Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Mid August update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: Mid August update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mid August update! - 9/1/2007 2:41:06 AM   
hlj

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I'm just not accurate enough to give you good estimates therefore, I will not give them anymore! I'll keep working and when the testers can agree that we're ready then we're ready! Don't worry, I'm not saying that I'm quitting but I am quitting giving you guys bad info. I'll stay on touch on the forums!

Marshall knows that his estimates are not great. But as soon as he said that he wouldnt make a monthly report where people could bug him for a release date people responded:

quote:

I think that many prefer that the things continue like they are, with a monthly update (although it is only to say "we are alive") better than to abandon the reports.

quote:

ORIGINAL: StCyr
LOL !!!

yea, just as you we don´t want to know about reality, so please don´t bother us any longer with any facts. The only result would be that you might get some input about what is going wrong with your concept.

He is just trying to please the crowd. I am not saying that he is going about it the right way. I am just saying that I think it unfair to blame him for a fictional delay. The game is not delayed Marshall is just realy bad at estemating. There have been no release date that haven't been met, only hopes that havent turned out to reflect reality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

ORIGINAL: StCyr
hlj, why do you insist that the delay is caused by changes Marshal made in reaction to the comments at the forum ? This game is late for years now, and even Marshal himself never used the fact that he left out several rules and reincluded some of them later again as an excuse so far.

How nice of you to notice ^_^ He have never blamed you or any of the other forum users for any delays they might have caused to the plan Marshall innitially had. Why should we then blame him for sharing his plan and his hopes for a release? It sounded like you thought in earlier messages that there were a point in telling Marshall about what you thought were wrong with his plan for the game. Why the change of heart? havent he changed many issues pointed out by forum readers?

Why is it so important for you to place blame for a delay?
Do you think the game won't be worth the wait?
If so, why are you still here? If not, why do you post the messages you do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

ORIGINAL: von_Bülow

Lets face it: the way matrix games/the programmer is communicating with their "clients" is pathetic and very unprofessionell. No need to bash me, just my opinion...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I only criticize that at regular intervals "the date of release is very close now". That's unprofessionel, I just call a spade a spade!

I agree that false predictions are anoying and best left out. But I dont like that words as pathetic and unprofessionel are followed with a note that you shouldnt be bashed for you opinion. Speedo made a nice and on the point criticism of the several unaccurate predictions on the subject of the release of the game. You not only criticized the bad release info you also trashed all communications between Marshall and us.

Any comment on an open forum is liable to be "bashed" especialy when the writer chooses to use colorfull adjectives to describe how he feels about a subject.

P.S. I know I invite to quite a "bashing" myself but I dont mind when people disagree with me. I just mind if they disagree with me and post their views for the world to see and dont want me to post that and why I disagree or agree with them.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 31
RE: Mid August update! - 9/1/2007 3:40:17 AM   
StCyr

quote:

The game is not delayed Marshall is just realy bad at estemating.

Hell, your absolute right! And all the medieval monks were right too when they said Jesus would return in the year 1000... ok, they were also not that good in estemating, but now I know that there was no delay, you saved my day .

Do you really think that Marshall and David Heath think EiA to be in time ?

(in reply to hlj)
Post #: 32
RE: Mid August update! - 9/1/2007 12:20:00 PM   
hlj

I dont care what they think. What is important to me is what I think. And I think I will get the game shortly after I have paid for it. Any percived delay by Marshall, David, you or any of the other forum readers wont cost me anything ^_^

(in reply to StCyr)
Post #: 33
RE: Mid August update! - 9/1/2007 2:15:46 PM   
PunkReaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: hlj

I dont care what they think. What is important to me is what I think. And I think I will get the game shortly after I have paid for it. Any percived delay by Marshall, David, you or any of the other forum readers wont cost me anything ^_^

Well said....there are other games out there for the moment and lives to live instead of bitching about EiA. I will buy it when it is done and while I'm waiting I will do something else and just wait until its finished. Just keep on plodding on Marshall don't let it drop, there are plenty of people out there quietly and politely waiting for the finished product.

(in reply to hlj)
Post #: 34
RE: Mid August update! - 9/1/2007 11:29:13 PM   
yammahoper

I also cannot feel much over losing something I never had, a contradiction in terms at best.  Longer development could well mean it will never be finished and released, depending in matrix investment model and resources. 

Perhaps if this process cost me something, I would have an emotional investment.  However, clicking a bookmark and follwing a few shortcuts doesn't seem like much to me to stay updated. 

yamma

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: Mid August update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI