Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

the pacific in flames - me against marky

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> the pacific in flames - me against marky Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/25/2007 3:57:01 AM   
dennishe

Apparently Marky (or fleet admiral markiei) started a tread about our war! Well, here is mine. He hit me pretty bad at Pearl Harbor. Mainly, because KB stayed in the area for a few days, during which it launched several attacks. Many of my battleships are badly damaged and will be in docks for several months/years. Anyway, it gave me the time to safely retreat my carriers. They will fight another day. The Fillipins and Malaya are pretty much the typical story. I got a lot of ships out of Manila though and also the Repulse and Prince of Wales are safe for now......
Post #: 1
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/25/2007 5:19:43 AM   
marky

heyy have fun writing, or not writing 

am i to understand this is a thread to stay out of ?

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 2
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/26/2007 12:58:04 AM   
dennishe

Yes, stay out of this tread please. It gives me the opportunity to discuss my strategy with my chiefs of staff (everybody else who visits this tread). I will stay out of yours.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 3
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/26/2007 1:10:01 AM   
dennishe

One of my catalinas spotted KB today near Midway going west. It was going south initially, but is now probably going for Wake, which didn't fall. I probably should call back the reinforcements that are on the way. Anyway, my carriers are safe now. Hong Kong and Khota Baru did fall, but that was inevitable. At least I got the british destroyers out of HK. One was badly damaged though.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 4
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/26/2007 3:58:34 AM   
dennishe

Well here is the big plan. All completely dependent on what Marky is going to do off coarse.
In the first months bases at Dutch Harbor, Pearl Harbor, Palmeya, Canton Isl., Suva, Noumea, Port Moresby, Darwin and Ceylon will be built up and fortified. This will be the main line of defense. In Burma I will try to keep the Burma road open, but not to all costs.
In China I will try to hold on. The Filipins, Malaya and DIE will fall. I will try to stall the Japanese forces as long as possible and try to hit him, where he is volatile.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 5
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/26/2007 8:26:46 AM   
modrow

quote:

ORIGINAL: dennishe

Yes, stay out of this tread please. It gives me the opportunity to discuss my strategy with my chiefs of staff (everybody else who visits this tread). I will stay out of yours.

I guess unless you raise the level of qualification needed to become your chief of staff, you will be in big trouble soon . In any case, don't listen to me...

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 6
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/27/2007 3:22:51 AM   
dennishe

I made some changes in my OOB. MacArthur is now in command of the southwest pacific, Brett commands the Fhilipins, Nimitz commands central pacific, kimmel commands the south pacific, ghormley commands the north pacific and hartwig.modrow has been sacked as chief of staff

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 7
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/27/2007 5:41:10 AM   
dennishe

It is the 16th now. The Tenessee (at PH) and the Indianapolis (lucky shot by a submarine) sank and many ships are crippled. Wake is still holding on, but with a invasion fleet in the area and KB lauching attacks, it will fall soon. The invasion of Malaya and the Philipins is ongoing. I got most of my ships out, managed successfully to resupply Georgetown and got the Australian Brigades out of Malaya. Some AK and APs were sunk by a Japanese CVL. The Thracien was hit as well and will flee to Puerto Prince. A minelayer was hit as well. If the CVL will stay at this place, it will be difficult to get ships in and out of the Philipins. I moved the Dutch torpedo planes to Tarakan. Hopefully they will put a torpedo in the CVL. I'm pulling the Philipin air force back to Kendari and the Australian brigades to Port Moresby. Here I will build up a new line of defense.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by dennishe -- 9/27/2007 5:44:25 AM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 8
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 9/29/2007 5:53:03 AM   
dennishe

The few weeks playing the allies is so frustrating! Planes are massively destroyed on the ground and the ones that make it into the air pretty much suck. Everything is outdated and needs to be upgraded desperately. The Philipins Air Force is more or less destroyed. Only the Catalina's are still patrolling. Planes from Malaya have been withdrawn to Rangoon or Palembang, where also the Dutch torpedoplanes are located. They didn't attack the CVL where I was hoping for. The 24FG and 5BG (or some other number, anyway it is the bombergroup from clark field) I got out and drew back to Kendari. I will transfer them to Port Moresby later on if the Japanese start operations in New Guinea. So far it has been pretty quiet there. Also the Gilberts have not been invaded yet. Actually, besides the initial invasions in the Philipins and Malaya, Marky hasn't lauched a single invasion. Things have been pretty quiet. I'm wondering what he is up to.
Anyway, I'm shipping my original reinforcements to PH and Suva. No need  to reinforce the rest of the islands in the east pacific yet. I'll better wait until i know what Marky is up to before I ship my troops to some remote place. Wake did fall. It didn't have a change to the 2nd invasion wave. Some of his ships got badly damaged though and KB must also still be in that area. I have all three carriers at Pearl now. They can quickly respond to any tread in the central pacific. Perhaps i send one south to Suva. I'm not sure yet. The Australian cruisers have set sail to PortMoresby/Rabaul to intercept a possible Japanese invasion. I guess it is waiting now, what is going to happen.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 9
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 10/1/2007 12:15:07 AM   
dennishe

I have him running already! His invasion fleet probably spotted the suprise that I have waiting for him at Rabaul (i.e. the Australian surface fleet). He'll probably be back soon, with a backup. Anyway, for now I bought some more time to reinforce Port Moresby and to set up an Air Force base, before he can install one at Rabaul and pounds the crap out of PM.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/1/2007 12:17:13 AM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 10
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 10/1/2007 3:24:15 AM   
dennishe

Marky is going for Midway! Thank god I have catalina's spotting. No trace of KB, but it must be close. He wouldn't send in an invasion fleet so close to PH, knowing that my carriers are there (He has been spotting PH with his submarines, equipped with recon planes), without any airsupport. A miniKB with 4 CVLs is spotted near Tarakan.
I send my carriers north. I will leave him in the dark a bit. To the south he has his submarines and reconplanes/bombers from Kwajalein. I expect KB to be following the invasion fleet, perhaps a little in the north as well. As long as the catalina's are still flying I dare to get my carriers closer to Midway, perhaps sink some ships. Without the spotters and KB floating around somewhere, I will retreat. No need to loose my carriers here. Holding Midway is important, but not to all costs. It's going to be interesting.....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 11
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 10/1/2007 4:30:40 AM   
dennishe

KB cought up with the Midway invasion fleet. No way to lauch an attack without opening pandora's box. I redirected a Task Force, which was assigned to reinforce Palmeyra Island with a infantery Regiment. I redirected it to Johnston Island. I use the carriers now to cover the reinforcement of JI. I guess that JI is the next step, if Marky is going for an invasion of Hawaii.
Nothing going on further. Invasions of the Philipins and Malaya are ongoing. In China, Marky is stuck in Yemen for several weeks now. Yenen still holds and many Japanese troops are slaughtered in shock attacks. Hopefully, I can hold some more. MiniKB is sailing trough the Java Sea. I withdrew all Task Forces from the region. No free kills for Marky. He will have to fight for it....

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 12
Midway falls - 10/1/2007 5:57:15 AM   
dennishe

Despite that fact that the coastal guns did a great job and damaged several Japanese ships, Midway was overrun the same day. Nothing to do about it. If KB moves on to JI, it will be difficult to get the infantery regiment there on time. Perhaps I should transfer the regiment to Lahaina or some other Hawaiian base instead. First waiting what KB is going to do. I have 2 catalina squandrons at JI and several more at PH. It will be difficult for him to sneak in....

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 13
RE: Midway falls - 10/1/2007 3:21:29 PM   
Fishbed

I see your defense perimeter implies that you're not ready to give up a single inch of ground. Any plan to wait for the Rabaul invasion backup with your own CVs, knowing the KB is operating in Midway waters?

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 14
RE: Midway falls - 10/2/2007 3:36:58 AM   
dennishe

Everything depends on what Marky is going to do. If he attacks these places (Palmyra, Suva, Canton, Noumea) early in the war with a large part of his fleet and a large fighter cover, there is little that I can do. It this point I simply not have the troops to defend these places. If he waits with invasions at these places, i will have regiments or divisions waiting for him with fighter cover. Under these conditions i will put up a heck of a fight and I will buy myself time enough to bring in my fleet. At this point I simply can't defend all these places. Before my fleet is there, these will already be overrun.
No i will not use my carriers for Rabaul. I think they will/might be to late. Further I have 2 fighter squadrons at PM and soon a BG as well. All from the USAFFE. In combinatiom with the Australian cruisers and perhaps by moving a FS to Rabaul, I think I can make it Marky quite difficult for the first few weeks. I rather keep the carriers in the north. Out of range of KB, but close enough to prevent him from putting up invasions everywhere.
If the supply-line to OZ is broken early in the war, I probably have to change my plans. Resupply OZ via India perhaps. This supply line is very vonerable to attacks though.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 15
I found KB - 10/2/2007 4:58:23 AM   
dennishe

KB has launched an attack on 2 ASW task forces that were patrolling near Johnston Island. All ships sank or will sink. Is he after JI as well? My spotters haven't found an invasion fleet yet. Perhaps he is after my carriers. After all battleships and cruisers that are out of action I really can't afford losing them, whithout inflicting damage to his carriers. I called them back to PH. Not to a coastal hex though (the yellow route is of the cargo task force). If KB attacks, he will have to face bombers and fighters of PH as well. And if he attacks, my carriers are close to port, while his carriers have to sail back to Japan. I'm extually looking forward to a carrier fight.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 16
RE: I found KB - 10/3/2007 6:09:24 AM   
dennishe

KB hasn't moved for days. It is either waiting for an invasion fleet, or it is waiting to destroy anything that comes out of PH. Especially my warships. It launched several attacks on JI. As soon as one Japanese soldier setts foot on JI, it will be bombed by several BG groups that were sceduled to go the all over the pacific, but are for obvious reasons still at PH. Since KB doesn't move, all submarines in the area are now hunting for it. They probably won't hit anything, with there ridiculous torpedo's, but perhaps they can scare Marky. Perhaps I can set a trap for him. Have a surface combat Task Force sail around KB and try to find and kill his AOs. That will get rid of him.
For the rest in the Pacific Marky hasn't done much. His troops are still launching shock attacks in Yenen, where he still leads massive losses every day. Hong Kong, Wake, Midway and Guam fell. Invasions of Luzon and Malaya are ongoing. He did not launch any other invasion yet. In addition I noticed that I can freely move AKs around the Philipins without being attacked. His naval search is not doing a good job. Several fully loaded AKs have delivered there goods in Bataan and Manilla. As soon as he sends a invasion fleet south in the Philipins I will send him a suprise! Since I can move my ships freely, I'm supplying OZ with oil from DEI. This will keep the OZ factories going, before my first shipments of oil from SF arrive.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 17
Operation Sleepy Weasel - 10/4/2007 2:58:43 AM   
dennishe

Changsha fell very suddenly (a while ago, forgot to mention it in earlier posts) and since Marky also captured Yenen after another shock attack, I'm going to withdraw my troops to a series of strongholds. Japan has a major advantage over the Chinese troops, since it can move troops around over railway tracks, while the Chinese troops have to take dirt tracks. As a result I can never send reinforcements on time to the location where Marky is going to attack. He can one by one kill of my fortifications. This time I choose to defend China at only a few well fortified positions with lots of divisions at full strength (yellow). These are Sian, Ichang, Chungking, Chengtu, Yunan, Kunming and Kweiyang. Ichang is a weak spot in the defense. I already send reinforcements there. If it does fall, I will withdraw also the troops from Sian to Chungking and Chengtu. In addition a fortress will be build at the crossing between Chungking and Kweiyang. Hopefully, this will make me able to get some divisions free to help the British to keep the Burma road open. I already send the SAEC divisions south to Mandalay. At Ledo I plan to build up a large air force base, from which China will be resupplied via transport planes. SAEC has a shortage of these planes. I will therefore also use the Dutch planes for this. At Ledo, also my SAEC 4E bombers will be located, to attack positions all over China.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/4/2007 3:01:01 AM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 18
Malaya about to fall - 10/7/2007 1:54:22 AM   
dennishe

It is 1/9/1942 now. Malaya is about to fall. I have resupplied Georgetown by various convoys, but there are just not enough troops to hold the Japanese attacks. Also in Singapore my assault strenght is just too low. In additions, Marky installed a Betty-nest in Davao. As a result all my shipping in the DEI is at risk. Resupplying my bases in the Philipins and transferring oil and supplies from DEI to OZ will be a lot more difficult. Also attacking the Japanese invasion force with my surface fleet will be much more risky.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 19
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 10/7/2007 8:47:16 AM   
dennishe

It is halfway januari. Things are not going too well on the Chinese and Burmese fronts.
Malaya fell and the Japanese just occupied Moulmein. I surrendered Rangoon, since it is a deadtrap. I pull back all my forces to Mandalay, where my troops are already digging in. Hopefully the reinforcements from China are going to be there on time. There is no way that I can quickly transfer fresh troops to Mandalay. In addition I need the reinforcements on the Indian coast in case Marky is launching an invasion there. If he does, I don't want all my troops stuck in Burma.
In China, Marky launched an attack at Ichang, which is the weakest point of my defense. I send reinforcements from Chungking and Sian, but I don't know if they will be on time. The Japanese can tranfer troops much faster via the railway system. If Ichang falls, I will have to withdraw my troops from Sian and Ichang back to Chungking.
Nothing is happening in the South and Southwest pacific. Things have been awfully quiet. Still no Japanese troops in Brunei or DEI. USAFFE is still holding Clark field and the main force is digging in at Bataan, sitting on a large amount of supply. I have still running convoys to Bataan, but it is doubtfull if they still will come through.
Port Moresby is defended pretty well. I have three divisions and the IIIrd Australian corps there, with a fourth brigade on the way. I'm thinking of reinforcing Rabaul as well. I'm saving political points, which enables me to send in an Australian division as well as soon Marky is showing interest in southwest pacific. Palmyra is defenced by a regiment. 2nd USMC is located at Canton. Suva will be defended by the New Zealand brigades. Noumea is not defended yet. I will bring in the Americal division there. This will do it for now. In case of emergency I have 4 US divisions at PH as backup. When I'm absolutely sure that Marky is not launching an attack on PH, I will send more troops south. All squadrons that are not attached to the central pacific are currently island hopping south. I hope to get a few B17 squadrons in SEA, before the route is cut off.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 20
RE: the pacific in flames - me against marky - 10/7/2007 7:40:22 PM   
dennishe

Japanese warships are back in the Hawaiian waters. An invasion fleet is approaching Johnston Island pretty rapidly. It is protected by a Japanese surface fleet. My spotters have been following it for several days now. No carriers are reported, but KB cannot be far. The TF in the north of JI consists mainly of destroyers and is probably on a ASW mission. Anyway, since the fighting is going to take place close to my ports and far from his ports I decided to launch a carrier attack. A TF under command of Halsey with the Enterprise, Saratoga and Lexington is underway to Johnston Island to intercept the invasion force, strike it and run. The Yorktown, following a transport delivering a 4th infantery division and lots of supply to PH, just arrived and will be used as a backup. I already put my B17 BG on a ground attack mission with JI as a target. Nice suprise for the Japanese invaders. Things really get interesting now.........

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 21
AAAAAAARRRRRRGH - 10/7/2007 10:51:53 PM   
dennishe

Things went horribly bad today.
(1) I withdrew my troops from Clark field to Bataan. In the process my large amounts of supplies (about 17k) was left behind at Clark. In addition my blokkade runners are not coming through anymore. Seems like Bataan is in trouble after all.
(2) My spotters, that were following the Japanese surface fleet near JI for days now, forgot to mention that there were six carriers. How can you miss that all this time? Anyway, a massive carrier battle followed, in which two of my carriers sank and the other one will sink within days. Halsey is dead. My USN carrier fleet consists pretty much out of the Yorktown. There is only one operational BB, which is still in Seattle. I got some hits on KB though. Hiryu was hit by two bombs and has heavy damage. Zuikaku is hit by a torpedo and has heavy damage. Akagi and a the Shokaku are on fire after bomb hits. Hopefully, they will sink or be in the drydocks for at least a year. For them it is a long way home. Does Kwajalein has a big enough port to stabilize the damage on carriers? Anyway, I will send some subs there. In addition, I have more than 10 subs following KB, to put a torpedo (hopefully one that works) in a crippled CV. On the bright side, a Dutch bomber put a bomb on one of the CVLs of the miniKB. I think it is still operational though.

Tomorrow, PH will be reinforced by amongst other an aviation regiment. I will need this, since JI was captured and Betty and Nell bombers are bombing PH, with Zero cover. I need the aviation regiment to keep my fighters in the air and to build up the new P39 and P40E fighter groups. In additions my B17s that are bombing JI need repairs. At least 3 AA regiments are on the way. All troops that were sceduled to the south and southwest pacific will go to PH instead. I do not want to loose PH! OZ is on its own for now. I will try to reinforce it from Karachi. If Marky shows no further interest in PH, I will move some troops south again.

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/7/2007 10:56:43 PM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 22
RE: AAAAAAARRRRRRGH - 10/7/2007 11:05:55 PM   
John 3rd

I wouldn't despair too much.  YOu have knocked out a number of his CV.  Even if they don't sink, they will be laid up for a while.  That will give you time to get Wasp and slowly rebuild the air arm. 

Time is on your side!

Without his KB, the odds are you should be able to stop a further thrust against Hawaii.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 23
RE: AAAAAAARRRRRRGH - 10/8/2007 7:00:15 AM   
dennishe

Well, there are no limping CVs. I'm not sure whether I did enough damage to keep these CVs out of action for a long period of time. If there only slightly damaged, they are back in action in two months. In addition he has several CVs that are operationable, while I have only the Yorktown and some British CVs.
Time is indeed on my side, but until I have replaced the lost carriers, he can go wherever he want, without the possibility of my carriers treatening him. It will costs me about a year, when all CVLs and the Essex become available, when I can make a fist against KB again. He can do a lot of damage until then.
Since the carrier battle, Marky didn't launch any bombardement strikes on PH. It gave me the time to build up my fighter strenght at PH and now I'm pounding JI with two B17 BGs. He still has Zero's defending the island. Perhaps I did just enough damage to KB to prevent capture of PH.

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/8/2007 7:05:35 AM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 24
RE: AAAAAAARRRRRRGH - 10/8/2007 3:02:18 PM   
Canoerebel

Most of us Allied players have been exactly where you are.  Do not...repeat, do not, succumb to the urge to despair.  His ability to go where he wants and do what he wants is limited even if your CVs are out of action and his aren't.  He has to be wary of Allied LBA.  That's your real "fist."  Until you get more CVs, just be sure to keep those you have now far, far from harm's way, and be thankful whenever the KB shows up, because then you know where it is.  Eventually, your LBA will grow mighty (in late '42) and you'll want to be able to use it in New Guinea, the Solomons, and - if he doesn't take it from you - NW Australia and Timor.  Do what you can, and within reason, to protect your main bases there (Sydney, Auckland, perhaps Pago Pago, and Darwin if your opponent lets you keep it) and to have enough of a presence at other important bases (NE Australia, Noumea, Luganville, Suva, Palmyra ) to keep him from picking them off easily.  Another important task is to remember that the Allies will need vast amounts of fuel and supplies in the right places when they go on the offensive.  Work like crazy getting these to New Zealand and Australia from the US! So you'll need to build up some depots on the route - probably Bora Bora, maybe Raratonga and Tongarapu and Christmas Island. By mid- to late-42 the Allies are getting so many base forces, engineers, and aircraft in the US that you'll have trouble transporting them to the "front." Do your best and don't squander transports in the meantime, because APs are worth their weight in gold.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 10/8/2007 3:09:01 PM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 25
RE: AAAAAAARRRRRRGH - 10/9/2007 4:04:15 AM   
dennishe

Since Marky and I are not using houserules there is always plan B!
Bombard Japan on massive scale with my B29's from Russia as soon as they enter the war. I only have to hold on till then....
Anyway, I did hit KBs refuelling TF pretty bad. There are still TK's sinking every day. They are not so precious as carriers, but the Japanese need each and any one of them.

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/9/2007 5:58:04 AM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 26
miniKB - 10/10/2007 2:58:06 AM   
dennishe

Marky has a miniKB patrolling of the coast of Bataan. My blokkade runners are not coming through anymore. The Philipinian Army is certainly doomed now. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Marky used miniKB for all his invasions. Now it is occupied in the Phillipins he has either to pospone further invasions or do them without aircover. This even may give me the time to bring in troops from India or Australia to reinforce Java or Timor.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 27
Halfway februari - 10/12/2007 6:44:09 AM   
dennishe

It is halfway februari. Nothing much has happened the last few days.

Fortress China: Most of the troops have been withdrawn to Kweiyang, Kunming, Yunan, Chungking and Chengtu. Ichang fell. My reinforcements were too late to make a difference. Troops from Ichang and Sian will retreat to the Chungking area. Marky now has to attack huge Chinese forces at well fortified bases instead of splintered units. The first Dakota I squadron has been installed in Ledo and is transfering supplies to Chengtu. The Burma road is still open. The Chinese divisions have reinforced the British troops in Mandalay, where the Japanese advance will be stopped (hopefully).

Phillipins: Bataan is still holding on. MiniKB is gone and a new convoy is unloading in Bataan. The harbor is unfortunately way too small to unload the cargo fast enough. Supplies are consumed faster than unloaded (reminder: next time withdraw to Manilla instead of Bataan).

Pearl Harbor: I stopped bombarding Johnston Island. Marky has over 100 Zero's stationed there. I simply loose too many bombers without a fighter escort (about 2 bombers for 1 zero). Marky has also many Nells and Betty's stationed at JI. Also he has to do without a fighter escort, since I haven't seen a Zero over PH. My fighter cover is by now that good, that no Japanese bomber makes it to the bomb run and most of them are shot down in trying. It has turned the war in the PH area in an impasse. By now I have an enormous amount of supplies and 4 divisions stationed at PH. No way Marky is going to take it.

Nothing has happened at all other fronts. No invasions in DEI, southwest pacific and the south pacific yet. I'm building up bases at Port Moresby (4 Aus Brigades), Suva (2 NZ Brigades), Pago Pago (Americal Div.) and Canton (2 USMC). In india I have several troops near Madras, 18 UK div is at Colombo and everything else is in the Dacca area. The troops from Burma have digged in in Mandalay and are being reinforced by Chinese troops. Now it is waiting, what Marky is going to do next......

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/12/2007 7:06:42 AM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 28
RE: Halfway februari - 10/12/2007 10:00:42 AM   
wild_Willie2

Have you tried bombarding jonhston with a few Cl's set to bombard/retreat ?.

If you use the weather carefully, look for stormfronts, to mask your aproach....

This tactic usually works......

Another "nice" tactic is to send a small "disposable" TF south of PH, and LRcap it with everything you have. Once his betty's come in to attack it, they are going to be hit hard.

Mine johnston with all available subs.....

Block jonhston with a few sub lines.

Get a AV tender onto a nearby atoll (or take a small baseforce fragment with some supplies) so you can spot his ships comming.

Night attack johnston with B17's, if you recon the base properly by day (zero's cant climb as high as the MAX altitude of a B17 ;) you can actually hit something during a 6000 feet night attack.....

Remember: zero's cant climb as high as the MAX altitude of a B17 !!!!! If you come in at 37000 feet they cant touch you...

Remember: LEADERS DO MATTER IN THIS GAME....

Putting the best leaders into your fighter and bombers squadrons DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.....
Good luck ')

Now go and kick marky's arrogant ass.....

If you need help, just let me know ;)

< Message edited by wild_Willie2 -- 10/12/2007 10:05:59 AM >

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 29
RE: Halfway februari - 10/13/2007 3:43:24 AM   
dennishe

Thanks for your advise!

I don't trust the weather forecast too much (both in this game as in general), so I won't risk my ships in a bombardement attack. Especially, since I want to intercept Marky's invasion fleet in DEI with my surface ships in that area. I expect to loose some more ships there.
His betty's do not attack ships close to PH. Marky probably has set a max range for his bombers. In addition, the range of US fighter sucks anyways. I do have AV's at nearby bases supporting Catalina squadrons. Attacking JI from high altitude is a good idea, which I haven't though about yet. I upgraded my B17's to LB30's, because there more difficult to shoot down. Their max. altitude is too low. I upgraded them back to B17s. They are now attacking JI from maximum altitude.

Marky does not have a reason to be arrogant after two months of war. Most of his wins were foreseen anyway. His only achievement so far is sinking 3 carriers. I still think this was a lucky shot. I would engage my carriers to KB anytime, when they are so close to PH. I think the dice just fell his way in combination with a bad coordinated attack from my side. Most of my torpedo bombers attacked without a fighter escort. A few more hits and KB would have been in big trouble.....

< Message edited by dennishe -- 10/13/2007 5:22:43 AM >

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> the pacific in flames - me against marky Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI