Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opinions on Hungary wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opinions on Hungary wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/13/2007 4:19:10 PM   
Lebatron

Should Hungary's percentage of going Pro-Axis be increased to 100%? I know many are probably temped to just start a PBEM game over when Hungary fails to lean in this direction when Poland falls. It puts the Axis player at a slight disadvantage from the get go. I've been asking myself why just for the sake of variety should such an event happen on turn one?

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Post #: 1
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/13/2007 4:32:20 PM   
GKar

I'd even go a little further by pointing out that it is pretty frustrating for any player of Germany when Hungary or Romania doesn't join the Axis until Barbarossa starts. Not having Romania in the boat hurts your opening move in the east quite a lot. Often enough Russia can destroy the precious Romanian ressources when that happens.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 2
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/16/2007 1:56:23 PM   
BoerWar

Would it be possible to allow players to boost the possibility of entry by a given country with a bribe? Perhaps leave the percentages where they are, but allow the major powers to send supplies to the minors and in return the probability of joining could increase or decrease by 1-2% for each supply point sent. I like the idea of seeing player choices have an impact in this area rather than pure randomness.

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 3
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/16/2007 11:55:13 PM   
Marshall Art

I would like to see that you can try to push aligned counties into your war camp with supply bribes, much like the 5 supplies you can spend to get a neutral to become friendly to you (or try at least). This way those unlikely "bad luck" results with HUN or ROM not joining could be countered and a more active approach towards e.g. Spain becoming Axis, or Finland joing the Axis even prior to Barbarossa could be pursued by Germany. Of course, the Allies could try to work towards Turkey or Greece joining them before they can be swallowed by Germany?

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 4
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/17/2007 4:06:09 AM   
Forwarn45

I don't think I would change a thing. I like the variety. Those odd chances - like Spain joining on a few percentage chance - or Hungary not joining, are what keep the game fresh and different. You have to adjust to the occassional improbability. As for luck, I really think things work out all right in the end. Let's say the Germans don't get the Hungarian 5 supplies a turn for maybe 5 turns (assuming they do get it with Yugoslavia) - that's not much worse than getting a heavy bomber destroyed.

(in reply to Marshall Art)
Post #: 5
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/18/2007 5:09:08 AM   
christian brown

quote:

Let's say the Germans don't get the Hungarian 5 supplies a turn for maybe 5 turns (assuming they do get it with Yugoslavia) - that's not much worse than getting a heavy bomber destroyed.

concur fully

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 6
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/20/2007 6:52:46 PM   
schury

quote:

ORIGINAL: Forwarn45

I don't think I would change a thing. I like the variety. Those odd chances - like Spain joining on a few percentage chance - or Hungary not joining, are what keep the game fresh and different. You have to adjust to the occassional improbability. As for luck, I really think things work out all right in the end. Let's say the Germans don't get the Hungarian 5 supplies a turn for maybe 5 turns (assuming they do get it with Yugoslavia) - that's not much worse than getting a heavy bomber destroyed.

To be frank, Forwarn, you are trying to avoid the important and dwell on the trivial. As what you say, Hungry may not be that important than a a heavy bomber's being destroyed, however, your defiance of ROM, even the join of Spain is definitel ridiculous. As we all know, an axis game with Spain is totally different. why don't you make a parable how much Spain worth, especially in early time? still one heavy bomber? don't you think this occassional improbability will eventually determain the game if two players are close?

i'd like a bid system. for example, if the premise meets, the beneficiary may propose the political incident with certain cost(the cost vary with the probability of the matter, hungry charges less, but Spain should be really high). Then they made there sacrifice, the one with the higher bid decide whether it happens or not. does it sounds more interesting and reasonable? you can play non-zero-sum Game to outwit your foes(for example, if you lure your foe to spend more sacrifice then you need to propose the political incident, then you bid 0 and gain the difference)

contact me if you wanna a new game:)

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 7
RE: Opinions on Hungary wanted - 10/21/2007 6:19:23 PM   
Razz1

HOI has a bribe system. I don't think there is enough supplies to justify this action.

Maybe after so many turns..... you have the option to bribe at a cost of one click in supplies.

That would be fine.

(in reply to schury)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Opinions on Hungary wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI