Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Smelly Morning for MBCFL and the Expansion Draft is in the books

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> RE: A Smelly Morning for MBCFL and the Expansion Draft is in the books Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Smelly Morning for MBCFL and the Expansion Draft ... - 11/21/2008 10:14:23 PM   
mbsports

Sure Brodie,  we actually have our draft this weekend and the current spot for the next Grey Cup is set for around January 18th.  The next season after that(Season 5) will begin March 15th.

A typical CFL season for us will be a total of 16 weeks from start of the season until the Grey Cup wraps up. In that time is a built in week of vacation for me as well. The draft follows the season by 3 weeks and we do have a few weeks of down time after that while the NFL based league winds down.

< Message edited by mbsports -- 11/23/2008 5:30:30 AM >

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 61
CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/23/2008 5:24:12 AM   
mbsports

Hola All,

We have two openings in our CFL league.

Reaser has abandoned the Saskatoon Thunderbirds - which were created from scratch to his specification complete with neon green uniforms that harken to the Orlando Thunder.  This team's identity may be changed however they do need to stay in the Praire Division and will remain in Saskatoon.  If you'd like to grab this team and make it your own please let me know.

We have another opening in Windsor where the Wolves are currently available if anyone would like to take over there.  That team has some latitude in movement as it would remain in the Great Lakes division with Toronto, Ottawa, and Hamilton.  The team would be able to move to a city in the same general area such as London, Kingston, etc.  Also the identity can be changed with the team as well.

We're just about to start our 4th season of CFL Football and would love to have a full slate of GMs. 

In the meantime the 2 teams will be league controled until ownership groups can be established.

Thanks Guys,

Mb

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 62
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/23/2008 10:21:01 AM   
Mykal

Darn it................ bang goes my trade proposal

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 63
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/23/2008 2:52:47 PM   
mbsports

Grumble... league management can facilitate deals and in this case will do so.  

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 64
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/23/2008 8:33:25 PM   
Mykal

Yer I posted before I recieved ya' email

trade proposal is in............. well actually
in again for re-negotiation

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 65
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/24/2008 2:26:38 PM   
Mykal

I've submitted a trade request
and asked to pick up an FA
on your message boards MB, hope I've put 'em in the right place
and done it right.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 66
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/24/2008 6:33:47 PM   
BigSmooth

I would like to give it a go. What would I need to do to join up?

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 67
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/24/2008 10:51:35 PM   
mbsports

We actually don't require a whole lot out of you - we try to mindful of time, so basically we just get your email, your AIM ID if you have one, and your name.  If you'd like to have the DB - I'm fine sharing that so you can make decisions in a mindful manner.  I post just about everything up to the site, and pretty quickly at that.  We're just getting ready to start CFL Season 4 this weekend so I have some news stories to write and will get on those this week since I am now on vacation for about 7 days.

You can get in touch with me over AIM at MBFL Commish
You can get in touch with me over email at mb@mbsportsnet.com
You can get me on MSN Messenger at mb@mbsportsnet.com

Pretty much I'm accessible most days between 5-10/11 PM and then extended office hours on the weekend.

All I ask is to know that I am totally fallible so if you see something that I can improve, you just have to let me know and I'm on it.  

(in reply to BigSmooth)
Post #: 68
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 11/27/2008 2:21:39 PM   
Mykal

SaberCats & Sherbrooke good to go in both MBCFL & MBCIS respectively
depth charts sents in for both
FA's picked up where needed
and more importantly............. Calvin Walk picked up in Trade WOOHOO.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 69
CIS Update - Two Weeks In - 11/30/2008 2:43:11 AM   
mbsports

We're officially 2 weeks into Season 2 of MBCIS and how did the update go you may ask...

Well with the new Macros I've written it was pretty quick, about 30 minutes to update all standings, stats, schedules.  All I have left is to upload the box scores which will just be a standard directory setting, which makes my life easy, and news stories - where I haven't decided who to focus on yet.

For the human guys - well I'm struggling with Windsor, Sherbrooke got rocked, and Calgary is surprisingly awful to start the season.  UBC looks awesome for Mr. Reaser though.  King Rell is coldly efficient and Reed Bushee's career is off to a nice start.  I'll be working on news stories tomorrow and a CFL update as well for the first 2 weeks there.  This is going to be another way too quick season but I'll try to keep it moving with the right amount of detail.  We'll be back on schedule though finally. 

Next weekend big games are Simon Fraser @ Manitoba, Montreal @ Acadia, and St. Mary's vs. St. Francis.  The maritimes are good this season apparently. 

For the humans week 3 and 4 look like this

UBC is off week 3 but then face the Alberta squad that upset Calgary
Calgary has the Saskatchewan teams in for both weeks.  Regina then Saskatchewan as they hope to get back on track
Waterloo travels to take on McMaster then hosts Laurier.  Robin Hillaire, not impressive so far at QB taking Tommy Brunston's spot.  Brunston was drafted by the Argos.
My crummy Lancers take on Queens before traveling to London to take on the Mustangs. We got a whopping 29 yards out of our #1 RB - we're in trouble.
Finally Mykal's Vert et Or are putting on their standard start of the season show.  Last season it was an 0-4 start.  This season they're 0-2 and they have a tough game against an ornery Laval at home and then they travel up the road to face Montreal who beat them 32-25 in week 2.

I'm working on some of the injury stuff, but it seemed to work just fine for the first two weeks so... fuzzy hugs there.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 70
RE: CIS Update - Two Weeks In - 11/30/2008 3:22:45 AM   
Mykal

Well some good some bad for my Sherbrooke
Alejandre has gotten off to a much better start this season which is good news
and he has help this season from fullback McCleese, who looks awesome
and may even share the RB role with Alejandre as the season moves on

The Bad: QB Romiro Manrique, well lets be honest he wasnt good last season
and still no real improvement this season either and in a pass happy league thats major troubles

Wide Receivers: with the exception of Alvin Flores
I dont think my receiver corp could catch a cold in the middle of winter,
not even stood bare ass knee deep in snow

Time to look closely at the more accurate back up QB Jacques Ivel and see if a swap would benefit the team,
on the downside for Ivel, he lacks the intelligence of Manrique and is less mobile
but given his better arm he may well get looked at to try help out the receivers.

EDIT: starting the season against Champions Concordia didnt help either

< Message edited by Mykal -- 11/30/2008 3:23:45 AM >

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 71
RE: CIS Update - Two Weeks In - 12/1/2008 7:45:02 PM   
Reaser

I knew convincing Bushee to come play for me was going to be a major move...

was already set with King at QB, but now Bushee in the backfield, UBC is going to get things done this season...

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 72
CFL Kicks Off Season 4 - 12/1/2008 8:46:30 PM   
mbsports

It looks like this year's CFL slate will be downright offensive from the start of things.
In week 1
Edmonton ruined the debut of the New Brunswick Whalers with a 42-38 shootout win while Yellowknife beat Hamilton 33-30 and knocked out Casey Printers for the season.  Halifax trounced last year's patsy the T-Birds 42-8 and Saskatchewan beat the Tips 23-13 in Victoria.  Montreal beat the Grey Cup champion Renegades 31-15 while Winnipeg laid a whooping to Thunder Bay 43-13.  Windsor couldn't contend with the Lions and lost 33-7 while Newfoundland beat Toronto 28-23. Calgary and Quebec had one of the best games in MBCFL history with Quebec winning on a last second touchdown 36-35.  In week 2 the SaberCats drew the Thunderbirds and won 45-21 showing that while Toon's QB situation may be better with Pitts, their defense is still a big problem.  Halifax moved to 2-0 by beating the Windsor Wolves 25-19.  The Griffins gave Saskatchewan a fight for 3 quarters but lost 39-29 in the end.  Ottawa rebounded from their week 1 issues and beat the Silvertips 37-20 while the Whalers came up short again 24-21 to the Knights in an all Maritimes matchup with Newfoundland.  Edmonton moved to 2-0 in shocking fashion destroying BC 53-16 while the Bombers took care of the Ti-Cats 35-16.  Quebec moved to 2-0 with a 22-13 win over the Argos and finally Calgary grabbed their first win of the year with a 27-16 win over Montreal.

Speaking of offensive here's what I meant.  Thru 2 games Henry Burris and Rex Grossman are over 800 yards, which is astounding.  The overall leaguewide scoring is up huge and we could see the 4,766 yards that Novak got last year fall as a record.  In fact 5,000 yards probably goes down this season.  33 touchdowns is also going to be in jeopardy as Ricky Ray has 10 majors thru the first 2 weeks.  Rushing is down a little bit but Jon Cornish racked up 209 yards and 4 scores in the first 2 weeks while Ian Smart got 3 TDs in week 1.  Mike Lindstrom was one of the beneficiaries of the offensive explosion in Edmonton with 5 scores in the first 2 weeks while Paul Huffman has 19 catches and 383 yards so far.

Avon Cobourne became the first MBCFL player to rush for over 4,000 yards, he's also the first rusher with 30 TDs.  Ian Smart, Joe Smith, and Henri Childs are all closing in on 30 as well.  Jarious Jackson has a good shot at breaking 100 career MBCFL TDs with 85 at press time while 15,000 yards is likely going to be passed by Jackson and Ricky Ray.  Big props to Kahlil Carter as well as the Argos DB has 300 career tackles, the first to that marker.

On the injury front the big one is Casey Printers out for the season in Hamilton with a back injury suffered against the SaberCats.  Josh McCown has taken his spot on the roster.

Robert Bean is out for 2 weeks with a concussion for the Bombers and Scott Gordon has a slight hamstring pull for the Riders. 

I've been spending my vacation working... yes honestly my work got crazy enough so that in using my 3rd-5th vacation days of the year I didn't actually use any on vacation and I spent Sat and Sun in the office.  S'aight I have 4 weeks next year so I may just take a whole month off and go underground or something. 

All of that being said I haven't had a chance to write up news stories for the sites and I might not get a chance to until Saturday/Sunday as my parents are in from Virginia.  As soon as possible I will do a write up for each of the leagues but right now my eyes are bugged out of my skull from looking at cpu monitors so I'm taking a nap and hoping no one calls... and I already know they will.

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 73
RE: CFL Kicks Off Season 4 - 12/1/2008 10:28:33 PM   
Mykal

WOOHOO

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 74
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 12/2/2008 1:13:06 AM   
BigSmooth

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbsports

We actually don't require a whole lot out of you - we try to mindful of time, so basically we just get your email, your AIM ID if you have one, and your name.  If you'd like to have the DB - I'm fine sharing that so you can make decisions in a mindful manner.  I post just about everything up to the site, and pretty quickly at that.  We're just getting ready to start CFL Season 4 this weekend so I have some news stories to write and will get on those this week since I am now on vacation for about 7 days.

You can get in touch with me over AIM at MBFL Commish
You can get in touch with me over email at mb@mbsportsnet.com
You can get me on MSN Messenger at mb@mbsportsnet.com

Pretty much I'm accessible most days between 5-10/11 PM and then extended office hours on the weekend.

All I ask is to know that I am totally fallible so if you see something that I can improve, you just have to let me know and I'm on it.  

I'm sorry that I did not jump on this. I rolled out of town for Thanksgiving.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 75
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 12/2/2008 11:38:35 AM   
Mykal

no worries BigSmooth, there's still time to jump in
season's only just underway

(in reply to BigSmooth)
Post #: 76
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 12/2/2008 7:20:33 PM   
BigSmooth

Cool. I'll shoot the league office an email tonight about taking over a team.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 77
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 12/2/2008 10:21:45 PM   
mbsports

I'm still considering the SaberCats potential frauds until they actually beat someone.  I'm also ticked that I put them in my division - STUPID MB STUPID STUPID!

(in reply to BigSmooth)
Post #: 78
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 12/3/2008 12:51:47 AM   
Marauders

quote:

I'm still considering the SaberCats potential frauds until they actually beat someone.  I'm also ticked that I put them in my division - STUPID MB STUPID STUPID!

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 79
RE: CFL Openings - 2 Open - 12/3/2008 2:54:07 AM   
Mykal

quote:

FRAUDS !!!!!!!
how very dare you
you can only beat the team your playing ............. but dont worry MB the Stampeders turn will come

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 80
CFL Week 4 Update - 12/7/2008 8:04:01 PM   
mbsports

Well I finally had a chance to write some news stories!  Working on some CIS updates as well

Devils Continue to Impress
December 7, 2008

HTML clipboard The Halifax Devils have continued to show their progress from last season with a 4-0 start achored by a 20-13 win over the Newfoundland Knights.  Matt D'Orzio has continued to show his quality and an 8-14 performance for 106 yards and a score was enough to get the win on a day when scoring was at a premium.  Charles Wong has continued to show that he is the top the kicker in the MBCFL at this point with 2 46 yard field goals and additional shots from 28 and 31.  Another Arena Football refugee has been huge for Halifax as Siaha Burley has 30 catches and 5 touchdowns so far this season.  Halifax has a huge divisional showdown with the Quebec Bulldogs next week, their only meeting of the season in week 5.  Then a trip to Calgary will be another tough challenge for the Devils.  Halifax is hoping to continue their progression that saw them in the Eastern Final last season and they'd like to go one further this year.
SaberCats Drop 2 After Quick Start
December 7, 2008

The Yellowknife SaberCats play in the furthest north location of any team in North America by about 2,000 miles.  It's cold just about always but the team got off to a hot start and for an expansion team they've shown some talent to start Season 4.  After taking out Hamilton and Saskatoon to start their CFL life the SaberCats dropped back to back road trips to Windsor and Edmonton.  Tarvaris Jackson has been effective so far though with only 1 interception against 9 touchdowns.  Kevin Jones has been solid as well, following up on a season where he was supposed to be playing for Saskatoon with a nice effort for the Bengals.  This season he's playing a little further north and has 61 rushes for 219 yards and 3 scores.  Scott Mitchell may be the most impressive of the team's players though.  Mitchell has 794 yards receiving thru 4 games and is being mentioned as a potential MVP candidate.  It's fully expected that the receiving records of Darrell Jackson will fall this season and Mitchell is a surprise candidate to pull it off.  Weston Dressler has been off to a slower start but playing out of the slot has hurt him.  Expect the Cats to eventually line him up out wide and attempt to bust up teams thru the pass.  Calvin Walk was acquired via trade prior to the start of the season and is showing that the confidence placed in him was warranted with 20 tackles and 3 sacks so far while Michael Boulware has a pair of picks to anchor the defensive backfield.  Yellowknife is currently 2-2 and probably won't be a playoff team but they should challenge for 2nd in the Pacific or a cross-over to the Prairie division.
Windsor Wolves Ownership Changes
December 7, 2008

Windsor's fledgling CFL franchise has seen some good and some bad but when their initial ownership group failed there were worries that the team may not make it.  John Stone has put together a group of investors and taken over the team operations.  The first move of the management team was bringing in Jason Ferguson, Sam Williams, Vernand Morency, and Kelly Butler.  The 4 NFL castoffs helped yield immediate returns with a 19-14 win over Yellowknife and then a 43-16 whooping of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  When the players arrived for their home game against the SaberCats a surprise was waiting as well as all of the team's signage, uniforms, and locker room had been re-designed to fit a new identity over a 2 day period.  Brad Banks is the team's leader from the QB spot and said that the changes were like night and day.  The Wolves win over the Bombers was key for Banks as he threw for a mammoth 632 yards and 5 scores to lead the team.  Windsor has quickly gone from a mid range team to apparently a team that can beat up some of the best in the league.  They should be able to hold off a dreadful Argos squad and the QB-less Tiger-Cats in order to make the playoffs.
Final Two Expansion Teams Cleared
December 7, 2008

After speculation, rumor, hints, lies, allegations, negotiations, and finally fiscal investment 2 final teams have been announced for MBCFL.  The London Imperials and Sudbury Spartans will join the MBCFL for Season 5 to round out the league at 20 teams. Sudbury will join the Great Lakes division and will carry forth the tradition of the NFC Sudbury Spartans including the Blue Silver and White colors.  London also is picking up a tradition as they will inherit the Sarnia Imperials heritage with 2 Grey Cups from 1934 and 1936.  Arena Woes Make Some Players Thankful
December 7, 2008

With the Arena Football League going thru massive upheaval and change there are a lot of MBCFL players who are happy to have a place to play as the Arena league seeks to sort itself out.  Players such as Mark Grieb, Matt D'Orazio, Siaha Burley, and Ahmad Hawkins had been slated to play in both leagues but with the AFL in flux there is a change that they will continue in the CFL without an off-season shot at indoor ball.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 81
CIS Week 4 News Stories - 12/7/2008 8:26:09 PM   
mbsports

HTML clipboard Laurier Downs Waterloo
December 7, 2008
Wilfrid Laurier is undefeated and they're looking stronger every week.  Kicker Sean Lee booted the Golden Hawks to a 22-3 win on Saturday against Waterloo to raise them up to 4-0. Mel Newton has been the heart and soul of this team as the second year back has 575 yards on the group with 6 scores buidling on a spectacular first season. The top senior has been Lorenzo Nielsen who is quickly becoming a name on the lips of CFL GMs.  Nielsen has 5 sacks and 18 tackles so far and is generally regarded as an agile body on the line who gets into position to make tackles.  Laurier has week 5 off and then travels up Lake Ontario to take on Queen's in a game that could have a big impact on playoff seeding late in the year. In Sherbrooke They Call Out "Not Again!"
December 7, 2008

Last season  Sherbrooke lost 5 in a row to start the season, and they're in a repeat mode apparently as the team has now dropped 4 in a row including both of their matchups with the Carabins and to Laval. Ramiro Manrique has struggled with 5 ints so far although he has looked better then he did a season ago.  David Quint has done an adequate job of taking the spot of Calvin Walk but overall this team will need to make a big turn around in order to get back into the running for the Dunsmore Cup.Pasternak Leads Alberta Out of Wilderness
December 7, 2008

After a 2-8 season last year the Alberta Golden Bears needed to find an identity.  After their openening 20-4 loss it was Gary Pasternak who stepped up and laid down the challenge to this team.  The Senior QB has now led the team to 3 wins in a row including a 49-4 win over Saskatchewan and a 41-15 win over UBC.  Pasternak is starting to get some looks from the CFL as he's turned around his game heavily.  Alberta will have some idea of whether they can get to the playoffs after their next 2 games, a return game against the Huskies and then a trip to take on Simon Fraser.  After week 6 Alberta could be in the driver's seat or looking up at where they need to be. Huskies Turnaround Team of the Year
December 7, 2008

After finished 3-7 and nowhere near a Vanier Cup playoff game the St. Mary's Huskies have sprinted out to a 4-0 start.  Their key player is 2nd year QB Anderson Manansala who has 1380 yards and 9 TD in their first 4 games.  Jamie Feierman and Dave Salters have combined to give the Huskies a potent rushing attack while Jason Gatling, Bob Singleton, and Werner Cameron give them a wonderful set of receivers.  St. Mary's has won against each of their Atlantic counterparts.  They face 2 underdog games against Montreal and Laval but after that they have a 3 week span against the Atlantic teams that should launch them into the playoffs for the first time. Ferguson's Pro Prospects Increase
December 7, 2008
Roger Ferguson had a nice season last year with 1,096 yards and 9 scores, but wasn't getting a lot of looks from the CFL teams.  Now with 572 yards and 4 scores to start Season 2 he's starting to get a few more looks.  At 6'4" 197 Ferguson is a tall back who can catch the ball effectively out of the backfield.  Ferguson's Golden Gaels are 2-2 and he can make a big time impression with back to back games against Western and Laurier in the next 2 weeks.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 82
RE: A Smelly Morning for MBCFL and the Expansion Draft ... - 12/8/2008 3:15:23 AM   
Marauders

Yellowknife is a cold place.  It has one of the coldest Autumn and Winters in Canada for any city of that size or larger.

I mean, Winnipeg is cold, but Yellowknife makes Winnipeg look like a day on a Florida beach.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 83
RE: CFL Week 4 Update - 12/8/2008 3:45:25 AM   
Mykal

Hahahahahahahahahaha
come on SaberCats dig deep LOLOLOL

in all honesty I arnt expecting to reach the play offs
I'm working toward a 3 year plan, after that I expect to be making the play offs
having to pick up a team out of free agency was never going to give me a good side to field
if these guys were good they wouldnt have been in the FA list

Sherbrooke................ OMG
here we go again!!!!!
sack the GM............. Oh hold on......... thats me, hahahahahaha

can I ask you to swap my QB in here or do I need to send in the whole depth chart again
if I can do it here..........
Bench Ramiro Manrique to the no.2 slot
and promote no.2 QB Jacques Ivel to the starting role

Manrique has had his chance, he's let us down again and himself for that matter.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 84
MBCFL & MBCIS Thru Week 6 - 12/17/2008 12:41:17 AM   
mbsports

Well we're into the heart of the season for CIS as teams start to really jockey for Vanier Cup playoff spots.
Saint Mary's is 6-0 and all but assured of a spot while St. Francis and Mount Allison look likely to get the other 2 in the Maritimes.  Saint Mary's MISSED last season so their turnaround is remarkable. Acadia doesn't look all that good this season.  In Quebec Montreal is 4-2 with Concordia rebounding from a bad start now at 3-2.  Laval is 3-3 and haven't looked all that good this season. Bishops looks to be bringing up the 4th spot but don't count out Mykal's Vert et Or - they started their traditional turn around with a win over Bishops which is big for them.  McGill is awful.

Laurier and Ottawa currently are 4-1 and on top of the OUA but Windsor and York are 3-1 as well so they have a good shot at the playoffs if they keep it up.  Queens is 4-2.  Waterloo is 3-3 and McMaster 2-3.  Waterloo is an offensive juggernaught at times and just plain old bad at times.  Western Ontario is surprisingly the worst football team in the nation so far while Guelph matches their win total of 0.  Last season Toronto surprised with a 2 seed in the OU but it won't happen again this year.  They're struggling and a turnaround seems unlikely.  Look for some shuffling in this deck for sure.

Out west the Dinos are all but done as they sit at 1-5 while Regina is on life support at 1-4.  Manitoba is actually within a game or two of clinching a playoff spot at 5-0 and ranked #1.  UBC can put up points at will and are now tied with rivals Simon Fraser at 3-2.  Alberta is 3-3 and Saskatchewan 2-2 so they likely will battle it out for the last spot.

In the pros Week saw Windsor's streak under new ownership end with a 41-8 drubbing by the Riders.  Toronto finally broke thru with a win over the hard luck Whalers.  The Tiger Cats may finally have a QB with Richie Williams and Casey Printers on the bench Josh McCown has looked pretty good so far.  They took out the Tips 18-9.  Saskatoon lost a hard one to Ottawa 24-17 while the SaberCats lost to Newfoundland 38-27 in an offensive shootout.  Speaking of shootouts the Als almost lost to Thunder Bay but pulled out a 41-38 win in OT.  Edmonton continued to look good with a 31-19 win over Winnipeg while the Devils continued rocking and rolling with a 36-18 win over Quebec.  Finally the Stampeders lost to B.C. 35-15 and they lost KenYon Rambo to injury.  MB was not amused.

MB continued to be not amused when the Stamps dropped to 3-3 with a 23-16 loss to Halifax in week 6.  Victoria rebounded nicely with a 22-11 doubling up of the hapless T-Birds.  Saskatchewan held on for a 30-28 win over Edmonton to solidify their spot on top of the Prairie while Windsor dumped their 2nd in a row this time 22-9 to Ottawa.  Newfoundland couldn't get going offensively in a 20-6 loss to the Bombers while Hamilton did just enough to beat the 0-6 Griffins 14-10.  Yellowknife got off of the shnide with a 17-15 eek out win over Quebec down south while Toronto looked pretty good in a 30-21 win over the Lions.  Finally the Whalers lost one by more then 10 as Montreal hammered them 32-9.

Ricky Ray has been running up the score sheet this season and Mike Lindstrom has been the key target now with an astonishing 1,224 yards for the Eskimos.  Teams will likely start doubling him up but there's a good shot for some records to fall including the TD mark for receiving .  Paris Jackson set the mark at 15 but Lindstrom only needs 3 in the next 12 weeks to top him - mark that record as shattered.  Kevin Jones is making the most of the CFL now that he's here with Yellowknife.  At least before it turns 45 below zero.  The heating systems at the Ing are pretty good.  We shudder at the early November trip to the Knife... brrrr. 

As a note - best kicker in the MBCFL is still Charles Wong.  He's converted 18 of 23 FGAs and leads the league in punting by almost 3 yards.  After coming out of the MBCFA Hawaii program Wong was a great player already.  Check this out - Wong graduated from Hawaii after Season 1 - he has prototypical kicker size if you wanted to choose a kicker's size.  He's 6'0 215 and his stat sheet is ridiculous.
From 1-29 12 of 13
From 30-39 10 of 13
From 40-49 9 of 12
From 50+ 5 of 8
Long of 61!!
He also handled kickoffs at Hawaii although he just picked up the punting once arriving on the other coast.  If Wong wanted to find a spot further away from Hawaii he'd have to play in Mykal's backyard without NFL Europa.  Knowing that my beloved gunners are probably playing 12 year olds again this week maybe Arsenne Wenger can put him in on defense - he can't be any worse then William Gallas.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 85
RE: MBCFL & MBCIS Thru Week 6 - 12/17/2008 2:58:21 AM   
Mykal

well an 0 and 5 start last season
and 1 and 4 this season for Sherbrooke
does that count as improvement..............LOL

maybe Manrique can keep his spot after all
I am going to take another look at my depth chart though.

MBCFL........
I still dont see QB Kory Haney of McGill on my roster MB
when you get around to it and have added him
can you release QB Kyle Wright at the same time please
Haney's College numbers should see him a little better than Wright

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 86
RE: MBCFL & MBCIS Thru Week 6 - 12/17/2008 3:08:04 AM   
mbsports

Oh cracker crumbs!

I put Haney on your roster put didn't create him on the site yet - yeah I'll get both of those set tonight.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 87
RE: MBCFL & MBCIS Thru Week 6 - 12/17/2008 1:42:46 PM   
Mykal

cheers MB

no need to resend me the DB
I can add haney myself from the numbers on site

EDIT: Hahahahahaha, yep I see him on my roster, but no skill set numbers showing
so no idea how good he may or may not be................. keeping his cards close to chest and giving nothing away... LOL

< Message edited by Mykal -- 12/17/2008 2:01:48 PM >

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 88
RE: MBCFL & MBCIS Thru Week 6 - 12/17/2008 5:44:26 PM   
mbsports

Fixed - I had both sets of ratings for him and Muhsin Muhammad under Muhammad.

Also Windsor made a move and have picked up much maligned Chad Jackson to help out much maligned Brad Banks

Gotta believe Windsor is planning on drafting/trading for a QB somewhere down the road.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 89
RE: MBCFL & MBCIS Thru Week 6 - 12/17/2008 6:01:02 PM   
Mykal

kewl, nice to see some mid season interaction from GM's
rather than just me.......... makes me look picky when its just me LOL

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> RE: A Smelly Morning for MBCFL and the Expansion Draft is in the books Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI