Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

please help, problem loading on Windows Vista

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> please help, problem loading on Windows Vista Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
please help, problem loading on Windows Vista - 12/1/2007 4:08:28 AM   
fbecker

I have tried to download 4 times (deleting all files after each unsuccessful attempt) on a computer with Vista. When I attempt to open the game, I immediately get an error message involving the AACW.exe file. I had no problem loading onto a computer with XP. What do I do?
Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: please help, problem loading on Windows Vista - 12/14/2007 1:39:46 PM   
Pocus

Hi & sorry for the late answer,

What is the video driver date of your Vista computer? Vista is still a young (understand unstable) operating system and it needs recent drivers (6 months or less ideally). You can check that with your DxDiag file.

You'll be better to post at the ageod technical forum, we survey it each day.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to fbecker)
Post #: 2
RE: please help, problem loading on Windows Vista - 12/14/2007 4:37:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbecker
I have tried to download 4 times (deleting all files after each unsuccessful attempt) on a computer with Vista. When I attempt to open the game, I immediately get an error message involving the AACW.exe file. I had no problem loading onto a computer with XP. What do I do?
Thank you.

I'm sorry I missed this as well - we sometimes miss posts on the forum, your best bet is to e-mail us directly at support@matrixgames.com if you don't get a response on the forum within 24 hours.

What error message are you getting? The fact that it loads on XP for you at least tells us that the downloaded installer is working fine.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to fbecker)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> please help, problem loading on Windows Vista Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI