Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deluxe AWD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Deluxe AWD Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deluxe AWD - 8/22/2009 5:22:39 PM   
toddtreadway

Thanks!

I look forward to trying it out.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 61
RE: Deluxe AWD - 9/18/2009 9:43:39 AM   
Lucky1

Jesse - looks like the rapidshare account is not working. I went to DL the latest version, but no luck....

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 62
RE: Deluxe AWD - 9/20/2009 1:46:04 AM   
Lebatron

Thanks Sean,

I fixed the link. Plus I have a new version for you guys. 1.02 further refines the work I did on Russia. But pardon my graphics for the winter. Since I'm not sure if this will be the final Russia, I decided to not sink as much time into the map as before. If this design proves popular, then I'll clean up the map graphics right away.

Here she is.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lebatron -- 9/22/2009 6:16:01 PM >

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 63
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/2/2009 5:25:24 PM   
EricChen

Hi Lebatron
Could you set bering sea as politic freezing zone?
It is really wired that US can move their ship into Far east to recon before declare war.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 64
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/7/2009 5:30:18 AM   
Lebatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: EricChen

Hi Lebatron
Could you set bering sea as politic freezing zone?
It is really wired that US can move their ship into Far east to recon before declare war.

Good point. It will be done.

(in reply to EricChen)
Post #: 65
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/14/2009 7:30:28 PM   
Bjering

Hello,
Reading the manual, the readme and playing some vs the AI I have a few questions.

1. The British CAGs have a -1 on their graphics, but I didnt notice this -1 in the combats, what is the deal with this? US CAGs didnt have it.
2. In general, is there a reference somewhere that tells me what country/territory can build what and at what penalty these units are?
3. Are the build restriction and penalties the same as the ones in GG? Should I refere to that manual for these things?

Regards,
Jonas

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 66
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/14/2009 9:27:20 PM   
Lebatron

The -1 you see in units refers to a reduction of that many die to the total stat strength. For instance, Italian fighters have -1. Which means that when German fighters are 9/9 the Italian ones will be 8/8. At the bottom of the tech screen (F4) you will see small numbers in (). These numbers represent the minimum stat. For fighters it's 6/6. Which means that even though German fighters may be at 6/6 presently Itlalian ones will not be reduced to 5/5 from the -1 die adjuster. However once the German fighters hit 7/7 then the adjuster will play a part and reduce the Italian fighters by 1 level. Hope this clears things up.

Because the die adjuster was added recently we have been able to Allow the German minors and such to build a greater range of units. But in some cases it still made sense to prevent certain builds. I did not go into specifics with the German minors as it is easy to see once you're in the game what can and can't be built.

The GG manual explains the game engines newest additions and to prevent redundancy I left those explanations out and referred readers to that manual. There you will find how to develop resources, understand port mechanics, aircraft range penalties and such.

(in reply to Bjering)
Post #: 67
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/15/2009 10:57:29 AM   
Lucky1

There is some good discussion of this when Brian (Wanderinghead) did a lot of his excellent work on the latest patch and Global Glory. I think if you look under headings on axis minors force pools and national capability offsets you get a fairly comprehensive overview. This has done a lot to rejuvinate the game. Am thankful for dedicated support of Wanderinghead and Lebatron. I enjoy both versions (each has a different flavour) Has kept the game interesting! (But of course, this thread is on Deluxe AWD, so I will keep it on-track....)

< Message edited by Lucky1 -- 10/15/2009 11:13:10 AM >

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 68
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/27/2009 12:49:55 PM   
ram300

I have just started up a Deluxe 1.03 game, and it is really nice to see the game reinvigorated - having a new map will prove very interesting indeed! Especially seeing how China and the Med play out.

Again - thanks for all of your hard work. The addictive nature of the game is hard to overestimate.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 69
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/27/2009 8:23:07 PM   
nemesszili

"Only premium members may download this file." - Rapidshare

What to do?

(in reply to ram300)
Post #: 70
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/28/2009 4:15:47 AM   
Lebatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: nemesszili

"Only premium members may download this file." - Rapidshare

What to do?

When you get the two speed dials pick the left one for 'free user'
Then on the next page just wait till they allow you to download.

I will move my stuff to another host soon.

(in reply to nemesszili)
Post #: 71
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/28/2009 3:35:48 PM   
rjh1971

Jesse I found that "Megaupload" works much better than rapidshare plus, if you register, you only wait for 25 secs instead of 45, although I haven't checked if uploading files is for free, should be I guess.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 72
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/28/2009 3:37:31 PM   
rjh1971

Bty great mod , started playing a game against the AI due to lack of time I didn't want to commit with somebody, but I guess sooner or later I will

Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 73
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/28/2009 7:37:30 PM   
ram300

rjh: If you want a game, give me a holler. Looking to play the allies, but can also play the axis if that suits you better. (I already have a Deluxe game runnin w/ MrQuiet. 

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 74
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/28/2009 10:58:50 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: ram300

rjh: If you want a game, give me a holler. Looking to play the allies, but can also play the axis if that suits you better. (I already have a Deluxe game runnin w/ MrQuiet. 

Hi Ram:

So you're playing with Bill, where has he been hiding all this time? Haven't heard from him in a long time...
I don't have any experience with AWD Deluxe just a few turns against the AI, but have played AWD for over three years, that doesn't mean I'm an excellent player, lately everyone has kicked my butt, lol.
I can't guarantee to send a turn each day and this weekend I'll be out of town, but if you want we can start a game I have v1.03 beta installed, will do the first turn and send it to you as soon as I have your email, pm it to me or send a mail.
Bty where are you located ? time zone can help speed up games.

Rafael

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 10/29/2009 1:17:33 AM >

(in reply to ram300)
Post #: 75
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/29/2009 1:05:28 PM   
ram300

Great! You have been PM:ed! :D

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 76
RE: Deluxe AWD - 10/29/2009 4:34:24 PM   
rjh1971

E-mail sent with first turn attached, let me know if you have any problems, I sent it yesterday to my gmail account and just resent it from work to you.

(in reply to ram300)
Post #: 77
RE: Deluxe AWD - 11/11/2009 11:25:11 PM   
Lebatron

Deluxe AWD has been updated to 1.03

Here are some of the changes that have been made since 1.02
  • Scotland now has a narrows for op-fire.
  • New event. In the rare game where Vichy is still neutral after D-day this event causes them to rejoin the Allies.
  • Infrastructure now has 5EV in most cases.
  • Two Flak added to Russia and one fighter partly completed.
  • A few extra units placed in China's Que, plus a few extra militia added to map
  • The US West Coast now has 3 factories and 3 in its Que. Once completed US total will be 20 instead of 18.
  • US FM3 reduced to 45 (from 50)
  • Several tech point levels have been tweaked, plus spy values
  • A-bomb VP threshold set to 10 (from 7)
  • Added Kilindini Harbor to British East Africa
  • Allied NMRC tweaked a few extra points in their favor
  • Adjusted port transport bonus for outer sea zones to match inner ones
  • Added ASW level 1 to Heavy Fleets. Not upgradeable

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lebatron -- 11/11/2009 11:30:12 PM >

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 78
RE: Deluxe AWD - 11/12/2009 10:50:45 PM   
rjh1971

Jesse did you draw the rail lines in Chungkin and Lanchow? They both had rail capacity in v1.03 beta but no rail graphics were shown on the map.
I haven't downloaded v1.03 yet hence my question.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 79
RE: Deluxe AWD - 11/13/2009 7:04:40 AM   
Lebatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

Jesse did you draw the rail lines in Chungkin and Lanchow? They both had rail capacity in v1.03 beta but no rail graphics were shown on the map.
I haven't downloaded v1.03 yet hence my question.

No I didn't, and don't plan to, since they need repair from the start. They are in effect "potential" new rail for China. Rail was added here for the primary purpose of allowing the resource collection network to operate with a wider web. Before I added these new rail lines these two territories, which happen to have the factories, did not collect many resources. This limited the option to build new factories if you so wished. Since the collection web will still function with damaged rail, it was a novel way to guarantee sufficient resources to fuel two or more factories. I liked this approach better than placing an extra resource in each territory, because we don't want China to be too plentiful in resources. Secondly, it offers China an option. Do they spend the supply to finish the rail network and gain the extra flexibility, or save the supply for other repair? Personally, I lean away from spending supply repairing this rail. Just way your options and decide.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 80
RE: Deluxe AWD - 11/26/2009 10:52:28 PM   
rjh1971

Jesse I found out that when selecting japanese aircraft for kamikaze units I don't get any marks on the aircraft, making it kind of hard to really know which ones are kamikaze and which aren't. This is with v1.03 beta, I will install v1.03 when I finish my current pbem game.
Could you please check this out? Thanks

Rafael

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 81
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/8/2009 11:41:58 AM   
ram300

Having now completed a few games with Deluxe, and in the process of playing some more, here is some feedback:

- Overall, a nice, fresh take on WaW that's well worth trying.

- I prefer the event system to that in GG, with larger probabilities and fewer "quirky" events (like the handling of Indichina" in GG).

- The new map is a breath of fresh air.

- China is a lot more fun now. Limited, but potentially powerful enough to be a real thorn in Japan's side.

- My biggest gripe is probably that Italian shipping in the med is so pitiful, especially given the new layout of the theatre. Another transport or two would go a long way towards making med-focused strategies that don't involve pushing through Turkey viable (I do like the way Turkey and the Caucasus are handled by events and layout).

Also, the combination of the removal of a Greek DoW on the Axis and the new key position of Crete (as it can totally cut off the Eastern Med) makes a German invasion of Greece rather foolish, unless well positioned to immediately swoop in on Crete. Suggestion: Reduce the number of Mil on the island to one, making a same-turn (pre-reinforcement) para invasion viable.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 82
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/9/2009 3:20:51 AM   
Lebatron

quote:

Jesse I found out that when selecting japanese aircraft for kamikaze units I don't get any marks on the aircraft, making it kind of hard to really know which ones are kamikaze and which aren't. This is with v1.03 beta, I will install v1.03 when I finish my current pbem game.

Rafael

Rafael, what I suggest you do when selecting Kamikazes is to uncheck Unit Nation Flags in preferences. Since most players, including myself, are now using this new option it makes the old method of displaying Kamikazes non-functional. This is a problem with all scenarios I believe. Not specific to Deluxe. Brian, if he is willing, would need to make some changes in the program to address this. In the mean time just toggle the option off when you need to, then turn it back on.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 83
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/9/2009 3:51:37 AM   
Lebatron

quote:

- My biggest gripe is probably that Italian shipping in the med is so pitiful, especially given the new layout of the theatre. Another transport or two would go a long way towards making med-focused strategies that don't involve pushing through Turkey viable (I do like the way Turkey and the Caucasus are handled by events and layout).

Also, the combination of the removal of a Greek DoW on the Axis and the new key position of Crete (as it can totally cut off the Eastern Med) makes a German invasion of Greece rather foolish, unless well positioned to immediately swoop in on Crete. Suggestion: Reduce the number of Mil on the island to one, making a same-turn (pre-reinforcement) para invasion viable.

Thanks for the overall positive feedback.

The change to Italian shipping was completely intentional. The Med in Deluxe will have a much more historical feel to it. Italy, in previous scenarios of AWD, had it far to easy. In order to win Cairo, Italy will need to invest in transports. If Cairo is not an objective, then shift Italy's production to something else, and make do with the starting transports.

Regarding Crete, you hit it on the head. Yes, Germany should try for Crete the same turn they declare war on Greece. Since Crete put up a stiff fight and never fell, reducing it to one militia would make it fall rather easily every game. At 2 militia it forces the Axis to hit it harder than they did historically in order to win. In order to secure a win Germany must both amphib and para drop on Crete to take it. Both are not hard to do when the proper plans are laid.

< Message edited by Lebatron -- 12/9/2009 3:52:20 AM >

(in reply to ram300)
Post #: 84
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/10/2009 9:03:56 AM   
GShock

When you get to a new game, with this scenario, please hit me up in PM. Let's do a multiplayer. Am fed up of playing vs the AI. 

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 85
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/12/2009 9:33:52 PM   
ram300

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebatron
Thanks for the overall positive feedback.

The change to Italian shipping was completely intentional. The Med in Deluxe will have a much more historical feel to it. Italy, in previous scenarios of AWD, had it far to easy. In order to win Cairo, Italy will need to invest in transports. If Cairo is not an objective, then shift Italy's production to something else, and make do with the starting transports.

Regarding Crete, you hit it on the head. Yes, Germany should try for Crete the same turn they declare war on Greece. Since Crete put up a stiff fight and never fell, reducing it to one militia would make it fall rather easily every game. At 2 militia it forces the Axis to hit it harder than they did historically in order to win. In order to secure a win Germany must both amphib and para drop on Crete to take it. Both are not hard to do when the proper plans are laid.

-Transports. I understand and appreciate the attempt to make the Med more historical. Still, I do think that the double whammy of the new layout and the heavily reduced number of transports makes it a tad too hard for Italy to actually try something in the Med, resulting in more predictable games. About one more transport to give a little resilience would probably be an improvement. Or perhaps just a half-built transport in the Italian build queue.

-Crete was a tough fight, but it was won by the Germans, almost exclusively using Paratroops, despite the Allies having reinforced the island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crete

Given the game system, a same-turn airborne (or seaborne) invasion originating from Greece isn't really possible. Staging has to come from N Africa, further complicating the already strained logistics of the Italians.

Of course, this point is kind of moot, as the new Greece event makes taking Greece non-essential to the Axis.

< Message edited by ram300 -- 12/16/2009 9:49:11 PM >

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 86
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/14/2009 10:29:28 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

quote:

Rafael

Rafael, what I suggest you do when selecting Kamikazes is to uncheck Unit Nation Flags in preferences. Since most players, including myself, are now using this new option it makes the old method of displaying Kamikazes non-functional. This is a problem with all scenarios I believe. Not specific to Deluxe. Brian, if he is willing, would need to make some changes in the program to address this. In the mean time just toggle the option off when you need to, then turn it back on.

Thanks for the tip Jesse.

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 87
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/22/2009 5:39:49 PM   
Lebatron

quote:

-Transports. I understand and appreciate the attempt to make the Med more historical. Still, I do think that the double whammy of the new layout and the heavily reduced number of transports makes it a tad too hard for Italy to actually try something in the Med, resulting in more predictable games. About one more transport to give a little resilience would probably be an improvement. Or perhaps just a half-built transport in the Italian build queue.

-Crete was a tough fight, but it was won by the Germans, almost exclusively using Paratroops, despite the Allies having reinforced the island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crete

Given the game system, a same-turn airborne (or seaborne) invasion originating from Greece isn't really possible. Staging has to come from N Africa, further complicating the already strained logistics of the Italians.

Of course, this point is kind of moot, as the new Greece event makes taking Greece non-essential to the Axis.

I have been on the fence about adding a half built Italian transport. If more feedback comes in asking for this then I will add one. So far, when I have played a strong Axis opponent, the Italians have done fine. In some cases Cairo fell.

Thanks for correcting me about Crete. I did not remember right. What come to mind was that Crete was the death of the German paratroop, and then my memory tricked me.

The changes to Crete and the event work together. I dropped the event requirement that Germany must take Greece or else, and replaced it with a real incentive to take Crete. The real incentive being the strong air position Crete offers the Axis. And yes staging the para in Africa for a same turn takeover of Greece and Crete is necessary. If the Med is going to be an Axis objective, then getting a para to Africa does not really strain the Italian fleet capacity that much, because they should have several transports by then. If Italy is not making transports then Cairo must not be an Axis objective that game. In any case, sparing 5 transport capacity to get a para to Africa for the eventual takeover of Crete does not cripple the Axis position in Africa as long as you do not move the para on a turn in which more important units must come first.

(in reply to ram300)
Post #: 88
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/27/2009 10:47:12 PM   
Razz1

How do I intall this patch?

Do you have to have 1.04 beta?

I can't find that download either?

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 89
RE: Deluxe AWD - 12/29/2009 11:18:00 PM   
Lebatron

This should help you out. It is cut right out of the Deluxe readme.

Installing Deluxe AWD
Are you using patch 1.040 or later? If not, get the update first before you continue. It's available for download from Matrix's members section. Register your game to get access to this special area.

Since Deluxe AWD uses a new map it will need to have its own separate install. You have two choices in making your second copy of AWD. The easiest is to copy the folder and rename it to whatever you like, example “Deluxe AWD.” Or you could install right from the CD, but make sure you rename the destination folder or you will just be overwriting the first copy.

Now that you have a fresh copy made patch it, if not already done. Next unzip the download and copy and paste the dat and manual folders right over the old ones. It's that simple. If you did it right, Windows should be asking you if you wish to overwrite. You can confirm a good install by comparison with this readme's pics.
As new patch's come out, it's likely that some data files will get overwritten. You must reapply Deluxe AWD after patching in order for it to function properly. I will follow up with updates to Deluxe AWD when a new patch makes it necessary.

Or more succinctly follow these steps and you can't go wrong.
1. Make a new copy of the game as described above.
2. Patch that copy.
3. Unzip the Deluxe mod.
4. Paste the Deluxe mod dat and manual folders over the old ones.

< Message edited by Lebatron -- 12/29/2009 11:26:04 PM >

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Deluxe AWD Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI