Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arcade Mode Defense Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Arcade Mode Defense Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arcade Mode Defense Issue - 9/22/2007 12:09:38 AM   
quixian

I've gotten to play a few quarters of 2.0 today, and was extremely impressed with the changes to arcade mode overall. I love viewing the receivers prior to the snap and the new kick meter is a much needed addition to arcade mode. However, there is a small control issue that I can't seem to correct on my own.

For some reason, I am not able to switch to the nearest player on defense by hitting the "x" button on my 360 gamepad as stated in the manual. I've tried every other button, and the only one that works after the snap are the R and L buttons, which still allow you to cycle through defensive players.

I tested it with my logitech rumblepad as well just to make sure that there were no problems with my 360 controller, but had the same exact issue. Am I missing something
Post #: 1
RE: Arcade Mode Defense Issue - 9/22/2007 1:09:15 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

I'll take a look and see what might be going on. I think you may be one of the few that play in arcade mode, so if you see any other strange occurances, please let me know.

Have you tried the trigger passing yet? What do you think? I found it adds a lot of challege to the passing game because the 'touch' on the trigger needs to be just right for the pass needed at the time. It takes practice.

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 9/22/2007 1:11:49 AM >

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 2
RE: Arcade Mode Defense Issue - 9/22/2007 1:59:55 AM   
quixian

Thanks for taking a look, David.  I will try a fresh install and see if that helps, too.  It seems like something is just slightly off (with respect to the defender switching issue), because everything else is spot-on.

I split my time with MaxFB playing coach mode and arcade mode, depending on the mood.  The games unfold pretty much the same for me whether coaching or in arcade mode, which is a feature I definitely like.  Playcalling and talent levels of position players seem to have more to do with the outcome than finger gynastics.

Having played a few quarters using both trigger and non-trigger passing, I'd say it certainly adds depth and challenge to the passing game.  I'll probably switch to using the trigger passing exclusively once I get used to the improved CPU pass rush - haven't had much time to "set and fire" in the pocket yet, but getting a feel for the plays and game speed will cure that, I'm certain.  Had a gorgeous lob sail over a wide open FL b/c I hadn't set my feet before tossing it up, and threw a wonderful laser strike to a TE dragging into a soft spot in the middle of a zone using the trigger mechanics.  Can't wait to start creating my custom leagues once I get the feel for the 2.0 gameplay...

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Arcade Mode Defense Issue - 9/22/2007 5:23:53 PM   
quixian

I've done a fresh install of 2.0, then tried again with installing 2.0 over a previous version of MaxFB but am still getting the issue. Everything else is working properly (ie, GREAT) in arcade mode (graphics, controls, stat tracking, et al), but still having this one issue. I haven't had a single F9 issue come up at the playcalling screen, so I'm very thankful that old bug has been squashed for good!

If no one else is seeing this then I'm assuming that there's an issue somewhere with my machine. I'll post a dxdiag file just in case...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 4
RE: Arcade Mode Defense Issue - 9/22/2007 5:35:41 PM   
David Winter

I wouldn't think that reinstalling would change this. It's likely just something just coded incorrectly. Button 3 or the (X) button on the 360 controller, should snap you to the closest defensive player to the ball after the ball has been snapped.

I'll take a look at it and see if I can get it fixed prior to the next update.

thanks for posting the problem

David 

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 5
RE: Arcade Mode Defense Issue - 9/27/2007 9:46:41 PM   
playball335

David,

I can confirm this problem as well, as I play all of my games in arcade mode.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Arcade Mode Defense Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI