Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Landings plus bombardment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Landings plus bombardment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Landings plus bombardment - 8/13/2007 10:23:34 PM   
baldbrother

Can you order a bombardment after and while you're landing troops. Can it affect your own side?
Post #: 1
RE: Landings plus bombardment - 8/13/2007 10:45:06 PM   
witpqs

Yes you can, no it won't. Also, unfortunately it seems you cannot coordinate it with the landing - it might happen after and so not help the landing much.

(in reply to baldbrother)
Post #: 2
RE: Landings plus bombardment - 8/13/2007 10:45:25 PM   
Feinder

Do you mean naval bombardment, or artillery? You can order some of your units to bombard only, and some to deliberate attack.  There are some "issues" with this however, that I'm not sure were fixed.  And to bombard the turn you land amphibiously, send a bombardment TF to arrive with your invasion TF.  The bombardment will help to disrupt anti-invasion fire (altho you're still gonna get shot at), and your troops won't attack until end of turn anyway (so bombardmnet is helping you there).  If you want your bombardment TF to stay on station (maybe you're playing 2-day turns, and don't want to get stuck attacking on the second day without fire support), you can set your bombardment TF to patrol/no retire.  You second day bombardment will be much less (most ammo is shot on intiial bombardment), but something is better than nothing (or you can time a 2nd bombardment TF to arrive on the second day).

Does it affect your own side?  - Yes.  Artillery is subject to counter-fire, and ships may get shot at by enemy DP and Naval guns.  You'll see infantry losses in the combat report for your own side if there are any (usu not a good idea to have an artillery duel if the other guy has more guns).  And in the bombardment report, you'll see "shots fired in defense" and any hits on your own ships (altho these hits may not penetrate - you just have to check your ship(s) the next turn).

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to baldbrother)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Landings plus bombardment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI