Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug? - 10/26/2007 4:39:57 PM   
Snoman

I was playing a random map and the AI was putting heaps of formations all in the one city. (I think becuse I kept sinking his cargo ships so they couldn't leave.) When I finally invaded and they all left the city to repel me, it looked like there must have been like 60 formations in there. This in itself wasn't the problem though.
While all those units were in the city hex, I couldn't attack it. Naval bombardments, airstikes etc would result in an error message popping up saying something about not being able to load a graphic. It would then give me the opportunity to ignore or quit. Ignoring always just cancelled the attack.
It wasn't a game breaker, but pretty weird. I would speculate that you could repeat the error by creating a scenario with a ridiculous number of units in a city and trying to attack it, but so far I've not got a handle on the scenario editor.

Other than this, great game! I've just finished playing for at least 12hrs straight.

edit:

Just realised this should be in the support forum. Sorry.

< Message edited by Snoman -- 10/26/2007 4:41:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bug? - 10/26/2007 4:51:50 PM   
Vic

Thanks for reporting snoman.

I checked it and you are right. If there are an enormous ammount of defending units in a hex this happens. Sorry to have let this one slip past me.
I will make sure it gets fixed with the first patch.

Also i think i will add a hard max unit limit for each hex, just to prevent this sort of situations from turning up in the first place.

Kind regards,
Vic

(in reply to Snoman)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug? - 10/26/2007 4:54:46 PM   
Snoman

Cool, first bug report. Yay for me..
Some kind of buffer overflow I'm guessing?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug? - 10/26/2007 5:00:22 PM   
Vic

something like that. code just thought battles with more then that ammount of units would not happen.

never presume Victor... never presume... :)

(in reply to Snoman)
Post #: 4
Quirk - 10/27/2007 2:40:21 PM   
Magpius

While playing the tutorial, and assigning the units in the production queue, the autorun menu display appears momentarily, after the HQ is selected.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI