Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

British Combat Capabilityes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> British Combat Capabilityes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 9:55:48 PM   
High Command

Hello

Im in a War as Japan, Playing Every day vs a Human Allied.

I have secured what I need to secure to run the Future Industries of Japan until Hell Freezes over,
Have also been moving Over 3 000 000 Oil and 1 100 000 Resources To Japan from the Southern Resource Areas.
Now in the South, I am working on Expending the Allied Bomber Range, Rabul, Midway, Plymera, Christmas, Attu, Phillipines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Lee, Java, Malaya, Burma, Guadal Canal, South China, Half Borneo ect. Have been Secured.

I have started a Operation in India, Currently Including 550 000 Men and 1100 Tanks, after a Amphibia Landing in Chittagong, and after securing the Airbase of Decca the South India Front Have now reached Calcutta, and the Main Army, (Nothern India Front) have yet not meet any relevant resistance and are moving onwards to Dehli and Karatchi.

I find it very strange, that I have yet not meet any relevant resistance, and this brings up the question i have,
What kind of General Fighting Power, did/do the British (Allies) have in India Summer of 1942?

The only Force i have noticed, is around 500 Armor Vhecles and 100 000 Men located at Asnoal, and
a small Force at Calcutta, who Shock Attacked my first Arriving Units to Calcutta, taking some 5500 Men casulties for only 150 of mine.

The Force at Calcutta is only 3 Brigades + 2nd and 18th Division.
I assume he Intend to use the forse at Asnoal as a MRF. (Mechanised Reaction Force).

I wonder how is the Allied Fighting Capability in 1942?
I was prepared to meet an enemy, Heavily Dug In with at least 750 000 men, with Superior Armor and Gunns, Great Moral, and who at least 100 000 of was American, but now i start to wonder if i shall recall my Convois who is transporting in more soldiers?

I have red in a few History Books, and Rented a Few History Documentareys regarding India in 1942, and General Allied Fighting Capability in 1942, and have of course lerned alot, but now i ask you your opinion?

[image]
[/image]

[[image][/image]

< Message edited by High Command -- 8/21/2007 10:04:40 PM >

ACCOUNT TO BE DELEATED
Post #: 1
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 10:01:22 PM   
Mike Solli

Sorry, I play the Japanese exclusively so I can't help you.  All I can say is that welcome to the feeble AI.  Play against a human opponent and you'll have a challenge on your hands (compared to the AI).

(in reply to High Command)
Post #: 2
RE: British Combat Resourses - 8/21/2007 10:01:38 PM   
Wolfie1

From what you say, it looks like your opponent has used the "Brave Sir Robin" strategy (run away to fight another day) The British certainly have more combat power than you have encountered, so I expect it's probably lurking at Bombay/Karachi.

Personally I don't like that strategy and usually aim to give the Japs a bloody nose at Rangoon

Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.....

Post #: 3
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 10:02:39 PM   
High Command

Hey

The Game is Aiganst an Human, and I for sure do have a Challange at my Hands.
Just woundering if he is hiding his Army to Attack my Flank or something...

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 10:13:38 PM   
Mike Solli

Oops, didn't realize that.  Given that, then he's definitely hiding from you.  Go with what Wolfie said.  Be careful though.  Allied air power builds up very quickly and they can cut off your ground forces.  Things can get ugly very fast.

Post #: 5
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 10:56:32 PM   
High Command

Interesting.

Ye.. your properbly right, he must be hiding his Army for me.
Wounder what reasons he can have..

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 6
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 11:55:31 PM   
Wolfie1

quote:

ORIGINAL: High Command

Interesting.

Ye.. your properbly right, he must be hiding his Army for me.
Wounder what reasons he can have..

As I said, it's a recognised Allied strategy - run away everything until about May'42 to keep them intact and then counterattack. Not one I agree with but it is done.

Post #: 7
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 11:56:35 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfie1

As I said, it's a recognised Allied strategy - run away everything until about May'42 to keep them intact and then counterattack. Not one I agree with but it is done.

Boy, you ain't kidding, Rick.

(in reply to Wolfie1)
Post #: 8
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/21/2007 11:57:15 PM   
Feinder

It really depends on where your opponent has put his guys.

In stock, July 42, he should have suffient guys to defend with.  I couldn't give you list of how many divisions he'd have.  But there are quite a few things that a bit variable...
1.  What did he do with the Dutch guys in SRA?  Are they Oz?  Are they in India?  Did he pull back anything at all?  Or just stand and die?  Believe it or not, all those Dutch guys, even with rebuilds, can be equivilant to about 600 AV.
2.  What happened to his army in Malaya?  Did they all just surrender, never to be seen from again?  Did he rescue fragments?  If only fragments, these guys are still going to be in sorry shape in July 42.  If these guys are perma-dead thats one thing, but otherwise these guys could be recouping somewhere.  Given that most of the Malaya army starts at 1/3 str, you're looking at anything from 50 AV (fragments) to about 300 AV in rebuilds (by July).
3.  Same question about Burma?  Did these guys escape or surrender?  Another 50 AV - 600 AV (in July) depending on whether it was a fragment that was saved (50 AV), the units were routed (about 250 AV), or retreated in good order thru the passes (about 600 AV).
4.  If the answer to all 3 of the above is "surrender with perma-death" (no saved fragment), he -will- be hurting for guys.
5.  What abou the 6(?) Chinese divisions assigned to SEAC?  You would know if they had time to march into Burma.  Altho you can completely air-lift these guys into India (altho it takes a while).  They equal about 650 AV.
6.  Frankly, I don't remember exactly what is availble to India without any of the above.  It feels like about 6 full strenth divisions (350 AV each), about 8 brigades (or partial divs) about 110 AV each, and 3 - 4 Arm Bdes (some full, some half, about 300 AV total), plus about 8 Art Regiments.  But if he doesn't have anything from the above, "I'd be alittle concerned" (as UK).
7.  Is he new?  New players don't push units forward fast enough.  It could well be he's got 6 reinforcment divisions sitting in Karachi.

All that being said...

[rant]
I have also often wondered how accurate the OBs for Japanese divisions are.  WitP is very generous to have every Japanese division allocated as a "square" (4 regiments historically, but WitP only divides into 3), all at full strength.  The average Japanese division is about 460 AV.  Whereas Allied divsisions are "triangles" (3 regiments), which even at full strenght are only about 340 AV on an good day.  While the paper-work on the Allied divisions is readily available (both on the good or poor condition), much of the Japanese OB is simply taken from a paper representation of how the IJA organized itself.  IMO it does not account for the "very great probability" that IJA divisions, just like their Allied counterparts, were considerably stronger on paper than they were in the field (due to variety of reasons).  But while the documentation is generally available on the -real- status of the Allied LCUs (and has been oft reflected in-game), much of the information on the true status of the IJA either not available (fire-bombing campains tend to destroy paperwork), and the OBs of the IJA has been larged accepted by what it was "supposed to be on paper".

But that's just my opinion.  I am not scholar on OBs, and even if there were accurate native records available on Japanese OBs, I don't read Japanese, so it wouldn't do me any good.  But I do question the "uniformly large, fully outfitted, and extremely well equipped" status of most IJA divsions represented in WitP.
[/rant]

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Post #: 9
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/22/2007 12:02:52 AM   
VSWG

quote:

That's not what I would call a "small force". I doubt you will be able to dislodge them from Calcutta quickly - if at all!

Maybe your opponent wants to lure your main force deeper inland, and then counter-attack from Calcutta + maybe a naval landing at Chittadong? This would trap your troops inland and cut their supply lines.

What's happening in the air? Do you have air supremacy? Did he commit the RAF at all? By now he should be able to throw a lot of British squadrons at you...

Post #: 10
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/22/2007 12:04:12 AM   
High Command

1.  I think the ones in SRA are all Encerkled and Dead.
2. I think the ones in Malaya are all Encerkled and Dead.
3. I think the ones in Burma, have all but 2 Regements, Retreated to Decca, and later on to Calcutta.
5. I have not met any Chinese as far as i know in this area.
7. No he is Very Experienced -- Thats why im conserned, when i dont Faind any Hevy Resistense as i Expected... Im feering that he is up to something...

We are playing CHS160

Well.. I would claim i have Air Supiriorety now.. In Fighters, it feels like i outnumber him 2-1, and in Bombers... well you know how the B17's are.

After i Got the Major Airbase at Decca, i feel that the only threat with his air, are the Navel Attack.
My aifroce have been buissy with sinking 3 Brittish Battleships, and now the 4th is Pinned down in Calcutta, heavely dammaged.. Im bombing it from time to time, to finaly sink the 4th one.. and to fight his High Altetude Hevy Bombers just got arround 100 Tojos up into that area, IMHO that caused his "Daly" Bombings to stop, and now its only from time to time. I still feel i have Air Supiriorety at this time...

His force in Calcutta is of course not "Small", but its alot Smaller then i would expected. Thats why im bringing up all the Artillery Gunns, but now it semes it would be no 6 month sige anyway...

< Message edited by High Command -- 8/22/2007 12:09:35 AM >

ACCOUNT TO BE DELEATED

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 11
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/22/2007 12:08:42 AM   
Wolfie1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfie1

Boy, you ain't kidding, Rick.

Does the "Steel Reef" a Port Blair still haunt you

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 12
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/22/2007 12:10:38 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

quote:

That's not what I would call a "small force". I doubt you will be able to dislodge them from Calcutta quickly - if at all!

Maybe your opponent wants to lure your main force deeper inland, and then counter-attack from Calcutta + maybe a naval landing at Chittadong? This would trap your troops inland and cut their supply lines.

What's happening in the air? Do you have air supremacy? Did he commit the RAF at all? By now he should be able to throw a lot of British squadrons at you...

I agree with VSWG. That is not a little force. Calcutta is an urban hex which means x4 for his AV IIRC. You may need as much as 6 or more divisions to push him out.

India is vulnerable early but hardly toothless. By late 42 he will have enough reinforcements to start pushing you back out of India.

I'm not going to get into too much strategy here for fear of giving away your opponents game plan. But in one of my PBEMs my opponent invaded India much the same way. He was stopped cold at the Gangees.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 13
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/22/2007 12:15:23 AM   
High Command

ye of course, thay are on the way, i just arrived with the first groups there now.
Anyway, it semes UK is supose to have alot more units then i have seen so far, so i take it i should be prepered for his countrattack.
I will still be moving in the 5 other divitions anyway i think, and then will see how it developes.

Anyway, thanks for your advise.

ACCOUNT TO BE DELEATED

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 14
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/23/2007 5:54:29 AM   
JeffroK

Cover your rear bases, a RN sortie from Colombo into a supply choke point could get embarrasing, thisattack could be supported by 2 CV & 1 CVL plus LBA in conjunction with a thrust from China.

Plus, while you are doing all this in India, whats happening back in SWPAC?

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Post #: 15
RE: British Combat Capabilityes - 8/23/2007 4:28:20 PM   
ny59giants

I am in early 4/42 as the Allies playing CHS 158, so I could tell you what is missing from the OOB of what is facing you in India. However, I do not want to give that intel to my opponent.
I will say that Calcutta will be difficult to capture due to the urban bonus. I still have Manila and the urban bonus is the only reason it still survives.   You will need LBA on AF attack and possibly BB TF to eat up supply before you will be able to take it. 

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> British Combat Capabilityes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI