Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Important Supply Chain Restriction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Important Supply Chain Restriction Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/7/2007 7:30:08 PM   
Monadman

For those of you thinking of invading your neighbors, keep this important supply chain restriction in mind at the beginning of each Land Phase during your invasion. There was some very important text (in bold – see below) omitted from the printed and pdf manuals, but will be added to the next in-game manual update and also added as an official addendum to the former two.

CHANGE
Section: 10.3.3 Depots In Supply Chains
Subsection: Supply Chain Restrictions
Changed the second line (second bullet) to read:

For a major power to place a new depot outside of it’s own territory, an unbesieged corps of that major power must be in that area and not have moved or foraged during the current land phase.

For those of you who ask: why? Because it was designed for the old EiA-like game and is considered as a way for the program to simulate the original EiA step format that required that depots be placed before movement and supply.

Richard

Post #: 1
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/7/2007 9:48:04 PM   
kc_chiefs

Thanks MUCH for this important note. Manuals are notoriously lacking in data that gamers need. Especially computer ones! 

Bill Peters

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 2
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/7/2007 11:36:54 PM   
John Neal

Noob question: I have depot in Toulon, Genoa is Allied, corps has not moved or foraged in the city of Genoa, but says i can't place depot in city of Genoa, 2 areas from Toulon? (in the Land phase)

Toulon is blockaded, but it shouldn't matter, as it is in France proper?

http://members.cox.net/jcneal/Cletus.sav.zip

< Message edited by John Neal -- 12/7/2007 11:49:32 PM >

(in reply to kc_chiefs)
Post #: 3
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/7/2007 11:54:08 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Neal

Noob question: I have depot in Toulon, Genoa is Allied, corps has not moved or foraged in the city of Genoa, but says i can't place depot in city of Genoa, 2 areas from Toulon? (in the Land phase)

Toulon is blockaded, but it shouldn't matter, as it is in France proper?

http://members.cox.net/jcneal/Cletus.sav.zip

John,

Give another read thru of section 6.1. You’ll find this section explains it.

6.1.1 Neutral Minor Countries
Neutral minor countries are non-aligned, and will allow any Major Power to pass through or trace supply through their territory. Major Powers may not place supply depots or garrisons in a Neutral minor country.

Richard

(in reply to John Neal)
Post #: 4
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 12:13:50 AM   
John Neal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman
6.1.1 Neutral Minor Countries
Neutral minor countries are non-aligned, and will allow any Major Power to pass through or trace supply through their territory. Major Powers may not place supply depots or garrisons in a Neutral minor country.

thanks, i re-read whole section & this answers my question.

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 5
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 1:17:59 AM   
Nick1981

That why a lot of player declare war to minor contry in the line of a DOW's with a major to asure the supply line and depot.

What???.....i only accept unconditionnal!....Spain will follow.....;)

(in reply to John Neal)
Post #: 6
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 1:22:00 AM   
Nick1981

a question for that ( i'm a french maternal speaker) for foraging do you mean that whit a corps( or stack)  i'm obliged to pay for it supplyment from a depot if i want to create a new depot and cannot feed in the country with the dice roll of it.

(in reply to Nick1981)
Post #: 7
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 1:37:44 PM   
frayaka

wanna try in french, i m not sure i understand your question
depot creation 1 $
either you roll for forage, or you pay for supply

I have a problem creating a depot under a corp.
Supply source in Breslau
Depot 1 in Krakow
Depot 2 in Lublin
Depot 3 in Brest Litovsk
Depot 4 in Grodno
i have a corp NE of Minsk but i can't create a depot there..
Area 265 is not in a valid supply chain
I ve build a depot in Vilna , destroyed the one in Grodno
BUT Area 265 is not in a valid supply chain, although there's a corp there that has't moved.

If i hit the autoforage button, will the units that will forage use their remaining movement points for foraging? Because i'm trying to besiege 2 cities and after my land phase there's no combat phase ?

Another can you sort the informations in the events window ??
it could be useful to have a few filters (like diplo DoW, forage..)

(in reply to Nick1981)
Post #: 8
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 9:20:16 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: frayaka
I have a problem creating a depot under a corp.
Supply source in Breslau
Depot 1 in Krakow
Depot 2 in Lublin
Depot 3 in Brest Litovsk
Depot 4 in Grodno
i have a corp NE of Minsk but i can't create a depot there..
Area 265 is not in a valid supply chain
I ve build a depot in Vilna , destroyed the one in Grodno
BUT Area 265 is not in a valid supply chain, although there's a corp there that has't moved.

Area 265 is three areas away from Minsk (so that won’t work) and the depot you built in Vilna would not qualify as “already existing (before this turn)” (see section 10.3.3).

quote:

If i hit the autoforage button, will the units that will forage use their remaining movement points for foraging? Because i'm trying to besiege 2 cities and after my land phase there's no combat phase ?

Yes. You should always use the manual forage button if you will be making a siege assault attempt.

Richard

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 9
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 10:04:52 PM   
Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nick1981

a question for that ( i'm a french maternal speaker) for foraging do you mean that whit a corps( or stack)  i'm obliged to pay for it supplyment from a depot if i want to create a new depot and cannot feed in the country with the dice roll of it.

Mon Français est pauvre mais je pense que vous voulez savoir si vous devez payer l'approvisionnement ou pouvez vous forager. L'approvisionnement de dépôt n'est pas exigé mais si vous ne payez pas, vous devez forager. Merci a babelfish ici: http://world.altavista.com.

C'est moi ici:
J'etudie francais por une anne dans l'universite et comprende plus de parle.

(in reply to Nick1981)
Post #: 10
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/8/2007 11:53:21 PM   
frayaka

Thanks Monadman!

About the auto foraging thing, i'm 3 hexes away from a depot so i may be supplied if i pay..
I wanna pay.. but at the end .. i'm on autoforaging and can't attack, the only way i found to bypass is foraging ( at heavy cost..)
How can i avoid this ?

(je suis français donc si je peux aider à traduire, ça sera volontiers)

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 11
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 12:14:46 AM   
Monadman

quote:

Thanks Monadman!

About the auto foraging thing, i'm 3 hexes away from a depot so i may be supplied if i pay..
I wanna pay.. but at the end .. i'm on autoforaging and can't attack, the only way i found to bypass is foraging ( at heavy cost..)
How can i avoid this ?

(je suis français donc si je peux aider à traduire, ça sera volontiers)

Just click the “end current phase” button and any corps that can be supplied will be supplied. If they are outside of the supply range then the program will warn you to forage. If you choose to ignore that warning and advance the game, the program will forage for you using the unused movement allowance and you will not be able make a siege assault attempt.

Richard

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 12
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 10:00:37 AM   
frayaka

I knew that Richard.. but a few turns ago, i ve hit the auto forage for elidgible units, and since some units have kept that option when i look at their supply info (ie Auto Forage / Minsk depot 3.0$)
Is there a limit on the number of units you can supply with a depot ? or some bug with that button?

Regards
Fabrice

< Message edited by frayaka -- 12/9/2007 10:27:56 AM >

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 13
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 11:52:12 AM   
Nick1981

Ok Frayaka, je sais pas pour le jeu sur Pc mais quand je jouait au jeu de table, on peut nourrir maximun 4 corps a partir d'un dépot sinon on est obliger de se nourrir a partir d'un autre dépot ou ligne de dépot d'une autre ville.  apres avoir nourit tes corps d'armé ceux qui ne le peuvent pas se nourisse sur le terrain avec le facteur de forage ou avec le malus de -2 si c'est l'hiver(exepter en affrique du Nord, Siriya et en bas, il n'y a pas d'hiver) avec le facteur de forage du terrain le plus pauvre  sur lequel tu es passer avec ton ou tes corps d'armés durant ta phase de mouvement et avant tes combats en excluant celui (le territoire) dont tu es partit.

Pour ton histoire de dépot a Minsk je comprend pas trop alors je laisse les "pro" te répondre la dessus, la seul chose que je peut te dire cé que si l'ordi considere ta ligne non viable et qu'il te fait payer 3$ pour un corps pour le nourrir c'est surement parce qu'il le fournit a partir d'un dépot viable qui est a trois case et qui n'a pas nourrit déja le maximun de 4 corps d'armée comparative,ent peut etre a d'autre de tes dépots.

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 14
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 2:14:06 PM   
frayaka

Le problème c'est que même s'il y a marqué 3$ il fait forage auto, et du coup je ne peux pas attaquer la ville.
Ca me refait la même chose sur S Pomerania, alors que j'ai un dépot à 1 case et qu'aucune autre unité n'utilise. Obligé de faire un forage manuel pour me sortir de là..
Comme si le fait d'être en forage auto dure plusieurs tours

(in reply to Nick1981)
Post #: 15
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 3:17:57 PM   
frayaka

New case :
Depot in Munich
Napoleon and 6 corps are waiting in Linz just beside that depot.
One month later, Linz is not in valid chain supply ???

And still, once corps have that Forage auto message, they can't besiege cities ... even if within a valid supply chain

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 16
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 3:48:03 PM   
frayaka

Ok i have move troops towards into the city .. my bad :)

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 17
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 4:26:04 PM   
DodgyDave

about those depots, i as france, seem able to put reinforcements into corps around a depot in hanover, but i dont have a link too it, because nearest depot is in amsterdam 3 area´s away, unless that have been changed, so you can trace a link that far and even then, its blocaded, so not sure how it would be able to get the reinforcements anyway.

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 18
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:01:16 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DodgyDave

about those depots, i as france, seem able to put reinforcements into corps around a depot in hanover, but i dont have a link too it, because nearest depot is in amsterdam 3 area´s away, unless that have been changed, so you can trace a link that far and even then, its blocaded, so not sure how it would be able to get the reinforcements anyway.

If you control Hanover then the depot there is the supply source and you do not need a supply chain from elsewhere (see section 7.2.2, subsection Adding Factors to Corps in Supply)

Richard

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 19
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:03:29 PM   
Monadman

quote:

And still, once corps have that Forage auto message, they can't besiege cities ... even if within a valid supply chain

If a corps has an auto forage status (see status panel) then it is in the rural area, try using the “move unit into and out of city” button to setup the siege assault attempt. You’ll notice that when you do this, the program will change the supply status of the besieging unit and it can no longer be auto foraged. You can now safely use the auto forage button and then click the “end current phase” button and any corps that can be supplied will pay the cost to be supplied.

Now, if you are attacking the enemy in a city area (i.e. rural area) and afterwards you wish to attempt a siege assault on the city (if victorious), you must do some micromanagement to get what you want. Those units in rural areas that will NOT be attempting a siege assault AND also can auto forage MUST now be manually foraged. Afterwards, just click the “end current phase” button and any corps that can be supplied will pay the cost to be supplied.

Note: The auto forage button was added for convenience; when a player wished to expedite supply checks.

Richard

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 20
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:15:32 PM   
DodgyDave

so to reinforce a corps, we just need a depot to be in a conq or FS, even for our own troops? thought i had to make a link from france out to like prussia, where i am fighting right now :)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 21
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:34:38 PM   
frayaka

Thanks Monadman

and what about this ?
quote:

New case :
Depot in Munich

(in reply to DodgyDave)
Post #: 22
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:40:32 PM   
dude

quote:

CHANGE

For a major power to place a new depot outside of it’s own territory, an unbesieged corps of that major power must be in that area and not have moved or foraged during the current land phase.

For those of you who ask: why? Because it was designed for the old EiA-like game and is considered as a way for the program to simulate the original EiA step format that required that depots be placed before movement and supply.

Richard

... but to clerify this a bit more... you can move the corps or forage AFTER the depot is placed correct? I've been able to so I've assumed this is not a bug. It's just ment to simulate the pre-movement phase depot placement rule in the boardgame correct? If this is so you may want to revise your rule text because it makes it sound like you can't move or forage at all with the corps to be able to place a depot. "...and not have moved or foraged during the current land phase BEFORE the depot is place."

Dude

< Message edited by dude -- 12/9/2007 6:42:06 PM >

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 23
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:42:10 PM   
Monadman

quote:

Thanks Monadman

and what about this ?
quote:

New case :
Depot in Munich

Click on the depot in Bavaria. In the status panel, does it say it is part of a valid supply chain?

Richard

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 24
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:44:22 PM   
Monadman

Whoops, clicked the "ok" button with out adding my response. See next post.

Richard

< Message edited by Monadman -- 12/9/2007 6:46:18 PM >

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 25
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 6:45:30 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: dude

quote:

CHANGE

Richard

... but to clerify this a bit more... you can move the corps or forage AFTER the depot is placed correct? I've been able to so I've assumed this is not a bug. It's just ment to simulate the pre-movement phase depot placement rule in the boardgame correct? If this is so you may want to revise your rule text because it makes it sound like you can't move or forage at all with the corps to be able to place a depot. "...and not have moved or foraged during the current land phase BEFORE the depot is place."

Dude

Correct, place the depot first and then you can move or forage.

Richard

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 26
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/9/2007 11:20:52 PM   
frayaka

quote:

quote:

Thanks Monadman

and what about this ?
quote:

New case :
Depot in Munich

Click on the depot in Bavaria. In the status panel, does it say it is part of a valid supply chain?

Richard

Yes it is..my corps are supplied from this depot

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 27
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 12/10/2007 2:44:28 AM   
Monadman

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks Monadman

and what about this ?
quote:

New case :
Depot in Munich

Richard

Yes it is..my corps are supplied from this depot

Okay - got it. Oddly enough, it occurs when there is more than one corps in Linz, but not when there is a lone corps there.

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to frayaka)
Post #: 28
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 1/15/2008 5:48:53 AM   
Tater

Depot question...

I landed in Tripolitania (2 Corp)...I cleared the area and took the capital (port city). I placed 1 factor as garrison. I used invasion supply.

Next turn I move the fleets into the city and I already had Depots in two other Turkish ports including Istanbul. Yet, during the land phase the game would not let me build a Depot in that port city area of Tripolitania...why not?

I had already existing depots at ports...
I have friendly corp in a friendly controled port area...
I have fleets in port...

What am I doing wrong?

Later-

Tater

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 29
RE: Important Supply Chain Restriction - 1/15/2008 6:19:16 AM   
zaquex

The most common mistake is to forget you need a fleet together with the depot in the supply source.

Its not clear from your post if you have a fleet in Istanbul or the other possible source.

If you fill this requirement it might be a bug.

(in reply to Tater)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Important Supply Chain Restriction Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI