Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

File Transfers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> File Transfers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
File Transfers - 11/10/2007 1:14:29 AM   
Wrathchild

If I want to move my association to a different computer, what files do I have to copy?
Post #: 1
RE: File Transfers - 11/10/2007 3:40:45 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

I have found that with the base .PSA file, you're set. I have moved just this on various occasions without any trouble or problems. The ".PSA.backup" file is just that, a backup; you don't have to move it as you can just make another backup... and as these associations grow, they tend to get large. With the PSA.backup file being as large (or in some cases larger) as your main .PSA file, that's a lot of size to move around.

The "Almanacs" folder in the "psa" directory contains your association's Almanac. You are not required to move it-- if you don't, you'll just have to build another HTML Almanac from scratch.

You don't have to worry about faces, stadium images or team logos. When you assign these they become part of your .PSA file. Add-ins however are static. If you install in another computer, you will need to install the add-ins there as well.

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 11/10/2007 3:41:11 AM >

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 2
RE: File Transfers - 11/10/2007 7:26:09 AM   
Bustoff

I see a *.psx file as well...from what you say, O Cold One, is it safe to assume that a new copy of this file is generated automatically at the new location?

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
RE: File Transfers - 11/10/2007 12:13:10 PM   
LetsPlay2

quote:

I see a *.psx file as well...from what you say, O Cold One, is it safe to assume that a new copy of this file is generated automatically at the new location?

I am interested in knowing that myself. I have always backed up Both files and put both back.

LP2

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 4
RE: File Transfers - 11/10/2007 6:24:23 PM   
Bustoff

I think the psx file ought to be moved as well. But I am not certain when or how that file is created or what its purpose is.

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to LetsPlay2)
Post #: 5
RE: File Transfers - 11/10/2007 7:52:45 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

I did some board research and I would like to ammend my previous post- include the .PSX file when you move the .PSA file. Shaun said this in an old post:

quote:

Original: puresimmer
The only thing I can think is that maybe you copied/moved this association and didn't also copy the associated .psx file. Each association has a minimum of 2 data files [Your assn name].psa (This is the main database) and [Your assn name].psx (This is where the historical splits are stored).

See the full thread here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1400734&mpage=1&key=psx&#1400763

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 6
RE: File Transfers - 11/10/2007 8:01:04 PM   
KG Erwin

Yes, you guys are right. The two essential files to transfer an association are the .psa and the .psx. That's all you need.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 7
RE: File Transfers - 11/11/2007 3:34:56 AM   
CrashDavis

Just to expand further on what that .psx file is:
It contains every individual play result that has occurred over the course of your associations life. That is why is it so much larger file than your .psa file.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> File Transfers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI