Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Limiting the war in China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Limiting the war in China Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Limiting the war in China - 10/22/2007 3:33:24 PM   
Milman

that is my point also . In my first pbem i lost china but afther that when i learned how land combat works i know how to defend there . But if Japan don't do anything in china i don't do also . This is not game which should be won with land combat in china . Only if i see Japan sending China Army units on other fronts i will attack there .

Of course one of patches (1.40 ?) helped a lot to Chinese but before that it was imposible to defend if Japan attacks with full power from the beginig .

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 31
RE: Limiting the war in China - 10/22/2007 5:49:13 PM   
jumper

IMO the China is defendable from allied point of view only if allied player really knows his job and japanese player don´t. If both players are at the same level of the ground combat skills, the japanese player will win in 80% cases. Allied player can not afford absolutely any mistake on this battleground.
And I don´t think it is problem of weak chinese OOB or too many "free of duty" IJA divisions. It is matter of supply. Too much for IJA to attack, too few for chinese to defend. Everytime I played on allied side, my chinese defence was solid and it wasn´t easy task to get some ground for IJA. My defences started to break when I run out of supply despite opened Burma road..
In my PBEM (current date is 6th january 1943), where I´m playing Japan, I have just conquered Chunking (as a last Chinese base) and I didn´t have to ship a single supply point to China! The whole war was self-sufficient and that is the main problem. If the victory would require 500k-1000k supplies to be shipped there I would definitively think twice before starting any attack.
Just my 2p..

Oh and btw I´m talking just about stock. I don´t have any xp with MOD. Just started Treespider MOD, but played only a few days up to now..

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 32
RE: Limiting the war in China - 10/22/2007 6:32:20 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Well, probably the stock map is somewhat japa-side for what china is concerned. With AB's map there's no chance japan can have an easy way against an experienced allied player. Consider also that if japan puts any effort in the chinese war, it will be forced to distract some important pieces of its air army to china, freeing somehwere else some space for an allied counteroffensive

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to jumper)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Limiting the war in China Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI