Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Un-retire Player?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Un-retire Player? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Un-retire Player? - 11/8/2007 8:23:14 PM   
DreamTeams

Is there a way to un-retire a player? One of my created players just retired after one season at age 26. I'd like to bring him back so he can play longer.

Post #: 1
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/8/2007 9:29:11 PM   
Marauders

Go into the Players Table in the League Database and uncheck the Retired field.

Perhaps JD can add a "view retired players" option and allow players to be retired or unretired in a future version of his MaxFB Database Editor.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 2
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/9/2007 3:07:41 AM   
DreamTeams

That worked. Thanks!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/9/2007 4:43:59 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Football players leave leagues for various reasons. Kenton Keith, Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, Ricky Williams, Micheal Vick, Micheal Bishop, & Kurt Warner all left leagues for various reasons while still in the prime of their playing carrier. Some of the players mentioned were actually kicked out of the league. In any case, for whatever reason, the players listed are no longer playing in a league they once played in. Those are the players I could think of off the top of my head while writing this post. I'm sure the list is quite considerable.

Maximum-Football doesn't have player suspensions or players defecting to other leagues. So, for the sake of simplicity, it generalizes those events into 'retirement'. Basically, for reasons beyond the teams control, that player is no longer available.

thanks
David

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 4
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/9/2007 3:57:28 PM   
DirkGildun

I remember playing FB Pro 98, and having a young star HB who had great ratings and rushed for over 1,500 yards his second season. He "retired" after that season. Maybe he was a Ricky Williams clone.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/9/2007 6:57:48 PM   
Marauders

In FBPro, where a player was on the depth chart had a huge influence on retirements for players that were not across the retirement age threshold.  If a player was the number one starter on the depth chart when the retirements were being run, the player would not retire.

(in reply to DirkGildun)
Post #: 6
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/9/2007 7:35:24 PM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Go into the Players Table in the League Database and uncheck the Retired field.

Perhaps JD can add a "view retired players" option and allow players to be retired or unretired in a future version of his MaxFB Database Editor.

Already added. Will be available in version 1.4.

JD

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/10/2007 3:56:20 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Very nice!

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 8
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/10/2007 8:56:45 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdhalfrack

JD

Sweet! Thanks.

< Message edited by DreamTeams -- 11/10/2007 8:57:14 AM >

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 9
RE: Un-retire Player? - 11/10/2007 3:33:59 PM   
GlennN

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Hi.

Football players leave leagues for various reasons. Kenton Keith, Doug Flutie, Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, Ricky Williams, Micheal Vick, Micheal Bishop, & Kurt Warner all left leagues for various reasons while still in the prime of their playing carrier. Some of the players mentioned were actually kicked out of the league. In any case, for whatever reason, the players listed are no longer playing in a league they once played in. Those are the players I could think of off the top of my head while writing this post. I'm sure the list is quite considerable.

Maximum-Football doesn't have player suspensions or players defecting to other leagues. So, for the sake of simplicity, it generalizes those events into 'retirement'. Basically, for reasons beyond the teams control, that player is no longer available.

thanks
David

I love that this happens in MaxFB. It makes even that "can't miss prospect" have an element of uncertainty.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Un-retire Player? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI