Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

combat summaries and animations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> combat summaries and animations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
combat summaries and animations - 7/28/2007 9:07:51 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

For the last three game turns (6 days) in one of my PBEMs I have been unable to see combat summaries or animations. All the settings are on, the delays are adjusted upwards, etc. I load up any other game and I can watch the action with my settings, but, this PBEM I cannot. I am Japan. Has anyone seen this before?
Post #: 1
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/28/2007 9:47:52 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: donnie_1974_texas

For the last three game turns (6 days) in one of my PBEMs I have been unable to see combat summaries or animations. All the settings are on, the delays are adjusted upwards, etc. I load up any other game and I can watch the action with my settings, but, this PBEM I cannot. I am Japan. Has anyone seen this before?

Yes - you probably started a scenario with "historical first turn".

It may take several turns for the animations to start up... some players complain they never do.

EDIT: if this is happening in the MIDDLE of a game, it is possible that settings from different games are getting confused. Best way to prevent that is to keep separate games in separate folders, each with a complete set of WITP files in it (i.e. - after installation, copy the entire WITP folder into another folder... do not try a second installation.)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 7/28/2007 9:50:42 PM >

(in reply to donnie_1974_texas)
Post #: 2
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/28/2007 10:39:02 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Rtrapasso - thanks for the quick reply.

I have three games going - two are in this directory (although one is just beginning and I have not mailed the first turn yet - no historical 1st turn start) and all of my setting have always been the same - anims/summaries on, all delays to either 0.1 or 0.6 seconds. The third game uses AB's map and is in a completely different directory (not a reinstall, a copy).

Problem is still there. Is there any other way around it? I really need to see the intel provided by watching the replay for land attack information. I have tried restarting the computer, restarting the game, saving the game to a different save game file, etc.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/28/2007 11:11:40 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I have three games going - two are in this directory (although one is just beginning and I have not mailed the first turn yet - no historical 1st turn start) and all of my setting have always been the same - anims/summaries on, all delays to either 0.1 or 0.6 seconds. The third game uses AB's map and is in a completely different directory (not a reinstall, a copy).

Problem is still there. Is there any other way around it? I really need to see the intel provided by watching the replay for land attack information. I have tried restarting the computer, restarting the game, saving the game to a different save game file, etc.

Don't know of anything else to try... sometimes the settings take a few turns to take effect, so you might try sticking it out for a bit to see if this happens.

Post #: 4
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/29/2007 1:49:18 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Don't know of anything else to try... sometimes the settings take a few turns to take effect, so you might try sticking it out for a bit to see if this happens.

And it certainly can't hurt to leave the "Historic First Turn" switch in the OFF position. It is not supposed to have any effect except when starting a new scenario, but you never can tell

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/29/2007 10:05:22 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Shameless bump. Any other ideas?

Two more turns and no effect - I noticed I do not even get all the detail in the combar report I used to (altitudes, etc.). I sort of need to figure this out, there is too much intel in the combat reports and animations as to what is going on and with one big invasion operation going on with another 2 days away I can't really not have any idea what's happening. Even the message delays don't seem to change much for me.

How about a complete reinstall, has anyone shown that to work? I tried saving the game in different slots and that did no good either.

Post #: 6
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/29/2007 11:04:53 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

Update #2. I copied the combat replay from the game in question and pasted it in the save directory of another install of WitP I have. Same result. It is the only one that I cannot see any form of animation or detail on. Even fails to report altitudes of bombers in the combat report text file...Any ideas?

Post #: 7
RE: combat summaries and animations - 7/30/2007 1:35:50 AM   
donnie_1974_texas

OK, update/reinstall did not work. I pulled up a save from about 10 turns ago, and it works fine.

It seems to be something associated with the save file itself perhaps? Why would this be the case?

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> combat summaries and animations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI