombing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategic Bombing - 7/27/2007 10:16:36 AM   
Arkady

Can strategic bombing affect significantly axis industry production ? Is damage inflicted big enough to reason investment into strategic bombing research and bombers building ?

Post #: 1
RE: Strategic Bombing - 7/29/2007 5:13:30 PM   
IrishGuards

Can strategic bombing affect significantly axis industry production ?

I bet it can later in the war ... 1st as Allies you need air sup on west front .. An Axis player who looses air sup on west front is in serious trouble .. I basically build a ger ftr bfore anything else ...

Air labs are the first for me when I play either side ...
And yes .. If you use focus points in all air categories for either side it really helps ..

Its a combination of things .. No matter if you have a majority of ftr tac or strat .. when you upgrade ....
Good things happen ...
Ftrs .. Dag fight most important .. but when you add close air and strat .. range improves .. land attack and naval attack .. shoch to I think ..
Tac .. wow .. get close air 1 or 2 w strat .. shock and range go up ...
Strat .. have to ask an allied player ..
I usually play Axis so ... I have never built 1 ..
IDG

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategic Bombing - 12/26/2007 4:15:36 AM   
Grandpa Troll

When speaking of Air Labs, please define, I am new at this game and enjoying it thoroughly, just some tips I been reading have really helped me.

Gramps

These are the good old days

(in reply to IrishGuards)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategic Bombing - 12/29/2007 12:35:29 AM   
seastruck

Gramps,

You can spend PP on research, which builds labs that create technology breakthroughs. An earlier post by Irish Guards helped me a lot in my first game versus the AI (which as a newbie, I kept at an even level). By pouring my first several months of production into research (3 infantry, 4 armor, and 3 air or something like that), I was able to take Russia by the end of Winter 1941 with only a handful of armor units that had been upgraded to Panthers/King Tigers. Russia can only build 3 labs prior to August 1941.

I have not paid much attention to the air war yet.

Other posts have dealt with the sub war. While it can be worth it, it becomes a why bother. 4 extra armor can do far more damage in Russia than 4 subs in the Atlantic. But I am still new at the game.

Seastruck

(in reply to Grandpa Troll)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategic Bombing - 12/29/2007 12:55:24 AM   
Grandpa Troll

So me building Subs ala Wolfpack, is not the best use of resources?

I ask because I thought somehwere I read that pillaging/pirating/killing convoys paid great dividends.

I am toying with different strategies, but I built two 6 teams, 4-5 subs each and a few destroyers/battleships, basically laywaste to North of Newfoundland and catch them headed out and pick apart 30+ and once even an 80 something

Thanks for feedback

In my game I went for Labs with Industry (the bottom choice) then air/sea and armor following

Keep advice coming

Gramps

These are the good old days

(in reply to seastruck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Strategic Bombing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI