Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oponen Wanted CHS160 --- Thread Closed ---

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Oponen Wanted CHS160 --- Thread Closed --- Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oponen Wanted CHS160 --- Thread Closed --- - 9/15/2007 10:22:46 AM   
High Command

Hello

A Oponent is wanted for a CHS160 Game.

I Consider myself to be a Very Reliable Player, and have never quitted any game, nor will I ever do that.
I have Played Uncommon Valour for a few years, and War in the Pacific now for 2 Games.

Im extremly comitted, and able to play 1 Round every day, and several rounds in the Weekends, but have as a preference that we agree on at least 1 round pr day.
This means 1 Round pr Day at least 90% of the time, So if any uf us have a heavy woork week, vacation or whatever, a brake for x days is of course possible if neccesary, in this case we first agree on Email or Msn in advance.

Im looking for a Very Commited Player, that is Very Experienced/Very Skilled, Im able to play either side, but prefere the Japanese side.

I have a Modified Ruleset below, that i suggest is used, this adds a new leavel of realism, as you know, Wake could never support 40 000 men (well unless thay stand on top of eachother..) so the ruleset below includes a Atoll Stacking Regulation and some other rules, that is there to improve Realism Only.

It would be nice if you have MSN or simuler, for us to discuss the game some before we start, afterall its an extreme time investment, and i consider it important that we both are sure on all the aspects before we start this game.
Future more, i have had a Game more or less destroyed by a Bugg, i would like us also to discuss, so we can avoid it (or them if sevral).

Im ok with both negotiating and adding rules to the set, if you have any preferences.

For Preferences i prefere:

CHS160
Allied Sub Doctrines - Whatever you prefere
Japan Sub Doctrines - Off
Historicle First Turn - Off - (But First turn is heavely regulated by House Rules)
Reinforcements - +60/-60
Fog Of War - On
1 Round = 1 Day
PDU - ON
Historicle Suprice - Whatever you prefere

CHS 160

Japan Specific
1. The KB may not hang around Pearl Harbor after 7 DEC 41. It may only conduct the 7 DEC 41 raid and must leave the area to a distance of not less than 30 hexes from Pearl Harbor and remain at least this distance from Pearl Harbor for a period of not less than one week. KB may moved NW, W, SW after Pearl Harbor.
2. Kwangtung army units may not leave Manchuria without spending PPs to do so.
3. No Kamikaze attacks above 28,000 ft to prevent ‘warping’ of Kamikaze fighters that are over Allied fighter ceilings.
4. If all Russian bases are captured, a garrison must be maintained at Russian map entry points to simulate defense from Russia reinforcements. Urumchi – 500 AV, Abakan – 2000 AV, Krasnoyarsh – 2000 AV.
5. If all Chinese bases are captured, a garrison of 4000 AV must be maintained at Chungking.
6. Japan may not attack Aden.
7. No garrison required at Karachi because British arrive at Aden. No garrison required in Indian bases because no in game units present from the Indian National Army.
8. Any air unit named as a ‘Training unit’ (ie ##th Training Sentai) may not be used in combat except for defensive CAP in Manchukuo or the Home Islands, or if they are converted to Kamikaze.
9. The construction of at least one of the two Shinano ships MUST always be halted. The Japanese player is only permitted to be building ONE of the ships at any time. The player may halt both ships if they wish, or switch construction between the two ships at any time as long as one of them always remains halted. If by some error BOTH Shinanos are launched, then BOTH must be scuttled immediately as soon as this is discovered by either player.
PDU Restrictions
10. Only Glen floatplanes on subs (and Glens on subs only). I-400 Subs can equip Seiran floatplanes.
11. Only ‘A’ series naval fighters/fighter-bombers on carriers, except the A6M3 which was not carrier capable due to its fixed wingtips (A6M3a is okay for carriers).
12. Japanese Dive Bomber units that upgrade to level bombers may only upgrade to the Lily/Randy path (Ki-48-I >> Ki-48-II >> Ki102b)

Allied Specific
1. LCUs and Air Groups under China Command may not leave the borders of China for any reason. Political Points may not be spent to change their command to circumvent this rule either. The only exception is the AVG Fighter Group as it starts in Burma and also spent most of it’s time fighting there. Note that there are several Chinese divisions that start the game under the Southeast command. This restriction does not apply to them. Any air groups that the allies transfer to China Command must remain under China Command for the duration of the game to simulate lend lease agreements.
2. No Corsair's allowed on US CV's until 1/44 except for air transport missions.
3. The 2nd Marine division may be divided on/after the first turn. One of the 3 groups created may deploy to the Central or South Pacific immediately. The other 2 groups created by dividing the parent unit and all other Division-sized Marine Corps LCUs must remain on the continental US until 1 JUN 42 or in the event that Port Moresby, the Hawaiian islands, or Panama falls into Japanese hands whichever comes first. Historically, one brigade of the 2nd Marine division was deployed to Samoa on 24 DEC 41. The 1st Marine division invaded Guadalcanal on 7 AUG 42. The 1 JUN 42 date should be a sufficient restriction to prevent them from being able to stage a counterattack with Marines until roughly this date.
4. No withdrawal of Allied LCU's from Malaya, Phillipines, or Dutch East Indies until Singapore, Manila, Palembang, Batavia, or Soerabaja is under LCU attack. This applies separately for each area. The only exception to this rule is in the case that a unit is located in a hex without a retreat route in one of these areas. It may then be evacuated via sea or air.
5. No Naval Attack by Allied land based bombers (2E bombers) under 1000', until 1/43.
6. 4E bombers may never attack below 9000’.
7. PT boats may not combine with other surface ships in a TF except to transfer to another base.
8. No more than 6 PT boats in a TF.
9. No more than 3 PT boat TF’s at the same port.
10. HMS Implacable’s fighters should remain Seafires, as Corsairs and Hellcats were too large to operate from this carrier.
11. All Australian nationality Brigade and Division LCUs are only allowed to move within Australia Proper and New Guinea (including New Britain but NOT Dutch New Guinea). The exception is all Australian LCUs of this size that are designated as AIF units, e.g. 9th Division AIF; the two AIF Brigades that start in Malaya. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than ANZAC Command, and still applies even if a Division or Brigade is split into smaller units. There are no restrictions for Australian air units, other than the normal restrictions that apply to air units that are assigned to the ANZAC Command restricted HQ.

PDU Restrictions
1. No Allied two-engine bomber units may upgrade to four-engine units except for those units listed here:
Allied units that upgrade to 4 engine bombers:
Bombardment groups
2nd
3rd
19th
21st
23rd
26th
27th
29th
31st
33rd
36th
38th
42nd
72nd
74th
98th
397th
406th
408th
431st
VB- groups
No.321 Squadron RAF
VP-2

First turn Japanese & Allied restrictions

1. KB must either attack Pearl Harbor or Manilla or move to a major base – Truk, Palau, Saipan, Home Islands, Shanghai, Formosa, Saigon, or Haiphong. IE – KB may not hunt US carriers for the first two days.
2. Allies can only move those TF’s which are already formed. They may not form any new TFs. The Allies are free to do carry out orders with units in China under China Command.
3. No Allied port or airfield attacks on day 1.
4. The Allied player must ensure that Soviet aircraft are not assigned orders other than CAP or training.

Restrictions that apply to Both Sides:
1. Submarines: No submarine invasions. Japan is not allowed to enter the Aden sea route at all. No sub may come closer than 3 hexes to its entrance to the Indian Ocean. No Japanese Surface TF are allowed within 5 hexes of this entrance. The only exception would be an operation that is involving the invasion of Karachi via sea. Japan is allowed to enter the sea routes to the Panama Canal. Japan may only park a sub near the Galapagos Islands or Panama itself. Japan may not park in the sea lanes themselves and must keep within the restrictions of distance as outlined above for the Aden sea lanes. The only exception to allowing a surface TF in the Panama sea lanes is an invasion attempt of the Galapagos Islands or Panama itself. The northern entrance close to San Diego is not taken into account and Japan should be allowed to recon this area freely.
2. Invasions: No invasions against hexes that do not contain a dot/base in them. Not every coastal hex was suitable for amphibious operations. Without this rule it is possible to use a couple of squads to disrupt the flow of supplies along coastlines.
3. Dividing Units: No breakdown of LCUs in combat to reduce fatigue and disruption. “In combat” is defined as sharing the same hex as an enemy LCU for this purpose.
4. Mine laying: Only mine laying classed ships my lay mines. This restriction doesn’t apply to submarines or aircraft. Also, only one Offensive Aircraft minelaying mission per turn until CAP vs Minelaying bug is fixes. Unlimited defensive air minelaying.
5. TF Rearming: No TF may re-arm in a port smaller than size 3 without a AE ship present (TF consisting of DD class ships only may use a AD type ship to fill this requirement). No capital ships may re-arm in a port smaller than size 3 without a AO/TK and a AE ship present. No forward base refueling of SS TF in ports under size 3 unless a AO/TK is present.
6. Aircraft Stacking: The maximum number of aircraft that can use an airbase is limited to 110 times the base size.
7. Fortifications: Maximum fortification on an atoll is limited to the airfield SBS + port SBS. For example Wotje is port 1 (1) and airfield 0 (1). The max fortifications would be 1+1 = 2. Note some Atolls will start with larger fortifications – these should not be increased. Exception is if the total SBS = 0 in which case 1 fort level may be constructed there.
8. Atoll
Defensive Stacking limits:
• Any combination of units up to 10,000 men per max fort level as above in LCUs may be stationed at an Atoll. Each vehicle (tank, engineering vehicle, etc) counts as 4 men. If an atoll starts with higher fort level, that will determine troops limits.
Offensive Stacking limits:
• Any combination of units up to 20,000 men per max fort level as above may be stacked at an Atoll. Each vehicle (tank, engineering vehicle, etc) counts as 4 men. If an atoll starts with higher fort level, that will determine troops limits.
If an atoll is attacked and taken then the new owner should attempt to get to the defensive stacking limit within 1 month.
9. Air Transport: Only planes designated as transport aircraft may airlift troops. Other aircraft allowed to transport troops by game mechanics are only permitted to do so when evacuating troops.
10. Paratroops: Air drop capable units must be ‘whole’ (ie no fragments on the map) before being dropped. Allied Paratroop divisions can be broken down into thirds and used separately, but each third must not have fragments on map when it is dropped.
11. Russian War Entry: At game start, Japan will move a unit to activate Russia, and then move back. Russia may not attack Japan until either 1) August 8, 1945 is reached, 2) Japan units cross Russian border or Japan units attack Russia units. (Japan’s responsibility to ensure naval air attack range is limited to prevent accidental attacks on Soviet navy. One attack should be considered ‘international incident’ and not declaration of war if agreed to by both players) or 3) Japan AV in Kwangtung goes below 8000. Japanese player must notify Allied player if this occurs. At that point Russian player may attack or not, but before any offensive action must declare war by notifying Japanese player. No Allied units may use Russian bases or move through Russian areas at any time, except Allied ships with float damage may enter Russia ports until float/fire is 0 then must leave.
12. Named Pilot Pool: This will not be used by either player as abuse can happen where highly experience float plane and bomber pilots can be instantly moved into fighter planes with no retraining period.
13. Sigint: Each player will only read their own SigInt file.
14. Ground Attack: Air units may not bomb unoccupied bases repeatedly for training purposes. Two-four attack can be expected to determine that a base is unoccupied but after that attacks should cease. In China, the only fighters that may do ground attacks are those that are assigned to the China Command or Kwangtung Army. Only the ‘training’ command can be used to train.

Richard

< Message edited by High Command -- 9/15/2007 7:10:05 PM >

ACCOUNT TO BE DELEATED
Post #: 1
RE: Oponen Wanted CHS160 - 9/15/2007 4:42:48 PM   
trollelite

The rule is somewhat too long, I don't like for example replenishment and airfield restriction, because it's very hard to check them and can only lead to argument and premature end of the game.

If you stock many aircrafts on a small field, you suffer penalty from game and risk enemy airstrike anyway, especially for Japs.

(in reply to High Command)
Post #: 2
RE: Oponen Wanted CHS160 - 9/15/2007 4:44:14 PM   
trollelite

I could take one more allied game, and I perfer a more simple rule, which more favor Japs, I don't require you to maintain garrison in China or Russia, If you could capture them, that is!

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 3
RE: Oponen Wanted CHS160 - 9/15/2007 4:46:04 PM   
trollelite

My basic house rule, if you like

1.No 4-engine bomb under 15000 feet, except for british 4-e squadrons (FE) ( they use a single 4000 lb bomb)
2.no B-29 under 20000
3.no B-29 anti-ship
4.no strategy bomb on resource under 100, and any other thing (oil, heavy industry, aircraft factory,etc) under 50
5. no night mission except for night fighter and Patrol boat units. Any side could convert a normal bomber unit to night bomber unit. To do so, they first have to be announced, after this, they act as night units and cannot henceforce be given day missions and cannot be converted back.

6.No PT enter those deep water hexes, that surrounded all six sides by water hex.
7.Allied asw group not exceed 6 ships, no restriction to japanese.
8.No sub landing (both sides)

9.No allied units (land, naval or air) can enter soviet territory.
10. Except initial chinese exp.force, only 2 other chinese corps could be changed to southeast asia command and be able to fight in burma and india. There is no restriction to support units, however. Those 2 corps should be announced.
11.chinese forces under china command can fight in manchuria, korea,taiwan, vietnam, but not siam, burma,DEI,or india, etc.
12,Philippine could only be landed by US and local forces.
13. No allied offensive action in northern pacific before soviet enter war. They can take back any amercian territory occupied by japanese, however.

14. No US corsair units on board carriers before 1, Jan, 1945. There is no restriction to British Corsair units. If Japanese ever use kamikaze before 1945, this restriction would be removed.
15. Japanese can only use those aircrafts designed for carrier, such as N1J or J2M are not allowed.
16. Only 6 carriers, 12 cruisers can be reconstructed by allied. Of these, 2 should be used to replace australian cruisers and not allowed to use on US units. Only Heavy cruisers and american "10000-tons" light cruiser could be replaced. Those reconstruced ships should be announced before enter service.

(in reply to trollelite)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Oponen Wanted CHS160 --- Thread Closed --- Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI