Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI building Minors up?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> AI building Minors up? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI building Minors up? - 12/14/2007 10:04:17 PM   
nappy

Marshall,

I am noticing it happen again and again. Can you verify that AI powers are actually building up their free state troops. (I know under classic rules when a nation becomes free its "starting forces"as on the minor neutral list are in its pool -- depending on the year.

But, I have played three games (2 as GB, 1 as Russia) and in both cases - even while ist corps were on the board for almost two years as a French Free State - Sweden was still 11/2 and 12Hv - which were its starting forces. I havent also seen AI France Build/use Minor Neutral Corps much. I think Prussia does as I have seen the Saxony corps get destroyed and re-appear.

Naps
Post #: 1
RE: AI building Minors up? - 12/15/2007 12:31:45 AM   
Marshall Ellis

I'll look at it and let you know...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to nappy)
Post #: 2
RE: AI building Minors up? - 12/15/2007 1:41:08 AM   
nappy

Updated info. I *think* the reason may be the economics. Free states receive 200% of their printed Money and Manpower, as well all know. Yet, playing as France I noticed that during the economic phase the FS minors had actually printed values MINUS corps/flt costs. This is a bug not just for AI but players as well possibly for all FS minors. I had Sweden and Holland as FS minors in this scenario.

Sweden had 9/6 (occu[ied finland) to build with (12/6 -3 maintenance). Shouldnt she have had 18/12 -3 . Thus in this situation she should have 15/12 after maintenance (you may not lose MP in occupied provinces). Strangely , the in game minor details show 18/10.

Holland was wierder.  Printed is 7/3 and the in game display is correct as 14/6. Yet during the economic phase Holland had $3/6 available to spend (3 units on map) so it had actually lost $1 somewhere. After maintenance it should have been 11/6.

Thus maybe the FS are not being built up, in part, must because they dont have their proper amounts or money and the AI may just be throwing a lot away. Yet this still doesnt explain why in my earlier games sweden had nothing built at all.  

Really strange.

Naps

< Message edited by nappy -- 12/15/2007 1:43:15 AM >

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: AI building Minors up? - 12/15/2007 3:05:19 AM   
Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: nappy
Holland was wierder.  Printed is 7/3 and the in game display is correct as 14/6. Yet during the economic phase Holland had $3/6 available to spend (3 units on map) so it had actually lost $1 somewhere. After maintenance it should have been 11/6.

Fleets at sea cost $5 each so 2 fleets at sea + 1 corps woulld be $11. 14/6 - $11 = $3/6. Looks normal if your fleets are at sea. Sweden's numbers changed because of EiH but I am guessing same thing - the fleets at sea cost is what is making it look weird.

(in reply to nappy)
Post #: 4
RE: AI building Minors up? - 12/15/2007 4:04:42 AM   
nappy

I think you may be right about fleets at sea. I looked back on the save and I realised that the Dutch fleets amd one swedish were no longer in the blockade box. The other swede was in the blockade box. I didnt realise they were knocked out to sea by the succesful breakout of the blockaded fleet (land phase scuttle situation in London). It seems naval and blockade situations are giving folks the heartache lately (ie British Civil war thread). I didnt think that would happen as it did not in FtF.  

So the final math HOLLAND 14/6 (-11) = $3/6 is correct. Kudos, good catch.   
                       SWEDEN  18/10 (-8) = $10/10 Sweden had 2 corps 2 fleets (5+1+1+1).
                                                       So the $9/6 there is odd. 18/10 is the game info screen value.
                                                       I reloaded an earlier save and voila it was fixed. It must have been
                                                       some freaky local hiccup.

Now we still need to look at builds but the economics seem fine after all.

Naps 

(in reply to nappy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> AI building Minors up? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI