Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Countdown begins!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> The Countdown begins! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Countdown begins! - 8/27/2007 1:15:03 AM   
uncleharpoon

AGSI, in concert with Matrix Games, has finished edits on the manual today. We should now be about four weeks from shipping. Stand by for the official press release from Matrix Games.

And...we (Matrix and AGSI) are looking for a Sysop for this forum. If you want to apply, send me a note as to why you are qualfied and I'll send that along with my comments to Matrix for their consideration.

Post #: 1
RE: The Countdown begins! - 8/27/2007 7:24:46 AM   
mack2

Awesome.

ps, thanks for the PM tonye, for some reason I could not send a reply :/

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 2
RE: The Countdown begins! - 8/27/2007 10:30:10 PM   
dyoox01

Great news! But,it's still a month away?

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 3
RE: The Countdown begins! - 8/28/2007 12:33:40 PM   
EXRANPO

Deja Vu

Am happy to hear the news but greet it with some degree of trepidation.... seems to me it was a month away about a month ago.....

I shall, as always, sit and wait for the game to be published as I have for some years and try to remain patient.

(in reply to dyoox01)
Post #: 4
RE: The Countdown begins! - 8/30/2007 9:12:55 PM   
casquid1027

Where and when will this game be released? "The world wonders..." I am anxiously awaiting with a worm on my tongue...

Post #: 5
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/7/2007 10:11:55 PM   
BlindOldUmp

Ok - that announcement was posted on the 28th of August. 30 days from then would be the 27th of September. Right ?? So just to make sure HCCE gets the right hype (Not that it needs any Hype) Matrix will put up the **Announcing!!!!** page 2 weeks in advance....... hmmm - That means that on Wednsday September 12 (Or there-abouts) we should see another official announcement of some kind - This time from Matrix. Does that sound about right or should I put my Crystal Ball(tm) away again ......... ???

--
"Patience is the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties. ..."
It is a required asset when dealing with software development.

[%-{)> T-Rex <><
aka Skip Reed

Post #: 6
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/9/2007 2:09:25 PM   
EXRANPO

Skip,

I get the feeling it would not be prudent to be holding your breath whilst waiting. Whilst blue is a great colour for a uniform it does not make a good skin tone.

I somehow get the feeling that it will be advertised and released when Matrix is good and ready and not with any sense of urgency in order to meet the needs of those who will actually be buying the game.

(in reply to BlindOldUmp)
Post #: 7
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/9/2007 11:03:19 PM   
uncleharpoon

Howdy

The time to create PRINTED MANUALS for those wishing to add some heft to the box is well worth it!!!  Of course there may be issues at the printers or some odd thing but we are simply waiting on basic logistics now - not debugging or coding issues. 

Post #: 8
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/11/2007 7:58:24 PM   
cuthbo2001

What's the time frame now I've lost track! I know HCCE is an improvement upon HC but do we have to add authenticity by moving at the same speed as evolution? 

Post #: 9
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/13/2007 2:28:23 AM   
BlindOldUmp

Well It's the 12 - though it isn't quite midnight yet ....... so I guess I'll put my Crystal Ball(tm) away. I guess it was foggy - No real surprise there. Should be downloading by the End of September 2007 according to the last official word though so maybe we can get our credit cards out of the freezer ...... Don't do it on my account though. I kinda feel like the one vulture who told the other vulture in the middle of a drought that Patience was somewhat over-rated & he was going to kill the next edible thing that wandered by ........

NEW Fresh Printed manuals ...... I think I still have one of those from some version from back in the dim dark past ..... Somewhere .....

(in reply to cuthbo2001)
Post #: 10
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/13/2007 1:39:09 PM   
EXRANPO

Skip,

All we can do is be patient...... I have had a look at a few other threads and it would appear that Harpoon is not the only game that people have been waiting for to come out.

Just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it in the end.

How do you think I feel - I am in the land down under and will have to wait even longer - I am not sure how it works now but it used to be that a game for pc had to be produced differently for the US than it did for Australia, and from memory there was a delay in Australians being able to buy Harpoon ANW when it was released - something to do with the online shop and purchasing methods I think. I always by hard copy with the manuals so at least I have a really cool book to leave on the edge of my desk at work so people ask me all about the game.

Anyhow - roll on the day of release - whenever that may be...... my wife is making sure I do not buy any other toys between now and the release of Harpoon.

Cheers and beers,

Rod

Post #: 11
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/13/2007 5:43:10 PM   
mack2

quote:

How do you think I feel - I am in the land down under and will have to wait even longer

Well that's just peachy :mad:

Will we at least be able to choose the "download + boxed" version and download it straight away?

(in reply to EXRANPO)
Post #: 12
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/14/2007 12:58:55 AM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: EXRANPO

my wife is making sure I do not buy any other toys between now and the release of Harpoon.

That's just doubly bad luck! She is one clever woman to be sure.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to EXRANPO)
Post #: 13
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/14/2007 5:19:36 AM   
Bungle

Hmm, been interstate for a bit (the lovely but windy Yorke Peninsular) so behind on the gossip.......... 

The countdown begins huh?  Okey dokey....... two hundred thousand green bottles sitting on the wall, two hundred thousand green bottles sitting on the wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally get stuck at the printers.............

New screen shots look pretty trick, getting excited.....  One thing I find, not troubling so much unusual lets say, is that patches are being written before the product is on the shelf.  Unusual industry gaming software!

The Bungle

The Bungle

"As so often happens, it's the self-proclaimed
peacemakers that you really have to watch out for."

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 14
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/14/2007 4:44:43 PM   
EXRANPO

My dear lady wife is as clever as she is beautiful.

Have just spent a heap of money restoring an old car and she is kinda twitchy when I mention spending money. The car is just about finished but am waiting for some people to do stuff to finish the job and there is a little more money to be spent on it yet. She does know that I have been waiting a very long time for HCCE to be released and she was impressed by the fact that I declined the offer to by ANW to wait for this.

And that is one of the reasons I am really keen to see the game released.

Rod

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 15
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/14/2007 6:54:54 PM   
mack2

Whipped ;p

(in reply to EXRANPO)
Post #: 16
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/14/2007 11:32:42 PM   
BlindOldUmp

quote:

ORIGINAL: mack2

quote:

How do you think I feel - I am in the land down under and will have to wait even longer

Well that's just peachy :mad:

Will we at least be able to choose the "download + boxed" version and download it straight away?

That is standard procedure here in the States but I refuse to speak for your neighborhood ........ I've been north of the North Coast and East of the South Coast but never West of the Left Coast ....

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 17
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/15/2007 5:13:26 AM   
EXRANPO

Skip,

Guess we will have to wait and see. As for being west of the west coast - you really should try down under sometime - it is a pretty neat place to be.

Cheers,

Rod

Post #: 18
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/16/2007 3:05:10 PM   
Bungle

Aww thats right EXRAN, we go to all that expense building refugee holding pens and there you go inviting in the riff RAAF (oops!), the riff raff  , to the damn country

*Bungle waits to hear if an F111 is taking off over yonder hill* hmm probably cant operate computers, should be safe!

Anyhoo enough of the banter, any more signs of HCCE progress?

The Bungle

(in reply to EXRANPO)
Post #: 19
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/16/2007 8:47:08 PM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bungle

Aww thats right EXRAN, we go to all that expense building refugee holding pens and there you go inviting in the riff RAAF (oops!), the riff raff  , to the damn country

*Bungle waits to hear if an F111 is taking off over yonder hill* hmm probably cant operate computers, should be safe!

Anyhoo enough of the banter, any more signs of HCCE progress?

Sorry, too busy feuding in the Harpoon 3 forum I haven't heard anything, but the building and testing of the first patch progresses. I'll find it unique and interesting if we release the patch before the game .

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Bungle)
Post #: 20
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/16/2007 11:59:28 PM   
Hertston

Quick question to inform my usual "do I really need a box copy" decision... how many pages long is the manual?

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 21
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/17/2007 12:13:23 AM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Quick question to inform my usual "do I really need a box copy" decision... how many pages long is the manual?

The last copy of the manual I saw is 111 pages in MS Word, that is before the screenshots were placed. The material is in large part the same as previous HC manuals so if you have a complete HC97 manual set for instance I would consider this printed manual optional. It has some new material but probably not worth an additional $10 imho. Now if you don't have previous HC manuals, definitely worth $10 or more imho.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 22
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/17/2007 2:04:46 AM   
Bungle

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

Sorry, too busy feuding in the Harpoon 3 forum I haven't heard anything, but the building and testing of the first patch progresses. I'll find it unique and interesting if we release the patch before the game .

Feuding? Over at H3? Really? Wow Im staggered, amazed even..................

Hmm, maybe I should go over Nothing like watching the same thing repeated over and over and over and over and ............thanks I needed that!

You know I rather like the idea of a patch being ready before the game, the facial expressions ................ If only it was April

The Bungle

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 23
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/18/2007 4:00:59 PM   
BlindOldUmp

Always sounded like it but do you really need any more old fat civillians on those beaches

(in reply to EXRANPO)
Post #: 24
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/18/2007 10:20:34 PM   
dyoox01

Is a release next week possible? I'm still a little bit worried that there is no pr/marketing for the game on the main page.

Post #: 25
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/19/2007 8:20:54 AM   
mack2

Yep, there definately should be something on the frontpage.

(in reply to dyoox01)
Post #: 26
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/19/2007 2:44:23 PM   
EXRANPO

Skip,

Always plenty of space down under for more people - we do have other stuff than beaches you know..... One of my favourite spots is down by the bay, sitting in a pub looking out over a (small) marina eating a 1 kilo t-bone steak with eggs, chips and onions and a couple of nice cold beers........

As for civilians...... well I guess ex service folk are civilians once they hit the streets..... we just jump higher when an alarm goes off or something......

Cheers,

Rod

Post #: 27
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/19/2007 2:46:45 PM   
EXRANPO

Folks,

By the distinct lack of frenzied action and definite lack of updates in here, I would say that if it ain't advertised by now then it won't be out in September..... maybe in a month or so.......

Hang in there all and try to be patient........ perhaps if we wait quietly then it may come a bit sooner.

Cheers,

Rod

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 28
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/22/2007 6:22:28 PM   
mack2

Any new news 

(in reply to EXRANPO)
Post #: 29
RE: The Countdown begins! - 9/22/2007 7:57:23 PM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: mack2

Any new news 

There was a hiccup of sorts putting the screenshots into the manual, now we return you to your regularly scheduled football games...

< Message edited by TonyE -- 9/22/2007 8:00:22 PM >

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> The Countdown begins! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI