Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Testing of Patch 1.10.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Testing of Patch 1.10.5 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 4:01:19 AM   
Gil R.

Before we release this next major patch, we want at least a week of public beta-testing to make sure that we haven't missed anything in internal testing. Obviously, you should alert us to any bugs or CTD's that didn't come up, but the main reason for public testing is to see whether the changes we made to eliminate the CSA AI's "hordes" is working as desired, and isn't either leaving hordes in place (which I'm quite sure it doesn't) or making the CSA too weak now (which it possibly does). We will use this public-beta feedback forum to discuss any matters pertaining to this patch, while the main forum will be for other issues. In other words, please only discuss the patch in here!

Thank you for your input!

Oh, I almost forgot: the patch is supposed to be in the Members Only area. I'd check myself, but can't remember my password.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Post #: 1
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 4:20:54 AM   
Gil R.

By the way, here's the patch documentation:

Forge of Freedom Version History V1.10.5
-------------------------------------------------------------

* Quick Battle *
- Increased chance for retreating units to surrender a small amount in quick combat.

- Decreased the defensive effects of forts/terrain slightly.

* Detailed Battle *
- Supply caissons that are part of military groups should not appear behind the line of battle more frequently.

- Attacks/counter-attacks that do less than 25 casualties damage now do not consume supply.

- Fixed a facing problem bug with AI.

- Supply levels of brigades now displayed when a supply caisson is the currently active unit.

- Increased chance of smashing forts by 10% per attack.

- Lowered the quality of some of the auto-created garrison units.

- Rule change: Reinforcements arriving with the "rail bonus" enter the map fresh.

* Sieges *
- Rule Change: Two Siege Phases. There are now two siege phases, one before movement and one after. Many siege values have been halved to compensate for the fact that there are now two siege phases.

- Encirclement siege: all units now do flat rate of damage (except for defending cavalry, which are unchanged). Adjusted the siege progress rate.

- Increased the minimum chance of making siege progress, and increased the minimum damage done by regular infantry.

* AI *
- Tweaked AI's allocation of generals.

- Scripted CS AI not specifically to target Ft. Monroe.

* Interface *
- Fixed bug that allowed player to detach enemy brigades from forts.

- Wounded generals are now automatically removed from any military groups.

- Main screen: The 'w' key repeats the last weapon purchase you made, attempting to buy that weapon for all currently selected units. (Remember you can select more than one unit by CTRL+Left Clicking in the Attachment Box.)

- Fixed CTD related to clicking on extreme edges of the map.

- Unit Quality is now reported with a finer grain of detail in the Overview Statistics screen.

- New feature: City list should now mark cities that can no longer build buildings because full.

* Generals *
- Changed distribution of stats for randomly generated generals.

* Units *
- Increased quality gained by Raiders/Partisans that are successful in a mission from .1 to .5.

* Economy *
- Changed Infantry Labor cost from 50 to 30.

- Camps in provinces that have zero Men provide half the normal level of reinforcements (replacements).

- Fixed bug in governor attitude update. Governors should now properly:
* Lose 1 attitude for every province containing enemy units each turn.
* Lose attitude for unmet brigade demands.
* Lose attitude for low levels of National Will.

- Changed Muster Rule: Base muster now recruits an infantry of 2,000 strength and 2.0 Quality. Governors that support Muster now increase the strength of mustered units to by 500 and their Quality by .5.

- Changed Conscription Rule: Base Quality for conscripted units is now 1.7 (instead of 1.8).

- Rule Change, National Will loss for losing cities:
All cities now cause a loss of National Will when captured in addition to any losses that might be incurred from the state capital loss rule. The amount of National Will lost is 1+Maximum Population of the Province/5; the U.S. player loses an additional point of National Will for the loss of any city. Additionally, all players now gain exactly one point of National Will when they capture any city.

- Increased chance of ships damaging Blockade Runners to 25%.

* Upgrades *
- "War Department" upgrade now reduces the cost of infantry by 20 Money (instead of 10).

- "Cavalry Department" upgrade now reduces the cost of cavalry by 30 Money (instead of 20).

* Scenarios *
- Updated scenario files with improved OOBs and generals data.

- Some generals may now enter the scenario attached to the proper military group.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 5:28:33 AM   
Johnus

Tell me please that one will now get credit for captured cities.

Also, I don't see the patch in the members download section.

< Message edited by Johnnie -- 8/31/2007 5:33:17 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 5:33:09 AM   
Gil R.

That's not in the list of fixes? Well, all I can say is, I guess we're also beta-testing the patch documentation!

(Translation: Yes, you do.)

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 4
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 5:42:49 AM   
Johnus

Gil: 

Thank you much for the prompt response.  Still don't see patch in members downloads.  Perhaps you beat them to it.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 5:52:50 AM   
Gil R.

I believe it's in the members only area, the one you have to log into.

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 6
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 6:31:24 AM   
Johnus

Gil:

Nope.  Not there yet.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 6:38:09 AM   
Gil R.

You're sure? The Matrix person who deals with such things e-mail me this afternoon to say he had just uploaded it. Has anyone found it?

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 8
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 9:50:22 AM   
soeren01

Do Gouvernours still lose attitude if you can't build buildings he requests/demands because the city has reachd the 30 buildings limit ?

soeren01, formerly known as Soeren
CoG FoF
PacWar WIR BoB BTR UV WITP WITE WITW

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 12:19:56 PM   
fvianello

I've just checked and I can't see the patch neither

< Message edited by HanBarca -- 8/31/2007 12:20:13 PM >

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 10
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 1:33:14 PM   
jecunningham

Ditto here, the patch is not there.

Jim Cunningham

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 11
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 4:02:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'll double check this.

[Edit]: Should be visible now, there was an incorrect setting that I just fixed.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 8/31/2007 4:03:15 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jecunningham)
Post #: 12
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 4:32:06 PM   
fvianello

quote:

double check this.

yep, it's working now

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 13
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 6:13:50 PM   
sirduke_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: soeren01

Do Gouvernours still lose attitude if you can't build buildings he requests/demands because the city has reachd the 30 buildings limit ?

Anyone have an answer to the question, i was wondering the same thing?

(in reply to soeren01)
Post #: 14
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 9:51:40 PM   
Motomouse

Patch Feedback

quote:

Supply levels of brigades now displayed when a supply caisson is the currently active unit.

thats a nice addition, really helps!

Started a Southern Steel Game on the advanced settings as the Union. Definitly no CSA Hordes so far. Union blockade enacted, invested a lot of money in european diplomacy. After the succesfull siege of Fort Johnston the Union won the First Battle of Bull Run by a narrow margin (as attacker). The AI accomplished a coordinated attack on my right flank (perhaps the AI achieved this unconsciously ) and I had to shift my better quality divisions to this side to gain the win.

(By the way the Ai even tried to outflank me on the right, if this was not by chance, my compliments. I want my brigade level detailled battles in COG addon or COG 2)

Thanks for the good work on the game, will keep you updated on my experiences with the beta patch.

Regards
Motomouse

(in reply to sirduke_slith)
Post #: 15
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 8/31/2007 10:33:45 PM   
jecunningham

Ignore my post, I unzipped a second time and the patch installer worked fine.

-Jim

I'm getting this error when I launch the patch installer exe

C:\Matrix Games\Forge of Freedom\Forge of Freedom-UpdateDR-v1105.exe
An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

-Jim Cunningham

< Message edited by jecunningham -- 8/31/2007 11:59:10 PM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 16
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 1:07:58 AM   
Johnus

I still don't get the patch.  I log in to members, try members downloads and only see the last patch.

Anyone ??

(in reply to jecunningham)
Post #: 17
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 1:13:37 AM   
Johnus

Guys:

I found it under "registered dowloads" not "members downloads."

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 18
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 2:39:21 AM   
Ironclad

It also can be downloaded through My Games (listing your registered games).

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 19
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 4:02:21 AM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: savedbythrbell
quote:

ORIGINAL: soeren01

Anyone have an answer to the question, i was wondering the same thing?

I just checked and for some reason that wasn't on my list of things to fix, though now that you ask about it I do remember discussing this before. I'll add it to my list. Thanks! And sorry for the oversight.

(in reply to sirduke_slith)
Post #: 20
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 4:16:23 AM   
Johnus

Motomouse:

You should not be fighting the first battle of bull run in Southern Steel. I believe Southern Steel begins in November and assumes first bull run has been fought and lost historically.

(in reply to Motomouse)
Post #: 21
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 8:24:18 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Before we release this next major patch, we want at least a week of public beta-testing to make sure that we haven't missed anything in internal testing. Obviously, you should alert us to any bugs or CTD's that didn't come up, but the main reason for public testing is to see whether the changes we made to eliminate the CSA AI's "hordes" is working as desired, and isn't either leaving hordes in place (which I'm quite sure it doesn't) or making the CSA too weak now (which it possibly does). We will use this public-beta feedback forum to discuss any matters pertaining to this patch, while the main forum will be for other issues. In other words, please only discuss the patch in here!

Thank you for your input!

Oh, I almost forgot: the patch is supposed to be in the Members Only area. I'd check myself, but can't remember my password.

Ok I've had no CTD's.
Thanks

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 22
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 12:27:55 PM   
Motomouse

quote:

Johnnie @ Motomouse:

You should not be fighting the first battle of bull run in Southern Steel. I believe Southern Steel begins in November and assumes first bull run has been fought and lost historically.

Thanks for the info. My fault, the engine titled it as battle of fredericksburg anyway. I am no expert in ACW history (location Europe ), yet games like FOF and AACW managed to raise my interest and i am reading battlecry of freedom right now.

Regards Motomouse

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 23
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 1:36:00 PM   
rockmedic109

Coming Fury.  Allied player, CSA AI.

I've noticed a major drop in the number of starting USA Generals.  Did several restarts with same results.  No McClellan in about ten starts. 

Did the patch reduce the number of Generals available early in the game {perhaps a way to simulate poor Union leadership early in the war}?

Do the 100%ers that do not start and have a "0" start date ever come in?  First generals to show up were Meade and Reynolds {start date 15 in the commanders.txt file}?

(in reply to Motomouse)
Post #: 24
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 8:49:52 PM   
Gil R.

There's been no reduction. What you're seeing is the result of the change that lets most of the Turn 1 generals start off where they did historically, instead of James River/Potomac River. Look for McClellan in that division in western Virginia, and look inside your other armies/corps/divisions to see your other generals.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Coming Fury. Allied player, CSA AI.

I've noticed a major drop in the number of starting USA Generals. Did several restarts with same results. No McClellan in about ten starts.

Did the patch reduce the number of Generals available early in the game {perhaps a way to simulate poor Union leadership early in the war}?

Do the 100%ers that do not start and have a "0" start date ever come in? First generals to show up were Meade and Reynolds {start date 15 in the commanders.txt file}?

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 25
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 10:39:21 PM   
ericbabe

We should document this better in the version history.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 26
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/1/2007 10:39:54 PM   
Ironclad

The readme doesn't mention the additional CSA forts in Southern Steel.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 27
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/2/2007 2:07:56 AM   
rockmedic109

Nope. McClellan is nowhere to be found. Same with Hancock.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

There's been no reduction. What you're seeing is the result of the change that lets most of the Turn 1 generals start off where they did historically, instead of James River/Potomac River. Look for McClellan in that division in western Virginia, and look inside your other armies/corps/divisions to see your other generals.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Coming Fury. Allied player, CSA AI.

I've noticed a major drop in the number of starting USA Generals. Did several restarts with same results. No McClellan in about ten starts.

Do the 100%ers that do not start and have a "0" start date ever come in? First generals to show up were Meade and Reynolds {start date 15 in the commanders.txt file}?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 28
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/2/2007 12:33:00 PM   
Gideon Stargrave

Is the invincible gunboat bug fixed?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 29
RE: Testing of Patch 1.10.5 - 9/2/2007 3:28:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ryan Jackson
Is the invincible gunboat bug fixed?

As far as I know, yes.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Gideon Stargrave)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Testing of Patch 1.10.5 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI