Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status of official patch release? Where are we now with the public Beta?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Status of official patch release? Where are we now with the public Beta? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status of official patch release? Where are we now wit... - 11/9/2007 9:46:05 PM   
Longstreet_slith

I have been following comments with the Public Beta....and have been playing myself. It looks as if it is pretty ready to go, with some minor bugs found and being corrected. How close are we to release of the official patch?

Thanks,
Longstreet
Post #: 1
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/10/2007 12:42:43 AM   
ericbabe

There are only about five things left to do in my to-do list for this, only one of which is a critical game item.  I also have two save games with potential problems that I still need to look at.  I'm hoping to get a new build up by early next week.

(in reply to Longstreet_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/10/2007 2:59:07 AM   
Gil R.

We've also wanted to give those of you testing the public beta patch enough time to catch any traces of the National Will bug that we believe has been stamped out. I'm assuming that the lack of complaints about N.W. not changing after successful sieges of cities means that the problem is indeed gone -- it certainly appears that this is the case.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/15/2007 1:52:46 AM   
Gil R.

Just to update y'all... Eric has made some additional changes based on recent reports, changes that had to be made before we could release the patch. (Whoever invented public beta-testing was a genius!) If this all tests well, then we've got ourselves a patch. Shouldn't be too long, so keep checking back.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/15/2007 4:22:34 PM   
MorningDew

Awesome. Looking forward to playing the newest patch. I really enjoyed the couple of games I played with the beta.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/15/2007 6:46:38 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Any chance for the public release of the patch in time for the Thanksgiving break? Hope, hope....

Longstreet

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 6
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/19/2007 11:15:52 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Any word? Are we close to a Thanksgiving present?

-Longstreet

Post #: 7
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/19/2007 11:19:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

We are going to stick with the public beta version through Thanksgiving. We believe this will be the same as the official version. We're working to coordinate a release with a few other elements post-Thanksgiving to hopefully get FOF a bit more attention as far as all the improvements that have happened in the year since its original release. The delay is not for additional coding or changes, it's just to make it a better release in terms of promotion.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 8
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/19/2007 11:48:34 PM   
Gil R.

So what this means is that those people who tend to shun beta patches and wait for the gold release can go to the Members area and get this beta patch and feel pretty secure that they're playing the equivalent of an officially released patch. We have no plans to make further changes to it at this point (barring something unforeseen, like a new CTD being discovered).

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 11/19/2007 11:49:15 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/20/2007 12:35:33 AM   
desertstorm

Hallo Gil, can you mail me the new beta patch? I can not new register my FOF because i have changed my Username and email adress. After many mails to the matrix support, there is still no help or response from there.

Manfred Meyer

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 10
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/20/2007 1:00:57 AM   
Gil R.

I have a hunch that this post will get someone's attention. Perhaps that will solve matters.

I'm not even sure if I'd be able to e-mail it, since it's more than 10MB, and my e-mail account doesn't like sending such big files.

(in reply to desertstorm)
Post #: 11
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/20/2007 1:53:06 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: desertstorm
Hallo Gil, can you mail me the new beta patch? I can not new register my FOF because i have changed my Username and email adress. After many mails to the matrix support, there is still no help or response from there.

Are you e-mailing us at support@matrixgames.com? Drop me an e-mail and I'll see if we've received anything from you. Everything that is received here is generally answered.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 12
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/20/2007 9:19:52 PM   
desertstorm

OK, Erik the email is on the way!  I have send three mails in the last 10 days to the matrix support, but no answer.

Manfred Meyer

Post #: 13
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/23/2007 11:51:25 PM   
desertstorm

Can someone mail me the beta patch please?

Manfred Meyer

Post #: 14
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/26/2007 9:45:35 PM   
desertstorm

Very nice support here! Many Thanks

Manfred Meyer

Post #: 15
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/26/2007 9:51:21 PM   
CeltiCid

you can download the public beta patch in the members area in this web, after you registered into, and registered your game.

more instruccions here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1412553

Post #: 16
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/26/2007 10:08:44 PM   
desertstorm

My problem is i can not new register my FOF after i have changend my user and email adress!
after a lot of mails to the matrix support, there is no message

Manfred Meyer

(in reply to CeltiCid)
Post #: 17
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 3:55:37 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Hi Erik,

So...where are we now regarding the official release of the patch? I noticed that someone reported a cavalry charging crash situation and that was going to be looked at.

Just wondering....

Thanks,
-Longstreet

Post #: 18
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 6:36:19 PM   
ericbabe

The cavalry crash is fairly rare (it only seems to happen sometimes when cavalry charges cavalry), so we shan't delay the patch over this.  We will look into fixing this problem though in a subsequent patch.

Post #: 19
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 6:52:43 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Sounds good! The only reason I am asking so much about the public release is that I cannot access the final Beta patch through the members area. I legitimately own the game and when I try to register it, I receive the message "key already in use". I have emailed tech support -- a number of days ago -- but have never received a response or help. So...I have to wait for the official patch, I guess. I have my game serial number if someone at Matrix would register the game for me so I could download the patch from the members section....

-Longstreet

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 20
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 8:00:23 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Longstreet

Hi Erik,

So...where are we now regarding the official release of the patch? I noticed that someone reported a cavalry charging crash situation and that was going to be looked at.

Just wondering....

Thanks,
-Longstreet

Our plan had been to release the patch tomorrow, which happens to be FOF's first birthday. Unfortunately, something business-related came up that necessitates pushing back the release to next week. We apologize for this delay, but do want you to know that at least it's not being caused by any problems with the patch itself.

Post #: 21
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 8:28:25 PM   
desertstorm

Very interesting to hear, that the matrix support not response to your questions to.

Manfred Meyer

Post #: 22
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 8:39:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

I did send these issues to our Members Area support, I will follow up on them again.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 23
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/28/2007 9:01:27 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Thanks -- it would be nice to be able to register my game....and to receive an answer from tech support.  I am sure they are overwhelmed with things, but to not ever receive an answer of any kind is a tad bit frustrating...

-Longstreet

Post #: 24
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 11/29/2007 6:36:59 AM   
Icelandair

I'm actually suffering from the same problem as well. I can't remember the email addy that I used, but my username was Icelandair for the beta section. When I couldn't get back in, I tried making another account but it wouldn't let me use my key again. I've emailed a few times and heard nothing back as well, so I'm kind of disappointed that I can't get the beta patch. I had put the game down for a while because of the huge hoards but look forward to getting back into it.

Post #: 25
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 12/4/2007 12:27:50 AM   
desertstorm

Ok, after another mail to the matrix support..., members support or what ever else, there is no response. Now i stop to waste my time.
Now i need no beta Patch and for the future no game from Matrix.

Manfred Meyer

(in reply to Icelandair)
Post #: 26
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 12/4/2007 12:39:57 AM   
Erik Rutins

Good grief, I have no idea why our support people aren't responding, they are handling many other e-mails per day but apparently not these. Give me 24 more hours please and I'll get to the bottom of this, normal follow-ups apparently are not working.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 27
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 12/4/2007 4:52:19 AM   
Johnus

Erik:

I have the same "key already in use" problem with WITP (which I have onwed for years but just decided to register). Likewise, no response from members support emails.

Post #: 28
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 12/4/2007 5:23:16 AM   
Erik Rutins

We are getting to the bottom of it, pretty much everyone remotely involved in support at Matrix is investigating this now.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 29
RE: Status of official patch release? Where are we now... - 12/4/2007 5:37:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

Allright, this is quite embarrassing, but let me lay out what my investigation turned up. First, when we last reset our mail server, the spam filter settings were also somehow reset on the membersarea@matrixgames.com account. This was effectively filtering out at least 2/3rds of non-spam customer support messages on the server side and the person checking that account didn't realize this and wasn't checking the server filter. We just looked at what was on the server side and there are an appalling number of members support messages there. It's fixed now and we will be catching up with these over the course of the next day.

Second, our primary support@matrixgames.com person had a computer glitch a week ago that required a reinstallation. He was only offline and not checking messages for a day, but his client-side spam settings were reset in the process. He didn't realize this either somehow and the result was that for the last week many of the messages from customers and those I've been forwarding him were ending up in his spam filter.

This should never have happened, it required several layers of failure. I'm very sorry to all that were affected. We're going through and responding to all the "lost" messages as quickly as we can, please realize that because of this fiasco with spam settings, our support people really weren't seeing your messages. They were answering those they saw and not ignoring anyone. It's our policy to not have any spam filtering setup on any support accounts, but in this case due to a server glitch and a computer reinstallation they were inadvertently re-enabled.

To fix this for good, we're just about done setting up a new Help Desk which will replace our e-mail support entirely. We hope to have this online during the holidays so that we can make sure every help request is trackable by both the customer and our staff.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Status of official patch release? Where are we now with the public Beta? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI