Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Burning CD-RW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Burning CD-RW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Burning CD-RW - 10/10/2007 10:27:48 AM   
Kuokkanen

I've bought CD-RW and I'm losing my sanity with it. My last try to burn *.iso image on it was with CDBurnerXP, where I choosed option Disc at Once. Despite that disc don't like to work with ROM type drives.

CD-RW is made by Maxell, its writing speed is 4x, OS is Windows XP Home, burning software in use are Nero Express and CDBurnerXP, disc drives are LG's burning DVD that burns about anything (DVD-RAM too), DVD-ROM (also LG) and CD-ROM (in other PC).

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Post #: 1
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/10/2007 3:18:09 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
I've bought CD-RW and I'm losing my sanity with it. My last try to burn *.iso image on it was with CDBurnerXP, where I choosed option Disc at Once. Despite that disc don't like to work with ROM type drives.

CD-RW is made by Maxell, its writing speed is 4x, OS is Windows XP Home, burning software in use are Nero Express and CDBurnerXP, disc drives are LG's burning DVD that burns about anything (DVD-RAM too), DVD-ROM (also LG) and CD-ROM (in other PC).

Have you tried burning it at 1x speed ? If that works move up to 2x. Make sure you completely wipe/format the cdrw before doing so.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 2
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/10/2007 6:52:34 PM   
Kuokkanen

Thanks, I'll give it try. What format do you recommend? CDBurnerXP has few options that include Joilet, UDF, ISO9660 and combinations of them. I'll try ISO first.

[edit]
Gah! CDBurnerXP don't give much options for write speed

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 10/10/2007 6:56:57 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 3
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/11/2007 10:27:29 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

CDBurnerXP don't give much options for write speed

Nero Express does - I've got CDBurnerXP as well, but sometimes it's better to stick to the commercial stuff when you're in trouble.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 4
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/11/2007 11:51:54 AM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

Nero Express does

No it doesn't! Write speed drop-down is grayed out

MekWars

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 5
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/11/2007 3:35:11 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nero Express does

No it doesn't! Write speed drop-down is grayed out

Hm, I'm probably confusing the Express version with the "Easy" interface of the full version. Anyway, when you get write errors, dropping the write-speed is the first thing I'd suggest. Maybe try another program ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 6
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/12/2007 10:10:48 AM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

Anyway, when you get write errors, dropping the write-speed is the first thing I'd suggest. Maybe try another program ?

Yea, it's CDBurnerXP. Note that CD seems to work just fine in drive it's burned with, but not in ROM type drives.

MekWars

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 7
RE: Burning CD-RW - 10/12/2007 11:25:38 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

quote:

Anyway, when you get write errors, dropping the write-speed is the first thing I'd suggest. Maybe try another program ?

Yea, it's CDBurnerXP. Note that CD seems to work just fine in drive it's burned with, but not in ROM type drives.

I meant : use another burn program that lets you drop the writing speed - really - dropping the writing speed is the first port of call for all writing/reading problems

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Burning CD-RW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI