Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How do you relate to the two branches of Harpoon?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> RE: How do you relate to the two branches of Harpoon? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How do you relate to the two branches of Harpoon? - 12/4/2007 8:37:06 PM   
Stalintc

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym

I couldnt wait any longer!!!!! So got the download and Physical option!Installed no problems!Just have to read the manual now!

Woot! good choice man!

Be interested to hear what you think!

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 31
RE: How do you relate to the two branches of Harpoon? - 12/4/2007 11:01:42 PM   
Bedford Incident

I've been playing Harpoon since it was on 5 1/4 inch floppies.  I tried to resurrect an old disk a couple of weeks ago, but it wouldn't run on XP at all.  So, I came here in search of answers, and a few days later HCCE was released.

Love it.  It's the same old game, only without all the bugs that were introduced by years of indifferent caretaker owners gone.  Matrix got this one right.

I tried H2 when it first came out.  I found it completely unplayable.

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 32
RE: How do you relate to the two branches of Harpoon? - 12/5/2007 6:48:06 PM   
andym

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stalintc

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym

I couldnt wait any longer!!!!! So got the download and Physical option!Installed no problems!Just have to read the manual now!

Woot! good choice man!

Be interested to hear what you think!

Well,i have been playing around with the Walkthrough scenario.I find the actual Navigation aspects of the game a doddle to get to grips with,piece of cake getting from A to B.I did find a Nanchuka by Sosus then promptly lost contact.So i restarted the scenario as i was sure i was in the wrong area.Well despite useing passiva and active means i found bugger all!So next it tried a different scenario,right off from the start i had Choppers coming out of the wood work,more soviet subs than you could poke a stick at and Surface Units out go give me heart failure!!Unfortunatly,as i turned one fleet to interept and launch my Aircraft,the game decided to give up the ghost with a "dear Bill" message.Seeing as it was 0245 hrs i thought i had best go to bed!There is a LOT more to this game than you first see.i cant wait till i get my physical copy of the manual!So after about 40 mins of playing,i can say i am now addicted!!!!!

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

(in reply to Stalintc)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> RE: How do you relate to the two branches of Harpoon? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI