Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't Attack with British Fleets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Can't Attack with British Fleets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't Attack with British Fleets - 12/12/2007 3:55:14 AM   
cckcdw

Hiya,

Playing a Me vs AI game.

I am British Player.

At War with Spain and France.

When I move my fleet stack into a sea area with France and Spain Fleets, and I try to click the attack enemy button it tells me the I do not control this stack (I am selecting the GB stack before doing this).

If I select the French Fleet and click attack enemy it seems OK but the naval battle is then GB vs GB with both sides getting Nelson, but with all losses coming out of the same pool.

Am I doing something wrong.

How is everyone else going with this.

Also, if the Russians are my Ally is it possible for our fleets to combine? I can't see how I can do this, I tried loaning a fleet and it didn't want to let me.

Kelvin
Post #: 1
RE: Can't Attack with British Fleets - 12/12/2007 4:18:00 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: cckcdw

Hiya,

Playing a Me vs AI game.

I am British Player.

At War with Spain and France.

When I move my fleet stack into a sea area with France and Spain Fleets, and I try to click the attack enemy button it tells me the I do not control this stack (I am selecting the GB stack before doing this).

If I select the French Fleet and click attack enemy it seems OK but the naval battle is then GB vs GB with both sides getting Nelson, but with all losses coming out of the same pool.

Am I doing something wrong.

How is everyone else going with this.

Also, if the Russians are my Ally is it possible for our fleets to combine? I can't see how I can do this, I tried loaning a fleet and it didn't want to let me.

Kelvin

Kelvin,

I was able to reproduce that “at sea” bug v France and Spain stacked together. Look for a fix in the first patch (coming soon). Also, fleets cannot be loaned at this time. That one is on the enhancement list.

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to cckcdw)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't Attack with British Fleets - 12/12/2007 6:16:12 AM   
cckcdw

So I did some playtesting:

New Game:

England at war with France
Turn 1 Austria allies with France and DoWs on England

Austrian Fleet sails for the Med
French Fleet sails to the same sea area
English Fleet sail to the same sea area

Same result England cannot attack (get error You do not control this stack)

So on turn 2 I break the alliance but left both countries at war with England
This turn England could attack either fleet or both fleets, if I selected both fleets it was a combined battle with the Austrians and French on one side.

I will now try to attach an alliance fleet with the russians to see if it is an allies thing or a England thing.

Kelvin

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't Attack with British Fleets - 12/12/2007 6:36:46 AM   
cckcdw

OK so,

I Allied France with Russia, and had France DoW Turkey. (but I didn't DoW Turkey from Russia)

I was continuing the same game so the last thing that had happened was the british had attacked the combined French and Austrian Fleets (when they weren't allied, but both at War with GB).

So the Austrian Fleet had been wiped out and the french fleet counters had disappeared.

I thought this was odd but then went and looked in the counter pool and they were there with factors in them so I but them back out in the next reinforcement phase.

So I moved a Russian fleet and a turkish fleet together then moved a french fleet in.

First problem even before we got to test the attack enemy button:
      Every time I moved a french fleet into the sea area with the russian ally and the turkish enemy fleet the counter would revert back to the counter pool.

Eventually (3 turns later) I put the french and the russians into a sea area then brought the Turks in.

Again the turks could not attack enemies when the allied fleets were in the same place.
As soon as I broke the French/Russia Alliance the turk could attack the french.

So it is probably an allied fleet thing.

At the end of that battle the french retreated to Marseille so the counter pool thing didn't happen again.

Kelvin

The fleets disappearing into the counter pool would appear to be a different problem

< Message edited by cckcdw -- 12/12/2007 6:39:38 AM >

(in reply to cckcdw)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't Attack with British Fleets - 12/12/2007 3:48:43 PM   
Marshall Ellis

FYI: I looked at this and was able to dup and fix it! Will be in the first patch!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to cckcdw)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Can't Attack with British Fleets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI