Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: North Borneo Railway

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: North Borneo Railway Page: <<   < prev  32 33 34 [35] 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: North Borneo Railway - 2/15/2011 1:09:12 AM   
Nomad

You should be able to do that. Access the factory via the factory button at the top of the industry page.

(in reply to Ldeathbow)
Post #: 1021
RE: North Borneo Railway - 3/12/2011 4:30:42 AM   
BigDuke66

What's up with Goa?
It was a Portuguese colony so why can the Allied player use it like any other Indian base, it even has a base force unit.

Also check hex 52,78 it is shown as CLR(Clear) but looks like a jungle hex on the map.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1022
Victoria - 3/26/2011 8:41:30 AM   
inqistor

What is the deal with Victoria Base (near Seattle)?

It have over 10k supply demand, yet there are only 3 units there, with combined need around 500. It is the same, from the scenario beginning (IRONMAN). Not that it actually makes anything, just strange occurence.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 1023
RE: Victoria - 3/26/2011 9:14:51 AM   
herwin

Victoria is a lovely city. Spent a couple of weeks there the summer after I was eighteen. I was navigator on a trawler. Check industry needs.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1024
RE: Victoria - 3/27/2011 10:45:29 AM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin
Victoria is a lovely city. Spent a couple of weeks there the summer after I was eighteen. I was navigator on a trawler. Check industry needs.

Naah. I doubt there is ANY possibility for automatic increase of supply need, because of industry. Anyway, it is Allied side, and everything is repaired.
Also, no ship was rearming there, but as I said, it is the same from the scenario beginning. And it is the same in Scenario 1.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1025
RE: Victoria - 3/27/2011 12:41:47 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

Naah. I doubt there is ANY possibility for automatic increase of supply need, because of industry. Anyway, it is Allied side, and everything is repaired.
Also, no ship was rearming there, but as I said, it is the same from the scenario beginning. And it is the same in Scenario 1.

Industry potentially needs supply, resources, oil, and fuel. Ships based at a city need fuel and perhaps supply.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1026
RE: Victoria - 3/27/2011 3:44:14 PM   
Bradley7735

There's a lot of west coast cities that have a much larger than normal draw of supplies. That's so the supplies are in the ports where the ships are trying to load, instead of, say, Salt Lake City.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 1027
RE: Victoria - 3/31/2011 8:34:38 PM   
inqistor

Oh, that explains everything. I have not checked other ports.
However:
1) That means, that when Japan somehow would conquer one of those cities, they will also catch lots of supplies
2) Victoria is out of main supply network. It can draw only from nearby base from other side of the canal. So infinite "!" sign, unless someone waste lots of supply transports

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 1028
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/8/2011 6:16:11 AM   
el cid again

Stock (Scenario 1 and presumably all scenairos with Japan on the map)
has a properly identified major JNAF base force in slot 4981 - it is
named Kasumigaura and it is located where Kasumigaura ought to be
hex 115,60
but there is no defined location there, no airfield, and no way for the (static)
unit to be useful.

FYI.

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 1029
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/8/2011 11:10:31 AM   
ADB123

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

hex 115,60
but there is no defined location there, no airfield, and no way for the (static)
unit to be useful.

FYI.

And there is a Float Plane unit that is supposed to arrive there, but it can't, so it stays in "2 day limbo" indefinitely.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 1030
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/8/2011 12:38:39 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

hex 115,60
unit to be useful.

FYI.

Hex 115,60 is the location of the Utsonomiya base, which is a port.

Andrew

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 1031
RE: North Borneo Railway - 7/8/2011 12:49:42 PM   
Andrew Brown

Oops. Just visited this thread and found this OLD post which I never replied to...

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

What's up with Goa?
It was a Portuguese colony so why can the Allied player use it like any other Indian base, it even has a base force unit.

It was decided that it was not worth adding Portugal as a separate nation for WitP AE, which would have been required to make Goa a neutral base. Therefore we assume that the Portuguese colonies would align themselves with the Allies.

quote:

Also check hex 52,78 it is shown as CLR(Clear) but looks like a jungle hex on the map.

You are right. I have never spotted that. Belated thanks!!

Andrew

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 1032
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/8/2011 12:50:29 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADB123

quote:

hex 115,60
unit to be useful.

FYI.

And there is a Float Plane unit that is supposed to arrive there, but it can't, so it stays in "2 day limbo" indefinitely.

Which unit please?

Andrew

(in reply to ADB123)
Post #: 1033
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/19/2011 8:36:56 AM   
Saros

Okay so I have been staring at the NZ hex alottment for a while and its been bothering me. I think mostly as I grew up in Nelson. Nelson is a coastal town with a large natural port and an alright airfield while Blenheim is a landlocked city ~10km from the coast with no port. Picton however is in the same hex as Blenheim and has been a port for a looong time but has very very shallow water.

I know its a minor quibble.

Post #: 1034
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 7/19/2011 12:03:04 PM   
Itdepends

Question regarding forest immediately to the east of Edmonton in Canada- is there supposed to be a continuation of the railway there? I've had units strategically moving through from NE Canada CONUS trying to (slowly) strat move through this forest.

Playing scenario 2, just updated to latest Beta and found this while setting all my (now working) search arcs. Not sure if the railway was missing before (or if it was ever there- loading up scen 2 from scratch the map looks the same- forest with no railway).

Cheers,

Daniel

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 1035
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/27/2011 12:12:13 AM   
jcjordan

I posted this in Tech Forum as well

I'm not sure if this is a beta problem or pwhex.dat problem or WAD. I've got a savegame I started under original release & patched up to beta 1108p3 so it's been played under numerous versions. Problem is in moving land units to Tungchow from Wusih. I captured Wusih & then after some time Tungchow fell to me due to ZOC conversion (I guess that'd be what you'd call it) You can see from the screenshots that there's a blue hexside between the bases & a road connection as well so troops should march from Wusih to Tungchow but they instead march to the NW toward Nanking (I assume the scenic route to go around Nanking & back down the other side or the river) Also I've tried to fly troops in but the transport unit resets it's mission each turn to supply w/o flying troops in. I can fly supply in but not troops into Tungchow???? Is that because the base is damged 100% for port & runway. I'd think if I could fly supply in, troops would work as well.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1036
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 7/27/2011 12:30:39 PM   
Mad Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

I'd think if I could fly supply in, troops would work as well.

supply can be airdropped

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1037
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 9/17/2011 7:40:30 AM   
inqistor

There is Antung base, which belongs to China Command HQ, however it is located SE of Port Arthur.

Currently it is province of China, but during war, it was on the border between Manchukuo, and Korea. And all bases around belong to Kwantung HQ. Well, maybe it WAS special case, but I think it is a database bug.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1038
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 9/30/2011 5:23:24 PM   
michaelm75au

From Tech Forum
quote:

Nadzab (98,125) has a port that you can't get to.

The hexsides don't allow TF to get to the port.
Either it shouldn't be a port or the hexsides need adjusting.

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1039
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 10/30/2011 9:29:08 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan
Also I've tried to fly troops in but the transport unit resets it's mission each turn to supply w/o flying troops in.

Hi, when the 'troop' mission automatically turn in 'supply' mission, it means
that you cannot transport the selected unit (or a part of this); when I've tried
to air-trasport an HQ, only a little part was transported (and the mission turned
to 'supply'). I must transport the remaining part of HQ by sea (I'm not sure, but
I think all the support). Maybe it's your case...

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 1040
RE: AE Map, Base, Economic Issues - 10/30/2011 11:40:45 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

From Tech Forum
quote:

Nadzab (98,125) has a port that you can't get to.

The hexsides don't allow TF to get to the port.
Either it shouldn't be a port or the hexsides need adjusting.

Nadzab should not be a port.

Andrew

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 1041
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 11/4/2011 6:12:13 PM   
Bullwinkle58

I posted this in the logistics thread currently open on the main forum, but it's more proper here. (And I want to avoid getting lost in the Search function.) It concerns auto-generation of supply and fuel at UK:

"Splitting this into its own post to get noticed . . .

The above posts on UK supply made me dig a little bit. I don't read the Map sub-thread Andrew runs, so maybe this was discussed long ago. I'm playing one of the mid-beta versions, and my UK base auto-generates 5000/day supply, and 500/day fuel. It sounds from comments that this is the norm for everyone.

However, looking WAAAAAY back in the patch release notes, to

v1.00.84 – September 9, 2009
• First Official Update

• Base Data Changes

we see this

"8. The daily supply and fuel point levels for the United Kingdom off-map base have both been reduced to 100 points per day, from their previous levels of 5,000 and 500 respectively."

I can't find anywhere else this was re-reversed. Was it never done? Was it changed and I can't find it in a later data patch? "

The Moose

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 1042
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 2/13/2012 6:57:42 AM   
BigDuke66

How narrow must a strait to be qualified as "narrow strait" in the game?
I just wonder why there isn't a narrow strait between 91,128(Horn Island) and 90,129(norther end of Australia), the biggest strait there seems to be 5km, is that narrow enough?
And just to get it correct hex 91,127 is a wide strait or?

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 1043
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 2/13/2012 11:03:55 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

"8. The daily supply and fuel point levels for the United Kingdom off-map base have both been reduced to 100 points per day, from their previous levels of 5,000 and 500 respectively."

I can't find anywhere else this was re-reversed. Was it never done? Was it changed and I can't find it in a later data patch? "

100 per day is correct. However the 5000/500 figures seem to keep creeping back in to the scenarios, unfortunately!

Andrew

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 1044
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 2/13/2012 11:05:42 AM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

How narrow must a strait to be qualified as "narrow strait" in the game?
I just wonder why there isn't a narrow strait between 91,128(Horn Island) and 90,129(norther end of Australia), the biggest strait there seems to be 5km, is that narrow enough?
And just to get it correct hex 91,127 is a wide strait or?

A narrow strait is just a few km wide, or less.

I only added in a few straits, generally in the more critical areas of the map. I always intended, but never got around to, adding in all of the straits across the entire map.

Andrew

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 1045
RE: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 2/22/2012 10:41:35 PM   
CV 2

Happened across 2 map errors Andy.

Hex 48, 80 and 49, 82 are both labeled as OD hexes when they should be OS.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 1046
Ohka - 2/28/2012 10:25:54 AM   
Omat

Hello

Seems that the Ohka in scenario 2 (maybe 1) is not bing build.

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The rate isn't hardcoded in AE.
There was a factory producing them in the very early releases of the OOBs, although now I see Tokyo is pretty full of factories.
Maybe it got bumped off. This should be refered to one of the OOB fellows.

Maybe the factory shuld be moved...

Here is the thread with more info`s:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2352548

Hope it helps...

Omat

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1047
Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 10/10/2012 8:25:17 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Been doing some sight-seeing on Google Earth and came across two suspicious-looking clearings in northern New Guinea, south of Manokwari (hex 85/110). A bit of googleing confirmed that they are Japanese wartime airfields - known as Waren Drome (upper image) and Moemi Drome. They are not present in AE. I think they fall into the same category as other RL secondary airfields in the area (e.g. Kaimana, Nabire) - which are in the game as dot bases. Furthermore, note the bomb pockmarks at Waren Drome. If it was important enough to be bombed, it should be included on the map, no? .

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 10/10/2012 8:38:18 AM >

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 1048
RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 10/10/2012 3:11:10 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Been doing some sight-seeing on Google Earth and came across two suspicious-looking clearings in northern New Guinea, south of Manokwari (hex 85/110). A bit of googleing confirmed that they are Japanese wartime airfields - known as Waren Drome (upper image) and Moemi Drome. They are not present in AE. I think they fall into the same category as other RL secondary airfields in the area (e.g. Kaimana, Nabire) - which are in the game as dot bases. Furthermore, note the bomb pockmarks at Waren Drome. If it was important enough to be bombed, it should be included on the map, no? .

Is it possible that Andrew considered them part of the Manokwari airfield complex?

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 1049
RE: Re: Admiral's Edition Map Thread - 10/10/2012 7:59:49 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Possible, but if the Google Earth tools are reliable, Manokwari airbase and Waren Drome are separated by about 48 (land) miles - that would put them in different hexes, no?

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 10/10/2012 8:44:40 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 34 [35] 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: North Borneo Railway Page: <<   < prev  32 33 34 [35] 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI