Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems w/new patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Carriers at War Support >> Problems w/new patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems w/new patch? - 10/8/2007 7:28:59 PM   
Joe D.

I'm not sure if it's the new patch or my tampering w/the CaW editor, although I've only made minor changes. But sometimes -- about 1 in 10 -- the attack animation screen will show ship damage to a previously undamaged ship before the aerial attack is finished.

I've also lost some CVs that supposedly weren't damaged the last time I checked, but w/my combat reports not set to accurate, is it possible that I'm getting bogus info on my own ship casualties?

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Post #: 1
RE: Problems w/new patch? - 10/9/2007 1:41:09 AM   
Gregor_SSG

Joe,

If you can get a save game with a repeatable instance of the combat animations problem, that would be a great help.

The accurate combat reports option only affects reports about enemy ships. You always know exactly what happened to your own ships.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems w/new patch? - 10/9/2007 1:58:48 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

Joe,

If you can get a save game with a repeatable instance of the combat animations problem, that would be a great help ...

Can you post step-by-step instructions on how to do this? I trust I can do this w/dial-up.

< Message edited by Joe D. -- 10/9/2007 2:02:39 PM >

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems w/new patch? - 10/10/2007 3:04:16 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

Joe,

If you can get a save game with a repeatable instance of the combat animations problem, that would be a great help ...

Can you post step-by-step instructions on how to do this? I trust I can do this w/dial-up.

If you can get a save game where the problem happens repeatedly, then you can just email the save game, along with a description of how to replicate it to support@ssg.com.au and we'll take it from there.

Gregor

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems w/new patch? - 10/10/2007 3:49:53 PM   
Joe D.

Will do next time it rears it's head; it seems to do it at least once per game.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 5
RE: Game crash - 10/26/2007 9:04:07 AM   
PDD

Gregor!!!! Please help! I installed the new CAW on a new Vista Basic  Compaq Presario (2.4GH) 2 GB RAM..it worked great. I updated to the latest patch..it worked great. Then the computer took a tumble off a chair as I was moving it and I had to have everything reset. Now everything works fine, windows vista seems to work fine, computer seems to work fine....except that every time I try to run the new CAW the computer reports that it crashes! I can only get to the CAW menu screen...anything beyond that and it immediately reports a crash!!  I have uninstalled it twice and patched the game twice but still it crashes. Could it be the on board graphics...they seem to work fine for all the other games loaded in the drive. Any idea. I really enjoy the new version but I wish you had made it easier to modify the existing scenarios and move ships and planes around as you did in CAWI and II amd CCAW!   Please respond to jobethd@charter.net!

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 6
RE: Game crash - 10/26/2007 4:10:25 PM   
Joe D.

If the patch worked previously, why don't you do a System Restore back to that time; otherwise, I would start a new thread in order to get Gregor's attention because I sent my game file to SSG some time ago and have heard nothing since, so this thread may be dead.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to PDD)
Post #: 7
RE: Game crash - 10/27/2007 5:52:13 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

If the patch worked previously, why don't you do a System Restore back to that time; otherwise, I would start a new thread in order to get Gregor's attention because I sent my game file to SSG some time ago and have heard nothing since, so this thread may be dead.

No thread is dead. Anything you sent would have been looked at and we may well have fixed whatever the problem was.

Gregor

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 8
RE: Game crash - 10/27/2007 5:58:47 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDD

Gregor!!!! Please help! I installed the new CAW on a new Vista Basic Compaq Presario (2.4GH) 2 GB RAM..it worked great. I updated to the latest patch..it worked great. Then the computer took a tumble off a chair as I was moving it and I had to have everything reset. Now everything works fine, windows vista seems to work fine, computer seems to work fine....except that every time I try to run the new CAW the computer reports that it crashes! I can only get to the CAW menu screen...anything beyond that and it immediately reports a crash!! I have uninstalled it twice and patched the game twice but still it crashes. Could it be the on board graphics...they seem to work fine for all the other games loaded in the drive. Any idea. I really enjoy the new version but I wish you had made it easier to modify the existing scenarios and move ships and planes around as you did in CAWI and II amd CCAW! Please respond to jobethd@charter.net!

I will respond to email address provided on the specific issue but on the Editor question, I have used both Editors and the new one is, in my opinion, much easier to use. That being said, we have made further improvements, but if there are any specific Editor questions, then don't hesitate to ask me and I'll do my best to help you out.

Gregor

(in reply to PDD)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Carriers at War Support >> Problems w/new patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI