Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the Grand Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> After Action Reports >> (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the Grand Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the Gran... - 11/7/2007 9:42:41 PM   
Widell

First PBEM for both of us, plus we are both newbies with this great game.

The format of this AAR will be PDF, and your feedback is most welcome.

1.7 MB PDF here

Updated to end of 1861, epic development in the east, specially in the winter months. Confused in the west.... Enjoy!

< Message edited by Widell -- 3/5/2008 11:56:25 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 11/8/2007 3:10:30 PM   
Widell

We had to restart since we were obviosuly not smart enough to understand how the PBEM system works.... Fortunately it was only turn 1 and ACW (as opposed to having to redo turn 1 in WitP )

Expect a small update since a few stats for the generals may have changed with the new game. More to come as it develops.

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 2
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 11/10/2007 12:05:23 AM   
korrigan

Hi there,

What is your problem? Send me a PM with you mail and I'll help you (as I'm the one who wrote the PBEM part of the manual, guilty Mr Justice! )

Best regards,

Korrigan

< Message edited by korrigan -- 11/10/2007 12:10:23 AM >

AGEOD Team
Support independent developers!

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 3
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 11/10/2007 6:35:06 PM   
Widell

Thanks for the offer. Seems to be working now, so we probably did manage to get the files mixed up during the first exchange. Will updated the AAR file later tonight... I think the manual was probably to obvious, so we started getting creative. Engineers you know

(in reply to korrigan)
Post #: 4
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 11/11/2007 3:00:01 AM   
Aurelian

I like it, but....

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Proin lacinia nulla quis ipsum.
Nullam porta pharetra libero. Donec et nulla sed nibh ullamcorper rutrum. Proin et
tortor. Duis laoreet eleifend massa. Nulla vel quam. Suspendisse cursus iaculis tellus.
Aliquam est ligula, molestie faucibus, lacinia in, euismod sit amet, erat. Nullam pellentesque
odio vel diam. Suspendisse eu risus. Nunc varius, dui vel aliquet sodales, turpis
orci faucibus ligula, sed cursus libero eros sed neque. Nulla vehicula, neque id mattis
interdum, nulla mi cursus metus, nec adipiscing ante tortor commodo turpis. Donec a
massa eget augue iaculis pellentesque. Nunc et enim vel leo sagittis lacinia. Integer sed
pede. Fusce condimentum magna ac nulla. Donec vitae quam quis metus mollis
fermentum. Quisque velit.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Suspendisse placerat neque.
Aenean euismod, lectus a scelerisque volutpat, est enim dictum purus, gravida dapibus
massa velit a arcu. Nam molestie, nisl non commodo congue, ligula est elementum
ipsum, non laoreet lorem nunc at sem. Pellentesque lorem nulla, tempor eget, condimentum
vitae, elementum ut, purus. In risus. Integer fringilla lectus ut sem. Sed dolor
arcu, molestie gravida, interdum id, semper a, augue. Maecenas quis velit nec dui
lobortis volutpat. Ut venenatis faucibus sapien. Cras et mauris. Sed ut nulla non orci
euismod elementum. Phasellus leo elit, faucibus a, blandit non, rutrum et, velit. Nunc
vehicula. In eget nulla. Sed nec arcu. Praesent non neque. Integer sem.

What does this mean?

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 5
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 11/13/2007 2:34:43 PM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian
I like it, but....Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Proin lacinia nulla quis ipsum.....

What does this mean?

Ahh - That is placeholder text for where I haven't had the time to add any content. Sorry for that, Lorem Ipsum.... is kind of an ad hoc standard in writing when you want to indicate content which is not yet there..... Glad you liked the rest. I'll have an update in about a week and a half. I'm travelling for business so we can't do any turns due to that for a couple of days.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 6
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 11/30/2007 1:58:22 PM   
Widell

Updated up to, almost end of June 1861. Progress is slow as both me and Marcus have to prioritize real life issues, plus we had some e-mail issues that cost us a few days. Nevertheless, Late June was an intense turn, and I will most likely update the AAR again later this weekend as soon as I have time to analyse what happened, and what the implications are.

Meanwhile, enjoy the link in the first post of this thread and please let me know what you think about the AAR.....

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 7
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 12/1/2007 5:16:47 PM   
phandukto

Love the PDF format - looks like a history text!  Off to a rocky start, though, it seems - but I play the Union, so I'm not *so* used to the resource issues of the Confedracy.

Good strategy - looking forward to seeing the plan develop.  Will you have enough troops and material?

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 8
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 12/2/2007 1:53:48 AM   
Widell

He, he - I'm also normally a Union player, and I wasn't prepared for the aggressiveness from Marcus at Manassas. Also the random general setting is very fun to play with, specially with the AAR to go with it. Update is on its way, and then I'll be off for a few days of business, so it'll be a while before the next one. Hope to get my act together in the east....

As for resources, it was first money, then supply that has been limiting, and I haven't found the balance there just yet. Marcus also seems to be developing some sort of Anaconda plan, as his navy is very active along the CSA coast.

(in reply to phandukto)
Post #: 9
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 12/4/2007 12:11:07 AM   
Brausepaul

Good one, keep it coming.

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 10
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 12/12/2007 8:51:43 PM   
Anthropoid

Wow! That PDF is amazing

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 11
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 12/15/2007 3:23:10 PM   
Widell

Updated to late August. I still have a list of events and persons I haven't had the time to put in the AAR, but I hope to get to that in a short while. I also haven't updated the west and south theaters as the events I have on my list was mainly related to these areas. I did not want to keep you from seeing the development in the east, so hence the (incomplete) update.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 12
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 2/20/2008 11:54:27 PM   
Widell

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I fried my computers motherboars and it took some time to get it replaced. However we are back in business, and I am working on getting the AAR up to the end of 1861 where the game is currently at. Some truly epic stuff going on as you will see in the next update.

This game is simply great!

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 13
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 2/22/2008 1:37:06 AM   
Widell

OK - Finally an update! Not complete as it is lacking some of the political events, and I also have some details to update regarding the Generals in the appendix. Formatting is not optimized either at this stage, but hey, I'm trying to get rid of a huge backlog in writing here 

Let me know what you think....

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 14
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 2/26/2008 10:56:15 PM   
Widell

Another update. Game is progressing slowly as we are both bogged down in RL work 

Anyhow, got the theaters updated to reflect the situation at the end of 1861. Is working on the plans for 1862 and some potential spring offensives as well as adding the Class 62 generals to the appendices. More to come as I add it.

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 15
RE: (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the ... - 3/9/2008 9:07:33 PM   
Pubcrawler

Kudos on a great AAR!

"Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy and I stood by him when he was drunk. And now, sir, we stand by each other always."
- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 16
On hold....maybe dead? - 3/23/2008 12:47:14 AM   
Widell

This AAR is now officially on hold. Haven't heard from Marcus in a couple of weeks, and it seems he has escaped into the RL realm. In case he shows up again, the game will be taken up again should he want that. Sorry about this, but it's out of my control unfortunately....

(in reply to Pubcrawler)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> After Action Reports >> (No Marcus Allowed!) PBEM: Marcus vs Widell in the Grand Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI