Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics Que... - 11/14/2007 6:43:54 PM   
jakobrogert

Hi!

I'm a happy customer and have played a few scenarios vs the AI, who is, as others here confirmed, devious in terms of always trying to surround my troops. What I find a bit strange though, is that it seems a single truck (with a single truck in it) subdivision can block the supply for a huge amount of troops if it's on the right hex.
As I see things, a single truck subdivision shouldn't really be capable of blocking all supply transfer and if it does, it looks like there's a risk for a dominant strategy in producing a huge amount of truck subdivisions just running around the enemy cutting supply and then requiring numerous attack moves to get rid of. Or am I wrong? The AI usually sends out lots of small units on surround-missions, which in turn takes one Attack Move each to get rid of.
Perhaps there is a relation between the size of the troops and the gradually decreasing amount of supplies making it through, but as I perceive the rules, there isn't. And I do think that it strikes me as strange, that it's that binary. However, I'm no expert on warfare of any period, why I'm happy to hear someone else's opinion on this.

Then I have a question regarding the fantasy graphics used in the fantasy scenario, which is art from old Magic the Gathering cards. Was the art bought or are they in some form of open license, legally speaking? (since I guess the protective and overly possessive Wizards of the Coast would have their lawyers knocking your door the second they saw this, unless it was obtained in a, for them, orderly fashion)?
Post #: 1
RE: Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics... - 11/14/2007 6:54:34 PM   
Vic

The scenarios on the community site are user posted and free scenarios.
They are not sold or commercial in any way.  A lot of them have leased graphics from google so to speak.
I dont hope this will give any legal problems.

About the supply question. Yes your right a hex is either blocked or not. I advice you keep your frontline closed so the AI cant go through any holes.
On the other hand a unit (1pp worth) and a truck are just thrown away this way so its not very productive or cheap to make a lot of this sort of units.

Kind regards,
Vic

(in reply to jakobrogert)
Post #: 2
RE: Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics... - 11/14/2007 7:13:50 PM   
jakobrogert

Wow. Quick reply. And thank you for the info. I simply forgot that the tolkienesque scenario was a download and didn't come packaged with the game (which would probably be a totally different matter). Of course user-made content is slightly different, legally. (And I too hope no legal problems will arise from that.)

Thanks!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics... - 11/14/2007 11:54:07 PM   
PDiFolco

I'm still worried about the truck, horse, or Infx1 blocking supply net. Sure it's pretty ineffective as it costs pp to create formations, yet it's very gamey, a hex should be blocked partially 0-100% depending on what occupies it.

(in reply to jakobrogert)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Surrounding & Supply + Magic the Gathering Graphics Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI