Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Remote games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Remote games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remote games - 11/23/2007 5:37:54 PM   
SJ9R

I have been playing FBPro98 for quite a few years and have been waiting for something new. Does this game have the ability for remote league games like FBpro98?

Can other coaches in the league play their games on their own computers like FBpro98? Can they send me game files after they have played? I am not wanting to play head to head over a modem or I-net. I could never get that to work in FBPro anyway.
Post #: 1
RE: Remote games - 11/23/2007 7:01:35 PM   
garysorrell

I think the only way to do this would be to actually pass around the league file.

Send someone the league file, he plays his game, then sends the league file to the next person or the commissioner.

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 2
RE: Remote games - 11/23/2007 7:11:40 PM   
SJ9R

So the file would need to be passed from one person to the next? Say I have 3 people in a league. I would send the league file to player one and he would play. After player one finishes they would send the league file to player 2 and so on?

In FBpro you send out (each week) league files and game files. Each person plays their game and sends it back to the cossioner.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Remote games - 11/23/2007 7:44:46 PM   
garysorrell

Thats pretty much how it would work.

I still play FBRPO on occasion, was and still is a great game. I would also like to see a few of those type features in MaxFB

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 4
RE: Remote games - 11/23/2007 7:51:27 PM   
SJ9R

Thanks for the info. I currently run a league in FBpro98. I don't think the way you described how it would work in Max-FB would work for our league. thats too bad because I am reaching a "burn out" in FBpro98.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 5
RE: Remote games - 11/24/2007 4:18:40 PM   
SJ9R

Any chance in adding this in future versions? Again I would like to upgrade from FBpro98 but if I cannot run remote leagues it really isn't an update. This is one of the features that set FBPro apart from all the other football games (including this one).

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 6
RE: Remote games - 11/27/2007 10:54:05 PM   
David Winter

Maximum-Football has a remote out - remote in system. This allows you to export and pass around team data. you can send the 'home team' your remote out file, he can use the remote in to load it, play the game, and send the league file back to the commish.

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 7
RE: Remote games - 11/28/2007 2:00:27 AM   
garysorrell

It still requires the sending of a league file though, correct?

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 11/28/2007 2:01:47 AM >

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Remote games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI