Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Some times it's the little things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: Some times it's the little things Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/7/2008 1:51:23 AM   
Frido1207

Don´t know if this is a "little thing", but I would like to have a schedule stettings option. Esp. I´m missing interleague / interconference games. In my current fictional league there is not a single interconference game scheduled, meaning that over 162 games, I will never face the half of the leagues teams.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 61
RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/7/2008 3:05:36 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

th,

I experienced that too until I expanded my association to match the size of an MLB association. At that point, the schedule was immediately recognized as "like MLB" and from that point onward, we played interleague games- there was no further input from me necessary.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 62
RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/7/2008 9:40:38 PM   
dzanr

Shaun -

In case you don't see my other thread, I wanted to mention these here. 

I've lately been playing a lot of my PS2007 games manually.  Based on my experiece with other baseball sim software I have, I think the games would benefit from the following new game play features in PS2009: 

• Ability to bring corners in when anticipating a bunt or trying to cut a run off at the plate while still "playing for two" up the middle. By this I mean only corner infielders in. (As opposed to bringing the whole infield in or guarding the lines.)
  • Choosing to hold a runner on base (to reduce the likelyhood of a successful steal or extra base advancement) or not to hold a runner and play behind him (to increase the likelyhood of making the play defensively.)
  • A rating of some sort that indicates how good of a bunter a particular player is. I suppose it might related to the Contact rating.  But would this always be true?
  • A way to estimate the fatigue of the pitcher at any point within game.
  • Ability to view the box score or play log while the game is still in progress.
  • Option to save a game in progress and resume at some later point in time. 

DZ    

• Post #: 63
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/7/2008 11:59:15 PM   
    Frido1207

Frozen,
    thx for the info. Too bad, I think I have to start from scratch again, because I like smaller Leagues better (this time probably a one league association). And I have to do another Draft (oh no).
    Well, thats leads to my next wish:
    An Option to save the game during the Draft.

(in reply to dzanr)
    Post #: 64
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/8/2008 8:11:48 PM   
    renojedi

Hi. I don't post a lot but I definitely play a lot (still).

I'd like to see the following:

1. When you edit a team's name and location, the previous state still is listed on the team's front office screen. So if I replace the Dodgers with the Portland Beavers, it will say Portland Beavers but the small print below with the location will say Portland, OR, CA or Portland, CA based on what I enter.

2. Already mentioned but I'd like be able to enter the birthplace of a player rather than have to use a pull down menu. If, for example, I want to bring over some Japanese players their birthplace is always wrong.

3. Similar to this, colleges are not editable at all. Bad for Japanese players for example but even worse for real minor league players since the college never matches. And I like to make all the minor leaguers in my system real players.

4. The ability to print stats directly from the game. I know you can export to Excel but you get the whole statistical database and after deleting extra cells and rearranging the data it takes about 10 minutes to get a one pager with your teams stats. Would be great to have a printable (pdf) report that could include your teams stats, stats of your minor leaguers, division standings, etc. based upon what you select.

5. And, a print roster options would be great too. Something that lists everyone in the system with ages, position, ratings, etc. Not as important as stats, but a nice thing to have to quickly glance at or (for some of us) to review while away from the game.

Thanks, Shaun. Can't wait to pick up this year's version!

Keith

< Message edited by renojedi -- 1/8/2008 8:18:07 PM >

(in reply to Frido1207)
    Post #: 65
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/10/2008 1:19:39 AM   
    eric517

In line with the discussion regarding the export of reports to Excel, I, too, would like to see this function made to be a little easier done. I guess my ideal situation is to be able to export my team only. I would also like to be able to customize my team reports and be able to see my entire roster at one time with the categories I want to see. For those of you familiar with the FPS:BBPro series, it seems like there were pretty good custimizable reports to be made in that game that could be easily printed.

Also, although I like the implementation of the multiple levels of minor leagues, the minor league roster screen seems a little difficult to look at. I'm not sure how I would suggest changing it . . . I'm talking off the top of my head right now.

(in reply to renojedi)
    Post #: 66
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/10/2008 5:37:41 AM   
    motnahp

Not too terribly long ago (2006?) a change was made as to how players import from the Lahman dB. This change resulted in lesser-used players importing with horrible ratings. This change greatly affects the realism of replay-minded users.

In the past, a seldom-used pitcher would have a Stuff Rating, say, in the 40's on the 1-100 scale. That same pitcher would import now with a single digit STUFF rating and a very poor control rating. When teams have a couple of injured pitchers and are required to bring one of these guys up, stand by for many games with scores in the 20's. These poor guys get abused almost every outing. A pitcher who, in real life, had an ERA in the 3.00 - 4.00 range will end up allowing double-digit runs and walks in one inning. This happens frequently!

Seldom-used batters are all now importing as 5-point scrubs, but their presence does not negatively affect entire associations the way a handful of the poor STUFF/CONTROL pitchers does.

I mention this problem (yawn) about once a month. I don't recall Shaun responding to it directly. Maybe he is working on a compromise solution. This IS definitely a little thing which leads to an unfortunate BIG thing.

(in reply to eric517)
    Post #: 67
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/10/2008 6:31:00 AM   
    DonBraswell

This effects more than little used players. Guys like Gil Hodges import with a 5 rating and never improves. In another post some where I listed a bunch of pitchers and hitters like Gil.
    Don

(in reply to motnahp)
    Post #: 68
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/10/2008 10:23:41 PM   
    KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonBraswell

This effects more than little used players. Guys like Gil Hodges import with a 5 rating and never improves. In another post some where I listed a bunch of pitchers and hitters like Gil.
    Don

Don, you mean that in successive seasons, that 5 rating didn't improve? Yikes, that's definitely an issue.

I'm going back to using real players exclusively, so I'm with you on this.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
    Post #: 69
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/11/2008 7:01:08 PM   
    GNDN

This is a "wish-I-had" as I play through my Association:  can we add runners LOB (as a team, not individually) to the end of game box score?

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....

(in reply to KG Erwin)
    Post #: 70
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/16/2008 6:53:20 PM   
    Wrathchild

Here's something that I think would be helpful (at least for me):

When in the Trade screen, and considering making a deal with a team, it'd be nice to know if they have any players that are already on your Short List. Since these are players that I've already flagged as someone I might be interested in, I'd like to know if my prospective trader partner has any of them.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to GNDN)
    Post #: 71
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/17/2008 12:23:41 AM   
    Wrathchild

I simmed about a week and wanted to go back and review what happened. I went to the first day that I simmed and opened the Box Score. After reviewing it I clicked 'Next Box' and jumped ahead to the end of my simmed period. The intervening Box Scores are there but I can't seem to go through them in forward sequence. Has anyone else seen this happen?

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to Wrathchild)
    Post #: 72
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/17/2008 12:38:09 AM   
    Wrathchild

Another thing I noticed, and was shocked to see, was that my starting catcher sustained a moderate leg injury 3 days before the end of the simmed period. There are a couple of reasons I was shocked to see this:

1) I have the options set to interrupt the simming when an injury occurs

and

2) his player card says that he will be unable to play with this injury. How did he continue playing for the next 3 days then???

Are these issues that need tweaking and/or fixing?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
    Post #: 73
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/22/2008 4:24:05 PM   
    Wrathchild

Being the anal retentive person that I am, I was wondering if the following is possible:

This applies to the team field on the player career stats:

1) Concatenate the City and Team so that, for example, we will know if they played for the New York Yankees or the New York Mets.

2) Hard code #1 into the record, instead of a reference. It seems kind of odd, and sometimes confusing, to see that a player played for a team that didn't even exist in the association at the time. This happens because when you change a team city (and name if #1 was in effect) the previous seasons' historical data all changes to show the current name.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
    Post #: 74
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 1/22/2008 7:01:50 PM   
    Wrathchild

Another thing that I think is pretty serious is how the pitch count often resets when a baserunner makes a steal attempt. I'm not sure if it only happens if they are successful, but I will try to note this. I just know that I've gotten screwed by this many times. I'll have, for example, a 1-2 count going, and the baserunner makes his move and steals second. Now the count may suddenly show as 3-1 and the batter either gets walked or hits in the runner on second. Just as I was about to strike him out, too!

(in reply to Wrathchild)
    Post #: 75
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/1/2008 2:57:23 AM   
    GNDN

I just finished my 2007 replay (The Mets are the champs!) and I am heading into my amatuer draft. After all the postseason awards are bestowed, I noticed their is no mention of LCS MVP or WS MVP.

If it was there, I did not see it.

If it does not exist, can we have in next version?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
    Post #: 76
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/1/2008 4:07:10 AM   
    Jestre

I too would like to see the ability to manage a game in multiplayer. Even if its only one team I get to manage that would be fine.

I would also like to see the ability to set the AI teams manager/gm tendencies on a team by team basis and globally. This would be quite advantageous for deadball leagues.

Ability to select draft picks for AI teams.

< Message edited by Jestre -- 2/1/2008 4:15:42 AM >

(in reply to GNDN)
    Post #: 77
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/2/2008 9:30:41 PM   
    GNDN

Feel better, Shaun. 

After having gone through my first free agent signing period, I would like to make the following request:

An indication of what the player wants:  money or years.  I watched guys sign for 1 year deals when I was offering 3 or 4 years.  If I had known he was after a quick payday, I would have made different offers.  In real negotiations, I am sure it is made clear to the GM exactly what the player values more.  It will also allow me to make better counter-offers. 

Thanks

(in reply to Jestre)
    Post #: 78
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/4/2008 1:04:48 AM   
    SpharV2

Would it be possible to add a groundball-flyball % for pitchers? I generally play in some of the smaller stadiums, so knowing the number would be interesting.

Good luck with the doctors Shaun.

< Message edited by SpharV2 -- 2/4/2008 1:05:08 AM >

(in reply to GNDN)
    Post #: 79
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/4/2008 11:02:31 PM   
    Frozen Stiffer

Our handy-dandy Almanac shows us the single-season records for a certain accomplishment as well as the career leaders in those same accomplishments. However, I think it would be nice to show a single-game leader for certain, applicable feats.

For example, something showing what the record is on the number of hits by a player in a single game, what's the most strikeouts ever recorded in a game, the most home runs, the most stolen bases, the greatest number of pitches, etc.

Just food for thought.

(in reply to SpharV2)
    Post #: 80
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/7/2008 6:10:15 PM   
    Frozen Stiffer

This thread has grown into quite a list and I confess that I am too lazy to search back and see if I already made this suggestion. So, if you find that I already asked for it, I apologize- it's not my intention to whine, I'm merely forgetful.

I would like to have the ability, much like when signing a Free Agent, to determine (by slider or manual input) how much I would like to offer a player when negotiating a contract extension. Currently, I am forced to choose on of the pre-determined amounts. This is extremely limiting as it appears that the amounts listed equal a reasonable increase (or decrease at times) based on their past performance and perhaps an expectation of future performance. However, greed is a powerful thing. Players will think that they are worth more than what appears besides the 1, 2, 3 or 4-year contract amounts, and without the ability to offer them more and step BEYOND those amounts, you're shooting yourself in the foot. First, there's no way you can sign them to an extension; Second, there's nothing you can do about it until Free Agency.

Also, on this same topic, I would like to have it so that players who originally declined an extension offer do not remain "locked out" of a new offer for that same term. For example, if I offer Hanley Ramirez $3 million a year for a 2-year contract and he declines, I cannot make another offer on a 2-year contract for the rest of the season; the option is no longer available. Sure, I could offer him a 1-year deal, or a 3- or 4-year pact, but what I don't think is right is how I am LIMITED to those options. I would like to offer him another 2-year contract, obviously for a little more.

It would be reasonable and realistic if I had to wait a bit before he was willing to listen to another offer. Maybe I offended him by extending him for too short a time? Maybe I insulted him by offering too little? Perhaps he needs some time to cool down. Fine. But eliminating that option for the remainder of the season? It seems a bit harsh.

That's just my two pitches. I welcome yours.

Post #: 81
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/7/2008 6:16:36 PM   
    Wrathchild

What I liked about the version of Madden football I had was the player's agent would tell you exactly what he was looking for and why your offer was unacceptable. That was very cool.

Post #: 82
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/7/2008 8:16:32 PM   
    Frozen Stiffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

What I liked about the version of Madden football I had was the player's agent would tell you exactly what he was looking for and why your offer was unacceptable. That was very cool.

Ooooohhh.... feedback. Nice.

::insert sound of drool here::

(in reply to Wrathchild)
    Post #: 83
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/15/2008 11:37:15 PM   
    Frozen Stiffer

In the midst of the revelation over Shaun's good news, allow me to say that I am posting this for the sheer purpose of sharing a "little thing" that I spotted. As with everything else I've mentioned, I certainly don't expect prompt attention to any of it. That said...

It's the post-season and as I was getting ready to trim my major league roster back down to 25, I noticed something. During September, I called up a lot of people from the minors and after glancing at my long list of relievers (I have 11), I noticed that the game only numbers the first 10. No big deal really, but if I have 11 relievers, I would think it should show 11 places, not 10. Observe the screen shot:

This is a fine example of a "little thing", is it not?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 2/15/2008 11:38:19 PM >

Post #: 84
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/16/2008 2:21:43 AM   
    KG Erwin

For us game-by-game managers, a quick review of the weather conditions during the game would be handy.

Post #: 85
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/16/2008 2:37:51 AM   
    Frozen Stiffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

For us game-by-game managers, a quick review of the weather conditions during the game would be handy.

Absolutely! Having that review during the game, and thus games that may be impacted/delayed/canceled outright due to weather would be a great addition. I would love to see rain delays and little news prompts warning of how the condition of the day is worsening, or improving.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
    Post #: 86
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/18/2008 10:22:52 AM   
    SpharV2

Thought of another Little thing while trying to play and watch the race today.  When I ask the game to disable ambient sounds, could this please include the organ music and cheers?  I don't mind the crack of the bat, since that ensures i see all the hits, but it's kind of annoying to be trying to listen to something and have the organ doing rally music.

Post #: 87
    RE: Some times it's the little things - 2/18/2008 3:56:10 PM   
    Wrathchild

I agree completely. I deleted the music files but unfortunately it still seems to play that annoying organ.

(in reply to SpharV2)
    Post #: 88
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: Some times it's the little things Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI