Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on Access

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Question on Access Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on Access - 12/14/2007 8:05:57 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

I'm playing Prussia against the AI. I am allied with Russia, and one of the messages I get during the land phase is:

Now during the diplomacy phase, I get this message about Russia seeking access to Prussia:

The manual, on page 42:

"Major Powers may request voluntary access into an ally's territory using the phase button and/or accept (grant) voluntary access into theirs. To Grant access, the major power must give a standing order to allow access in the Diplomatic Reactions Screen.

Further down the manual says that if the box is checked to grant access, "access will be allowed during the next land phase." Note also, that this is the second land phase that I have had the access button checked and the second time that access to Russia to enter Prussia has been denied.

Is there something else I need to be doing? Or is the message I'm seeing not during the land phase (I assume it is, since it is during the land phase that access is granted or denied.).

Thanks,

Alan

< Message edited by Alan_Bernardo -- 12/14/2007 8:08:47 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question on Access - 12/14/2007 9:32:35 AM   
Twotribes

All I know is during diplomacy phase I asked my ally for access and he responded ( AI) that I was granted access. Since I am France and he is Turkey I have sent no one there actually, no need to.

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on Access - 12/14/2007 1:57:00 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo

I'm playing Prussia against the AI. I am allied with Russia, and one of the messages I get during the land phase is:

Now during the diplomacy phase, I get this message about Russia seeking access to Prussia:

The manual, on page 42:

"Major Powers may request voluntary access into an ally's territory using the phase button and/or accept (grant) voluntary access into theirs. To Grant access, the major power must give a standing order to allow access in the Diplomatic Reactions Screen.

Further down the manual says that if the box is checked to grant access, "access will be allowed during the next land phase." Note also, that this is the second land phase that I have had the access button checked and the second time that access to Russia to enter Prussia has been denied.

Is there something else I need to be doing? Or is the message I'm seeing not during the land phase (I assume it is, since it is during the land phase that access is granted or denied.).

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

Just tested this out and found that it is a bug. Thanks. Fix coming in patch – soon

Thanks

Richard

Post #: 3
RE: Question on Access - 12/14/2007 7:01:01 PM   
ndrose

Until that gets patched, I think you can get it to work in the following way:

Don't just check the box. It doesn't seem to recognize that. But if you click the country name first, so it's highlighted, then the game seems to know, OK, we're talking about such-and-such a country. THEN click the box, and it should take effect. At least that seemed to work for me.

I found some similar fussiness with some of the other diplomatic screen selections, like calling to allies.

Nathan Rose

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Question on Access Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI