Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombing the reich (old) - mouse stutters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Bombing the reich (old) - mouse stutters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombing the reich (old) - mouse stutters - 7/29/2007 1:22:13 AM   
Fishu

Howdy, I'm sorry to request help on this forum on the old BTR, but I'm running out of options with possible answers. After a long while I started playing BTR again, but for the first time on my current hardware and I'm having mild to severe mouse stutters in the game. The game seems to run otherwise normally and reacts to keyboard inputs, but mouse pointer keeps jumping more or less. W2K compatibility mode helps a little and at least makes the jumping bearable, but at sometime later the pointer might start jumping around more. Usually there's a little delay with the position update of the pointer and at the worst it can take 10 seconds for the position to update.

On the other computer in my household, a shared computer though, the mouse pointer works flawlessly. I haven't experienced similar problem with other games. One difference that I noticed was in the resource usage when alt-tabbed out of the game: On the other computer the game used roughly 92% of CPU resources in the background, but on this computer it uses 99%. This one has a better CPU too!

I'd be very happy to get the old BTR to work while waiting for the Matrix's version of it. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from the same problem on this computer

Here's the specs of this computer:

AMD XP 3000+
Kingston 2*512 Mb
MSI K8N Neo Platinum (Nforce 3)
GF 6600GT 128 Mb
Soundblaster Audigy ZS
Hercules Fortissimo III

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Bombing the reich (old) - mouse stutters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI