Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Art of War, Century of Warfare

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Art of War, Century of Warfare Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Art of War, Century of Warfare - 9/28/2007 12:40:04 AM   
theBarney

Is there a patch for the Art of War, Century of Warfare? I have ver 1. I registered with Talonsoft, but I cannot find a serial number. Any help?
Post #: 1
RE: Art of War, Century of Warfare - 9/28/2007 4:37:40 AM   
JAMiAM

The Operational Art of War - Century of Warfare, or TOAW - CoW, is not a Matrix product, and is not supported by Matrix Games. TOAW III, however, is.

The most up to date patch for CoW is 1.04. There is a version 1.06 floating around, but you should NOT use it, as anti-armor combat got hideously broken with it. You can find the 1.04 patch several places on the web, and there is even a no-cd version available. Do a search over at at www.gamesquad.com and you should be able to locate it.

Better yet...buy TOAW III, as that has made numerous improvements over CoW and is being supported by Matrix.

(in reply to theBarney)
Post #: 2
RE: Art of War, Century of Warfare - 10/1/2007 11:43:54 PM   
theBarney

Thank you! Your reply was very helpful. And I will consider AOW III. However for now I'm trying the Sicily campaign in my current updated version, just to get back to this fine wargame. I take it you have been watching the new Ken Burns program on WWII airing on PBS? Fine stuff. I would think your marketing division should be able to capitalize on the airing and sell your excellent wargames (I love Uncommon Valor!).

By the way I'm looking for a job here in Minneapolis, 20 year screen printer and wargame enthusiast with graphic design background. Any ideas? Might as well network while I'm here.

Thank you!

Barney Peterson

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Art of War, Century of Warfare - 10/2/2007 6:43:40 PM   
SteerJock

This looks like a recent post so I will ask my question here. Game runs great when loaded from disk, ver, 3.1.0.9 but slows down as to be almost unplayable when upgraded to ver. 3.229.27. I've a 1 meghrtz machine with lots of memory and Windows XP. Graphics move ok but I have to wait to select units, it takes time for battle and movement icons to take effect etc. Thanks

(in reply to theBarney)
Post #: 4
RE: Art of War, Century of Warfare - 10/2/2007 7:34:34 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteerJock

This looks like a recent post so I will ask my question here. Game runs great when loaded from disk, ver, 3.1.0.9 but slows down as to be almost unplayable when upgraded to ver. 3.229.27. I've a 1 meghrtz machine with lots of memory and Windows XP. Graphics move ok but I have to wait to select units, it takes time for battle and movement icons to take effect etc. Thanks

Thanks. We've had some reports of lagginess with the latest update. If you haven't already done so, make sure that your graphics and sound drivers are the most recent available from your hardware manufacturers. Also, you can do the following to improve performance:

Toggle the display of supply icons to off. That is, only show the supply points, and not all the supply values for hexes.
Set the Advanced Game option of "No Borders" to off.
Set the Advanced Game option of "Sit Rep Log" to off.
Set the menu item Sound >>> Background >>> No Background Sound.
Make sure you have no unnecessary background programs running. Media players, for example.

(in reply to SteerJock)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Art of War, Century of Warfare Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI